Greek Yogurt: How do you like it?

Options

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Baked apple, teaspoon of raisins in the hole where the core used to be, 2 tablespoons of Total zero % dolloped on the top. Works for me.
  • Cbcarter08
    Cbcarter08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My favorite kind of greek yogurt is Yoplait Honey Greek Yogurt! It is the only kind that I've found that tastes really good and I eat it for breakfast a lot of mornings. The 6 oz one is 130 cals I believe and the 4 oz one is 100 cals.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain yogurt whether it is Greek or not (although I can cook with it...I just can't eat it by the spoonful). The Greek yogurt I use is Liberte--the one I have now is honey, and it is soooo good. When you first open it, you just stir it up since the honey flavour is all on the bottom. It is not too sweet, and not too bitter. Soo yummy!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani stuff with fruit in it, particularly the blood orange and the apple cinnamon.

I do substitute in the plain greek yogurt for sour cream in recipes or as a topping or potatoes, whatever. The flavor seems about the same...
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I do - put 1 packet of 0 calorie sweetener in and some fresh blackberries. That's pretty yummy. I've also added the Galaxy applesauce granola. I always have to put a little 0 calorie sweetener in it though, or else I don't like it. I've only ever tried Chobani and the mango is my favorite.

I've also made smoothies with it and I heard you can get the plain flavor and put a Ranch dressing mix packet in it for a healthier Ranch dressing.
  • moopachoo
    moopachoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the individual Oikos ones with fruit on the bottom. So far my favourite is the Pomegranate Raspberry one! Soo tasty. The fat free ones are pretty okay too but I almost feel like the ones with fat are worth it since I generally don't go over my fat allowance anyways.

I've been trying to decide if the sugar to protein ratio in the Oikos ones is worth it though... Any thoughts?
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOVE Greek yogurt. I add different things such as fruit, nuts, low-fat granola, grape nuts, honey and Splenda. Another MFP user says she dips fruit in Greek yogurt and freezes for a yummy snack. I want to try that!
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So today I decided to buy Oikos Greek Plain Yogurt to try.

I did not like it plain, that was so gross. I put pureed fresh raspberries in it with a packet of Truvia and found that I liked it that way. But it still needs something.

So I wanted to know how you like it?

you know what it is? its that nasty taste you get when someone farts in your face, i avoid everything that has to do with greece!! its a political thing for me.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is disgusting to me.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like it with some Uncle Sam cereal, berries (fresh or frozen but halfway defrosted) and a drizzle of honey.
  • amyruben
    amyruben Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Plain with some honey/Truvia and fresh berries or banana slice! Yum :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i eat the stuff plain. lol. i love it. i put granola and fruit in it on occasion as well of course. :3
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Plain over a baked potato or turkey taco instead of sour cream.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I don't like the plain either :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like Fage Total plain and Greek Gods Artemis plain. Like eating cool whip! Only it's actually good for you.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Chobani 0% with fruit at the bottom is great !!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Due to health reasons, I have forced myself to learn to eat plain yogurt - I actually like plain old yogurt better than the greek plain. You really do get used to it after a while, but every once in a while I think "i just can't eat this." For me, the benefits have been worth it.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt, with salsa makes a wonderful dip, also in place of mayo in tuna sandwiches, and in recipes, for liquid./with fruit etc in smoothies and just like sour cream on baked potatoes and on Mexican food.

I'd never thought to mix it with salsa before! What a great idea!

I'm a huge fan of anything chobani--their new apple cinnamon flavor tastes so decadent it's like a dessert for me!

This sounds fabulous with the salsa! Thanks!!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I buy Jalna, here in OZ it's really creamy (full fat) but it's a thick set one so you only need 35g, I like it on top of oats, raisin’s, cranberries and 2 tsp of maple syrup (the pure one)

or homemade Tazikki dip
  • coloschick
    Options
    I eat the Chobani yogurt with Go Lean Crunch in it and it is good.