What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just made a "quesadilla" with some Flat out flat breads, mushrooms, onions, spinach, and the cheese..It was HUGE and delicious and under 300 cals :)
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use it to make mac & cheese for my kids. This came about when they wanted mac & cheese but we didn't have any box mix in the pantry.

I boil whatever shaped pasta they want, then each bowl gets one wedge on top of the hot pasta. Then, I stir until it is well mixed (sometimes I soften the cheese before I add it to the pasta). My kids love it. We often add a few spoonfuls of chili on top to mac chili mac, but they like it both ways.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like it in a homemade chicken quesadilla with flour tortillas, LC cheese spread, grilled chicken breast, mushrooms, and spinach.
  • glory2Him
    glory2Him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • madcitygal
    Options
    bump
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and I think it is my new favorite way to make chicken! so good and quick I'm planning on making it again today for lunch!

Ingredients:
    - Marinade-
    1. orange juice from a freshly squeezed orange
    2. a splash of lemon juice fresh would be better but all I had was concentrate.
    3. 1 TBS of minced garlic
    4. As much paprika as you like
    5. a little cumin to taste
    6. Mrs. Dash to taste
    7. Black pepper to taste
    - Chicken
    1. 7 oz all natural boneless skinless chicken breast Fillet
    2. 1 wedge laughing cow queso fresco
    3. 1 slice of turkey back crumbled

Directions:
    1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl for the marinade
    2. Marinade the chicken in the in the fridge for at least half an hour, I left mine in for an hour.
    3. Butterfly the fillet
    4. Smear the queso fresco inside
    5. microwave, then crumble the bacon and add on top of the cheese
    6. close and grill for a few minutes until cooked clean through on the George Foreman (it doesn't take long at all to cook)

Bon Appitite!
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat lcc with wheat ritz crackers as a snack but after reading all these ideas, I have a new level of thinking for these yummy cheese :) plan to use them for more things. Thanks everyone :)
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've made a version of the alfredo before. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for the ideas.
  • marla_jones
    marla_jones Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    I use it to make mac & cheese for my kids. This came about when they wanted mac & cheese but we didn't have any box mix in the pantry.

I boil whatever shaped pasta they want, then each bowl gets one wedge on top of the hot pasta. Then, I stir until it is well mixed (sometimes I soften the cheese before I add it to the pasta). My kids love it. We often add a few spoonfuls of chili on top to mac chili mac, but they like it both ways.

yummm
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    bump
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is probably not for most people, but I have made my own fake version of Alfredo pasta with Laughing Cow.
    I usually just make 1 serving for myself (I did not dare to let anyone try it, for fear of them hating it)

2 wedges of LCC light swiss
    1/4 cup of plain unsweetened almond milk
    1 tablespoon of chopped garlic (or the ones in a jar already chopped, but I still prefer them fresh from the clove)
    2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (I personally use Vegeta brand seasoning)
    1 package of WildWood Spinach Fettuccine (you can use another Shiritaki noodle brand, but I think the WildWood brand is the best tasting and has more of a noodle feel to it)
    1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.

heat up a small sauce pan with the olive oil and saute the garlic until golden brown
    add the almond milk, cheese wedges and seasoning and stir under a medium to low heat
    drain the package of the spinach noodles and rinse it well, then add it to a pot of boiling water for 5min
    after the noodles have cooked for 5min, the sauce should be creamy and the cheese wedges should be fully melted.

drain the pasta and put it on the plate and top it off with the sauce.

eating the whole package + the cheese sauce should be around 225 to 260 calories total.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is probably not for most people, but I have made my own fake version of Alfredo pasta with Laughing Cow.
    I usually just make 1 serving for myself (I did not dare to let anyone try it, for fear of them hating it)

1 tablespoon of chopped garlic (or the ones in a jar already chopped, but I still prefer them fresh from the clove)
    1 package of WildWood Spinach Fettuccine (you can use another Shiritaki noodle brand, but I think the WildWood brand is the best tasting and has more of a noodle feel to it)

heat up a small sauce pan with the olive oil and saute the garlic until golden brown
    add the almond milk, cheese wedges and seasoning and stir under a medium to low heat
    drain the package of the spinach noodles and rinse it well, then add it to a pot of boiling water for 5min
    after the noodles have cooked for 5min, the sauce should be creamy and the cheese wedges should be fully melted.

eating the whole package + the cheese sauce should be around 225 to 260 calories total.

Def trying this 1! Thanks!!
  • DebLee
    DebLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to use LC to stuff jalapeno peppers. Especially the queso in jalapenos.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

That looks fabulous!!!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    bump
  • stormrider4477
    Options
    Bumping to follow this topic! Loads of yummy recipes so far.
    Thanks to everyone! :flowerforyou: