Can some people never fit in a sz 2?

Options

Replies

• malibukaty11
    malibukaty11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think most average framed people can fit into a modern day size US size 2 (which really isn't that small). I can't imagine that the majority of the population is large framed. I have a huge butt and I fit into a 2/4 at my current weight. I used to be a 14 before all the weight loss. Below a 2 or 4 for a tall person might be harder I'm guessing but its not that unattainable.

I don't get why everyone thinks they would look "sickly" at a healthy weight still.

I am 5'6, and my goal weight is about 135-140 depending on how muscular I am, and size 6. I went through a really awful breakup and got down about 130 for awhile and probably could have worn a size 4 but my hair was falling out lol. My goal pic is me at a 6 and about as skinny as I want to get. If I get much further below 6 it doesn't look good on me so I have no desire to attain a 2. I would consider myself "average" framed.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I'd never want to be a size 2. I like my curves! My goal is a size 6... Currently size 8. I'd never aim for a size 2 HELL to the NO!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    5'9", 155, I wear a size 8.
    I'm hoping when I reach my GW of 145 that I'll be wearing a 6.
    Size 2 would be too small for me.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was a a size 3...back around the time I was 18, weighing a ridiculous 115 being 5'8". I was, probably goes without saying I was ridiculously skinny. BUT, I do have hips. I weigh a bit under 150 now and usually wear a size 7 or 9. Hoping to eventually get back in to 5s!!!
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a BMI around 18.5 (I know, I know its a little low) and I cannot fit into a size 2. Any less weight i would be pretty darn unhealthy and i still prolly wouldn't fit into a smaller size :P
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I've been a size 4 before, but I don't think I was ever a 2. Hips and all, even at my skinniest (112 lbs).
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sure you can! But if you're anything like me the other thigh and butt check isn't going to fit. I have a medium frame and baby making hips lol. They just won't go over the hips no matter how much I lost. I wouldn't look good st a size 2 anyways.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Smallest i've ever been as an adult was a size 5. I don't think i could get into a 2. Nor would i want to. Now my daughter, on the other hand, when she was 16 and weighed the same as i did at the same age, could wear a 0 or a 2.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Because at 125 (and I'm 5'1") I was a size 8/10.... I have incredibly thick muscles in my thighs (I used to climb... a lot).... I would literally have to lose muscle mass for me to be thin enough to wear a 2.... I have friends that wear a 0/2... there is no way I could ever be as thin as they are.... again, not without starving myself.... and that's not to even mention my DD boobs.

I didn't factor in the big breasts part, lol I'm definitely flat chested. Wouldn't you be be smaller with more muscle though? I'm only smaller now at a higher weight because I've been lifting heavier weights and have more muscle. I'm 5'3ish so we're kinda close in height. 125 is my goal weight.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Sure you can! But if you're anything like me the other thigh and butt check isn't going to fit. I have a medium frame and baby making hips lol. They just won't go over the hips no matter how much I lost. I wouldn't look good st a size 2 anyways.
    Best. Answer. Ever. :)
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can be a size 2 between 100-105 lbs and the brand of clothing, but it is questionable as to whether I look good or not. And I'm thinking "not" is what I look like there.
  • summonfire
    summonfire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think so, pretty much only petite framed women probably could be that size surely? (which I think is a 6 here in the UK). and I've seen size 6 on a hanger, its tiny.

I am 5ft 10 and now 132 (after 23lbs lost, woohoo), I now fit a size 10 (uk) in jeans. If I were to lose any more weight then I would be classed as 'underweight'. So reckon I will never be lower than a 10 (usa 8?) because of my health, but also my hips!! Clothes sizes over here in the UK vary widely depending on where you shop, so I could be a size 8(uk) in some shops.

My story if any of you want to see: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/436225-21lbs-lost-with-photos

Clothes that fit and look good is more important than the label, and more importantly be a healthy size! (for your frame)
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You would have to have a petite frame to be a size two not matter how tall you are. I have a friend who is 5'9 125. She is a small frame... she wears a 2 or 4. She has hips and a butt for that size. But every where else she is SKINNY. And honestly TOO skinny. She would look much better with a lil weight and muscle on her. But thats all personal preference I suppose.
    I am 5'10 and large build. The smallest I ever was ... was a juniors 8/10. A nd I was SKINNY then. Skin and bones.
    Thats why BMIs are so off to me.... never true and accurate. Becouse there are so many different frames that that wieght can sit on.
  • springermad
    Options
    I am an American size 2 which is a UK size 4 x
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    The smallest I can get to is a size 9 (been there before when I was 135 pounds) and currently I am your height, I currently weigh the same as you and my goal is to get to 140-150. The smallest I have ever been was a size 9....So I am satisfied with getting back down to that
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds which is a pretty substantial amount. I can even tell I've lost that much weight. But I've only gone down from a 16 to a 12.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I think size 2 would be awesome and all except for the annoying fact that there is not a consistency in our sizing in America. A size 2 can mean a size 00 or a 4-5 in totally different stores.

With that being said, I'm 5'9'' and I will be absolutely happy to be a size 5. I'm already ecstatic to be under the double digits. I really think you have NOTHING to fret about once you are size 12 or under. At that size you can basically shop anywhere. There will obviously be things you shouldn't wear but we all are female with curves and can pull off plenty of outfits. We just have to know what looks good and find it. Also if you aren't happy with what you have you can always weight lift or do other things to form your body into what you want.

But I really think it should NOT be about size but about how you LOOK and FEEL in the outfit.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I think most average framed people can fit into a modern day size US size 2 (which really isn't that small). I can't imagine that the majority of the population is large framed. I have a huge butt and I fit into a 2/4 at my current weight. I used to be a 14 before all the weight loss. Below a 2 or 4 for a tall person might be harder I'm guessing but its not that unattainable.

I don't get why everyone thinks they would look "sickly" at a healthy weight still.

how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? nevermind i see you are 5'3 - that explains the whole post. lol.
    when you get into the 5'9 + range it is physically impossible for some of us to get a size 2 around our hip bones no matter what we weigh.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i don't know about sizes but i just wanna say that people keep saying this frame stuff are wrong. If i eat like a pig for 2 years I will be huge. My "frame" will be bigger. There is no such thing as frame, only, underweight - healthy - overweight - obese - past obese
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i don't know about sizes but i just wanna say that people keep saying this frame stuff are wrong. If i eat like a pig for 2 years I will be huge. My "frame" will be bigger. There is no such thing as frame, only, underweight - healthy - overweight - obese - past obese

Right, but the size of your bones will not change. I am sure you can agree that all people of the same height do not have the same exact bone structure/size. That is what people mean by "frame."