When someone calls you "woman"

Options

Replies

• angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Ohhhh gosh. When my bf is joking around with me he calls me woman! Sooo his six year old sometimes says " WOMAN! Gimme a drink", or " Woman tie my shoes"! It is VERY funny when he says is only because he knows it not nice to say being serious.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I actually like to be called woman... :flip:
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer woman over maam or miss
  • isabellatheo32
    Options
    Huh. This is different for me. I have worked in women specific organizations in which the only word we were allowed to use was woman/women (words like lady, dear, etc had negitive connotations or were pajorative). I find I've kept this as a habit. If someone accomplishes something, I'm very likely to say "good woman!!" Not ok??
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Woman is okay... But if you really want to get on my good side, "Cum Dumpster" is the best. :)

At first I was like :noway:
    & then I was like :laugh:
    Now I'm like :heart:
  • curvatrino
    curvatrino Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would just prefer to be met with, "Greetings, female." What's wrong with that? :flip:

^^ This

From now on it's "Greetings Fellow Female" all the way.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Woman does not bother me. I am after all, a woman. I also get called hun, dear, sweetie, miss, ma'am, chick, lady etc. I guess I am just laid back and don't let things bother me like that? :flowerforyou:
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Woman is okay... But if you really want to get on my good side, "Cum Dumpster" is the best. :)

This made me laugh!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Question. What is :flip:?
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I got my laugh for the day!!!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    tommy called me "woman" ONCE. i laughed so hard i almost died. it was in front of all our friends and every girl's mouth dropped. hahaha honestly, it depends on the situation. He said it and was joking.....it it was meant to be degrading, thatd be a different story.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Question. What is :flip:?

An inside joke. :flip:
  • RH_Brazell
    Options
    It's never bothered me
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    I worked doing personal care in house for some older folks ...Their live in support worker would call me flower..Hey flower good morning..or nice to see ya flower. I didn't know what the hell to think of it ..I didn't care for it and asked her once why she said it ...what it meant ...She said it was just something she always said. I pretty much ignored it thinking it must be an English(England) term of some kind...But it erk'd the ish outta me ...If it meant fragile like a flower because i'm a woman ...she had me pegged wrong!
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I worked doing personal care in house for some older folks ...Their live in support worker would call me flower..Hey flower good morning..or nice to see ya flower. I didn't know what the hell to think of it ..I didn't care for it and asked her once why she said it ...what it meant ...She said it was just something she always said. I pretty much ignored it thinking it must be an English(England) term of some kind...But it erk'd the ish outta me ...If it meant fragile like a flower because i'm a woman ...she had me pegged wrong!

Hi, female.
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    No lol My boyfriend calls me woman all the time, it's usually followed by "make me a sandwich" or "do the laundry". :laugh: It's a joke to us though. When I was bar tending I had a few guys get mad at me and call me woman, but it didn't annoy me. It's better than c**t, another word I don't mind being called. They're just words, they only matter when we give them meaning. For example "Death do us part" obviously has lost all of the meaning it once had. lol To the greeting thing, I always say hello to people, not hi or hey. If I'm online and sending emails I use hey or hi, but I've always been in the customer service industry, hello is more appropriate.

So you never, ever, ever, look at your lady friends and say, "Hey hot girl?" :flip:

Nope, whenever I answer the phone, or see my friends, which very few are women, it's usually Hello Slut, Hello fu**tard, Hello b*tcht*ts. Always hello.

You sound like me... lol, except I cannot stand the C word, it sounds so ugly :sick: but yeah my boyfriend says "hey woman get over here" but it's said with love and a smile :love:
  • brittanyleigh05
    Options
    hey woman. i think i'd rather be called bro. ;)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: im fine with "woman", but my hubbie made the mistake of calling me "sqauw" once.:explode: ....... and discoverd that being hit by a girl realy did hurt:wink:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    really? you would think "ay! woman!" would be better then "ay yo b!tch" or "yo shawty"....
    if you cant yell at them how else are you gonna holla?

on a more serious note... from the topic title i now have the song Woman by Wolfmother stuck in my head....
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    hey woman. i think i'd rather be called bro. ;)

Sup, bro? :flip: