Gas prices!!! What is yours today in your area!!!

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    $3.44 in Little Rock, AR
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but have you not heard of the US being in a recession or do you live under a rock?

Lol...do I live under a rock?

Have YOU not heard the whole world is in recession...countries declaring bankruptcy? Yes, US economy is in toilet...but so is everyone else's...stop complaint. Your gas is the lowest in the world
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but have you not heard of the US being in a recession or do you live under a rock?

Have YOU not heard the whole world is in recession...countries declaring bankruptcy? Yes, US economy is in toilet...but so is everyone else's...stop complaint. Your gas is the lowest in the world

... of the developed countries. Canada is also near the cheapest gas, but still more than the US.
  • Bevkus
    Options

Yes indeed, Canada is one of lowest...that's why I'm not complaining!!!
    ... of the developed countries. Canada is also near the cheapest gas, but still more than the US.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing that you're complaining about others complaining....we're such spoiled Americans,please. *eye roll*
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I find it amusing that you're complaining about others complaining....we're such spoiled Americans,please. *eye roll*
    teehee:laugh:
  • lmrw1959
    lmrw1959 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Duluth, MN. $3.48. Cheaper at Sam's Club. But still too much.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    $3.65 in Orlando, FL

not complaing, back home it's $8.05/gallon - and YES, most of that is taxes... it also goes up whenever something happens in the Middle East. America is not special in that regard ;)
  • jbt21479
    Options
    Just have to find ways to work around it. The wife and I have recently started carpooling since we have a small commute of about 30 minutes to work and work within 2 miles of eachother. My truck on average, when the gas was at $3.19 cost about $65-75 a week plus about $35-40 for the wifes car, depending on traffic. So now that we just take her car that get much better mileage we are about $45 a week total. Its an inconvenience because we have to rush to drop the boys off in the morning at different schools and rush to get back to pick them up in time. But for a $260-300 savings a month, its well worth it!

That amount of savings to me = more time at the lake during the summer!!! :smokin:
  • saramarie421
    Options
    3.65 in PA
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I use to ride the bus. I had all the routes mapped out and could go anywhere I wanted to for only $35 a month. Plus I got to walk everywhere so cardio wasn't issue. Then I got my car fixed and I said to hell with waiting for the bus and walking.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Ofcourse your country has higher taxes. How do you think your government pays for the "free" healthcare?
  • courtney131
    Options
    $3.75 in Lexington, Ky
  • EReeves2
    EReeves2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I paid $3.49/gal for regular gas in East Texas yesterday.
  • Bevkus
    Options
    ]
    Ofcourse your country has higher taxes. How do you think your government pays for the "free" healthcare?

LOL...thats for sure...nothing is ever "free" is it. Gas tax, sales tax, personal tax...all higher in Canada! Oh, maybe clean water is cheaper, thats it.

I guess you folks in the states are at a cross-roads with the health care debate. Its not cheap, that is for sure! Guess it depends on priorities. So you dont have health care and gas is cheaper. I guess the government wants you to take your savings on gas and save it for your next doctor's appointment LOL.

All I know...USA is a beautiful country, so many positive things about your neck of the woods...AND cheap gas!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Canada kicks butt! ?Gas prices are high though ;O)
  • cloverjenn
    Options
    In Vancouver, gas today is $1.279/litre which is the equivalent of $4.98/gallon. This is the reason I drive the 15 minutes to Washington and pay $3.91/gallon!
  • erickirb
    Options

Health care spending accounts for more than 40% of my Provinces revenue.
  • erickirb
    Options
    $4.09 in sacramento.

though....my dental care sucks.
    I do like paying less taxes for cigarettes.

Perhaps if I rode a bus and stopped smoking I could afford to take care of my teeth better.
    Wait, what are we debating here?

Dental Care is not covered by our medical system in Canada, unless you are low income. Most employers offer medical insurance that covers it though.