to: all of you - we will make it! :-)
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea.
    I have been on MFP for 46 days and in that time:
    No soda-regular or diet
    I have been under my calorie goal every day
    I have become more fit and can now swim for an hour. When I started I could only make it up and back once huffing and puffing
    I FEEL BETTER!
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have logged EVERYTHING I eat... no matter what. And my diary is set to public. No cheating on this. I refuse to be a closet eater anymore. SO proud of myself for this.

You just read me like a open book! :laugh: :blushing: Ok, ok I will start logging everything today. I'll try to do better choosing my meal options and stop being a "closet eater" :wink: !
  • aimeemusic
    aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am just finished by last day of week 2 in Ripped in 30 DVD. I have a day off tomorrow and weight in.

Today I did 13 minutes of zumba (warm up to run)
    ran for 25 (1.5 miles)
    and did the RI30 work out.

I hope my weight in goes well tomorrow (crosses fingers for a 1 pound weight loss!!)

>.<
  • bug802
    Options
    I am new on here and as of the last week and half, I have stopped drinking soda (or really any thing that isn't water), started exercising at least 30 mins almost every day, and I stopped smoking. All these smallish changes have added up to a whole new way of life. I feel positive and energetic for the first time in a long time. My life's changing and my body's changing with it, I have lost 5 lbs.

good luck every one! stay positive!
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea.

I read this article on how small victories can change our lives - here it is : http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/sep/09/change-life-small-victories-burkeman
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oh and here's mine for this week - have a visting relative who's brought a ton of sweet stuff - cake, chocolates, the works - and for the first time in my life I have not indulged even "just a little bit", nor sneaked into the kitchen to guzzle the stuff secretly!! Feel quite pleased at my abstinence
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    I work at a bank and I'm helping put together some goodies for a meet and greet tonight at a home owner's assoc. meeting. I was icing some mini cupcakes and I was doing SO well! But, I snuck in some icing on a strawberry (Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting)... OMG SO GOOD. I shared the idea with a few ladies at my office. Total hit.

I was disappointed with myself for giving in. But then I realized, this is a lifestyle I'm on... not a fad diet. I can't go around feeling like everything is off limits. I'll totally screw up. SOOO...

I logged it. Two tablespoons of vanilla frosting and some fruit (guessing at quantity so I logged more than I think I ate). I'm still within my calories. Empty calories, yes. But not overboard where I am going to give up and throw in the towel.

This is a new way of thinking for me. I'm happy about this way of thinking. It feels like "skinny people thinking." LOL

This is awesome and exactly how I feel! I'm changing my life not on some fad diet...so if I want a rice crispy treat once every couple days...I'm going to have one! So many people that I know don't get this...change your life...get heatlhy...but don't deprive yourself of a treat every now and then!
  • olik1981
    olik1981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    it is very difficult to think positive today (you should see my food notes, or better not!)

but i have realized that i didn't eat cream butter for last 2 weeks
    i didn't eat white bread for a month, i switched to whole grain or spelt ones
    there are more and more products with BIO label in our house

and super success of today is that i noted down everything i ate (being honest with myself is so relieving)

thank you for all your comments. it made my day!
    Good luck to you all!
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat the chocolate that'd been staring me in the face all day!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I was going to pig out on sweets because it's Fat Tuesday, but I changed my mind. Going to stay on track today. :smile:

I JUST heard some customer at the bank say "Fat Tuesday" as I read it on your post. LOL I've never heard that term before and just now I heard it AND read it at the same time. Weird. : )

Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day - the day you get rid of all the rich food in your house before starting Lent.

Like many festivals, for many people it has lost it's religious meanings and is now just use it as an excuse to pig out. I had pancakes - Yum :)
  • meycay
    meycay Posts: 29
    Options
    I was going to pig out on sweets because it's Fat Tuesday, but I changed my mind. Going to stay on track today. :smile:

I JUST heard some customer at the bank say "Fat Tuesday" as I read it on your post. LOL I've never heard that term before and just now I heard it AND read it at the same time. Weird. : )

Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day - the day you get rid of all the rich food in your house before starting Lent.

Like many festivals, for many people it has lost it's religious meanings and is now just use it as an excuse to pig out. I had pancakes - Yum :)

Ohhh, that make sence. LOL
  • olik1981
    Options
    all the great life changing things of today :)

* first i didn't write "all the great dieting things of today" but i wrote "all the great life changing things of today" - it is so important to realize that what we are doing now, this particular phase is not for a week, nor for a month or two. it is our change for ever, to have better, nicer, healthier, great looking life. we need to understand that. i need to understand that.
    i am making small changes every week. started with whole grain bread. skipped white bread. than started to drink more and more and more (now i drink min 10 glasses a day). currently i am working on sweets and eating after 7pm. just step by step. don't want to scare my body. don't want to scare myself.
    god bless those who were able to change everything with one cut.
    god bless those who are working on their changes day by day

today's victory:
    a lot of water
    no sweets
    30 min of c25k
    walked for 75min
    made a wise decision to start dinner with salad and only then eat the rest
    ate only half of pizza
    i had very positive thinking today
    it was lovely day

thank you!
    love. o.
  • olik1981
    Options
    We've forgot about this for a while :-(

My victory of today is as simple as possible.
    I am reading your success stories and reminding myself
    how important it is to stay in touch with you all.
    I am looking for the grace to be wise and to be able to do it!
  • olik1981
    Options
    i don't think i did something wise today
    :mad:
    :cry:
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oooohh, can I get in on this?

Today, for the 4th day in a row, I did not have any candy from the dishes on all the assistants' desks.

I do believe in treating myself occasionally, but once I start eating candy at work, I can't stop.

Thanks for this thread, it's a great idea!
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    I think this is a great thread too!

today my success is that I got through a "bad" day yesterday (made some poor choices) without berating myself, feeling guilty, feeling like a failure, or using the bad day as an excuse to give up and keep on eating. Kinda backwards but whatever.

My second success is that I am chugging through the day feeling great and on track like yesterday never even happened!
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    I've eaten my sandwiches on whole wheat the last 2 days and it didn't kill me lol. I've always been a wonder bread baby so this is a big deal for me!
  • coreyoreyoreo
    coreyoreyoreo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Let's keep this going!! I wanna join!

so far today (since the day isn't over for me yet)
    -only had 1 cup of coffee instead of 3-4
    -had a cup of green tea instead of one of those usual coffees
    -I got full before I finished my lunch and didn't keep on eating! this is huge for me!

I'll have more after I go to the gym later :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!