Options

Replies

• Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    Oh wow, those sound great, can't wait to try!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!! I need a cupcake!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    cant wait to try!!!

i will make for my job's POT LUCK next week!
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't ever seem to to get an exact cooking time down because it cooks kinda fast. I just know when I'm able to submerge a toothpick in the cupcakes and it comes out without anything on there they're ready :)

Normally cupcakes bake good at 350F for 20mins I've never had a problem with them at this time.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    A previous poster asked if there is any diet soda taste in the finished product, and I'd like to know the same thing. The concept sounds interesting, but I'm not keen on having a cake that tastes like pop.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    Funniest thing ever.... my guy texted me saying he got to have cupcakes for lunch and I've been craving them ever since :D so excited to go home and make these.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may be a stupid question but how much does the final product taste like the soda you used?
    [/quote
    Since I always use sprite.. I can't say what any others taste like but I only takes the sprinkles not the diet soda.. they are awesome! and if I want a little extra sweet I have a half a cup of fat free icecream for 90 calories happy V-DAY TO ME :heart: :love:
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A previous poster asked if there is any diet soda taste in the finished product, and I'd like to know the same thing. The concept sounds interesting, but I'm not keen on having a cake that tastes like pop.

I have made these for years. I never tlel anyone this is how I make them and no one knows the difference. So the short answer is NO, they do not taste like soda at all.

My SIL uses diet coke (or even diet cherry coke) in chocolate cake. Dark soda for dark cakes, light soda for light cakes.
    If you use Cherry or maybe diet dr. p it will have some of that flavor in there.
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Will be trying these soon! Has anyone tried using diet cola in a brownie mix?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    worth a try!
  • JayTee146
    Options
    I have heard that you can try a darker cake mix(chocolate) with diet coke and that it has an after taste like diet coke does. I haven't tried it to be totally certain though. I'm so happy with the one's I make I haven't really experimented with anything else.

I will tell you guys this! having those cupcakes there is super tempting so before I went to smaller cupcakes I baked half and the rest of the cake mix was placed in the fridge for a few days in a zip lock bag and it baked well even after being placed in the fridge. :flowerforyou:
  • JayTee146
    Options
    :bigsmile: You've got to try it
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I have made these for years. I never tlel anyone this is how I make them and no one knows the difference. So the short answer is NO, they do not taste like soda at all.

My SIL uses diet coke (or even diet cherry coke) in chocolate cake. Dark soda for dark cakes, light soda for light cakes.
    If you use Cherry or maybe diet dr. p it will have some of that flavor in there.

Awesome! I'll see if I can get my hands on some Diet Pepsi tonight. We have tons of boxed cake mixes here, so I doubt anyone will notice if I use one to experiment. :D
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely I'll have to give them a try!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    bump