19 CALORIE CUPCAKES!

Replies

• Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    OMG! I AM SO EXCITED! gonna try this at home....==)) thank youi!
  • bump
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    bump
  • Bump
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Don't forget to Enter your ingredients in the recipe builder...

after Counting again I got 42 per mini cupcake. not 19 :sad:

It's still a super awesome alternative opposed to blowing your counting out the water for a sweet fix. :bigsmile:

Just wanted to make sure I reposted so you guys were aware the the caloric content changed. :flowerforyou:
  • Sounds great! I like to use a yellow cake mix with the sprite zero and pour it over pineapple slices in a baking dish. Sprinkle with very little brown sugar and it is a good substitute for pineapple upside down cake.
  • JayTee146
    WORRIED!!!!! Just made them (37 cals each). Tried one and now one side of my mouth is tingly and a bit metallic. Is this normal?!!!?

That's never happened to me.

But I have gotten a bitter taste kinda when I've sprayed to much butter spray on the the muffin paper. I hope you're okay :flowerforyou:
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks for the 411.....I will make these for my birthday this coming Saturday!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Lbrobt
    Lbrobt Posts: 13 Member
    UMMMMMM,,,,,slight problem..knew these may be too good to be true.....Ok when u scan the bar code using your smart Phone and the My fitness app....well the calories are for 1/9th of the package as previously described and that would be 19 calories a piece.....of course when youbake the cake your using the WHOLE PACKAGE....a whole package of Betty Crocker Moist Yellow cake is 1600 calories.....divide that by 12 and you definitely do not get 19.....you get 137. Damn....and i just went out and bought 4 boxes...oh well...guess i gotta walk some more..
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    UMMMMMM,,,,,slight problem..knew these may be too good to be true.....Ok when u scan the bar code using your smart Phone and the My fitness app....well the calories are for 1/9th of the package as previously described and that would be 19 calories a piece.....of course when youbake the cake your using the WHOLE PACKAGE....a whole package of Betty Crocker Moist Yellow cake is 1600 calories.....divide that by 12 and you definitely do not get 19.....you get 137. Damn....and i just went out and bought 4 boxes...oh well...guess i gotta walk some more..

If the box is 1600 calories and you are making 24 regular size cupcakes it would be 67 calories per cupcake if you make 48 mini cupcakes from the box it would be about 34 calories per. Still pretty good.
  • bsdive
    bsdive Posts: 75 Member
    I do this and use the reduced sugar cake mix and you can not tell the difference!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Ok, this may be a stupid question but how much does the final product taste like the soda you used?

I used spice cake and diet Sprite didn't taste the soda.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    I have been meaning to try this and keep forgetting! I think I'm going to make this on my next cheat day. I'm also wondering if there is some kind of "healthier" frosting I could make...I have to admit I HATE using cool whip- it tastes nothing like real icing!
  • JayTee146
    I have yet to have found anything. . . other than cool whip ............. how about a dap of fat free ice cream.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    I use this "recipe" to make cupcakes for my kids at church with allergies to eggs and milk. They're good...just don't rise up as pretty, but that's okay.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    bump!
  • katmmcd
    katmmcd Posts: 17 Member
    Yum! I'm making these this weekend.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/12/diet-soda-cake-35-pts.html

I'm really curious about this - I'm having a party on Friday night and think I'll give them a go for the girls! Canny beat a cheat cake!

Lxx

Exatly, 2 WW pts, the OP is quite off about cals. A box of cake mix is about 140 cals per 1/12 so a regular batch makes about 20, lets say 24 small ones to be easy mathematically and then x2 for mini's, that’s 35 cals each, double what the op said plus, 1 mini cupcake sounds like a hard # to stop on. I've never experienced cravings so I'd say ditch the whole thing. It’s either a splurge day due to hard-core working out or its nothing but hey, soda cake is always an option it’s just "no big deal" (say that like Hanover guy, ha ha!)
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Bump
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    I made an Orange Dreamsicle cake:

Yellow Cake mix
    diet orange soda
    2 egg whites (you can leave them out, it just helps it rise when making cake)
    sugar free orange jello (2 small boxes)
    Cool Whip free

Mix cake mix with diet orange soda and egg whites (or not) - bake according to directions on box. I made mine in an 11x13 pan. Let cool and poke holes in cake. Mix one pkg of jello and pour over cake.
    Mix Cool whip and other box of jello (just the powder) and frost cake once it has cooled. Keep in fridge.

Very refreshing - even my husband and picky kids liked it.