19 CALORIE CUPCAKES!

Options

Replies

• annieheavrin
    Options
    When I just plugged in JUST the funfetti mix into the Recipe Builder, only the cake mix divided by 48 came to 45 calories a piece? Did I do something wrong?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    This sounds horrible. I'd rather have a delicious homemade cupcake with real butter, eggs, sugar, etc. I don't care if one had 300 calories, I'll make room for a GOOD, quality treat now and then.

I totally get that.
    However, some others may not have that kind of control, so it's a good option instead of going over calories.
    And for people like me that currently aren't allowed eggs, milk, or wheat... it's a nice treat since although I would LOVE a real cupcake, I cannot have the real thing,(unless I want to bust out in hives everywhere).
  • kazzamcamille
    kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    on the box it says it makes 12 cupcakes at 250 a peice. I know that half that would be the 24 for 90

gosh did I add that wrong :sad: I sooo hope not!
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    I'm not sure, I just know that when I input the info into the Recipe Builder just for the cake mix nothing else, unprepared, it comes to that for 48 cupcakes?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome chocolate cake recipe that originally subbed water and mayo for eggs and milk...I use greek nonfat yogurt in place of the mayo, it is a moist and delicious treat, but the sugar in the batter, and the choco ganache frosting put it over the top...would Splenda sub for the sugar? What about sugar free choco chips?
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    on the box it says it makes 12 cupcakes at 250 a peice. I know that half that would be the 24 for 90

If you do the math 12 x 250 = 3000 cal for whole recipe
    3000 cals / by 24 = 125 per cup cake
  • misskerouac
    Options

If you do the math 12 x 250 = 3000 cal for whole recipe
    3000 cals / by 24 = 125 per cup cake

Wouldn't the box have the calories for the cupcakes made NORMALLY though? with egg and oil? Because they would be considerably less using diet soda instead.
    I don't think just the dry mix is that high in calories
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Most boxes have the calories of the mix only. A box of German Chocolate Cake mix that I have has 2040 calories in it (12 servings at 170 each serving, cake mix only). I don't have FunFetti Flavour, but I'm sure it will have the calories for the mix only too.
  • jrbourdon
    Options
    bump
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Most boxes have the calories of the mix only. A box of German Chocolate Cake mix that I have has 2040 calories in it (12 servings at 170 each serving, cake mix only). I don't have FunFetti Flavour, but I'm sure it will have the calories for the mix only too.

ahhh ok
    The Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devils Food Cake one I use is 1600 for the box (dry mix, it's lists 2600 as the prepared amount). So about 67 Cals if I made 24.
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    guess what I am making tonight :)
    That makes two of us!
  • Lv2teachca
    Options
    I can't wait to try these!

5242735.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ELIZACAY236
    ELIZACAY236 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Love these!!! I have made devil's food cake with diet Pepsi and cool whip free and I think they taste like Suzy Qs!!!

You can also make a dump cake with frozen berries, yellow cake mix, and a can of diet white soda...
    And I make mini-muffins with a large can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix....

no eggs, no oil...just Yummy!!!

Cooking times vary. Heat oven to temperature on cake box.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    OP: Thanks for sharing this! :flowerforyou:
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you!