Woman Belly...

Options
1235»

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Great advise IMO. When I get close to goal I will hit the strength training hard. I have seen amazing results from women that do this.

Thanks, no reason to wait until you hit close to your goal weight though before you start strength training.

As a regular part of your weight loss, it helps to retain muscle while you are losing, and muscle is quite easily lost along with fat through the process. Strength training and enough protein help to reduce this as much as possible.
    It also, makes it easier to end up with a more toned body once you do reach that weight, rather than trying to work on that as a separate goal later on :)
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I deal with the same problem. It's more common than you think especially if you have kids. I think the only way to get rid of it is by having a tummy tuck...I don't think excersising will do it. That's my plan:)

THIS. My doctor told me the only way to get rid of mine was going to be surgery. I dropped 163 lbs and it never went away. Sadly, I will have to get the sugery one day... you know... when I win the lottery... lol
  • susankaye123
    Options
    I thnk that most woman that gain weight then lose it, or women that have c-sections will hav that problem with their belly. Ive read up on tummy tucks and I was so amazed at the final results. But know matter what I dont think you look bad at all..
  • Ms_Lassie
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections so have that lovely scrunchy look from stretch marks sitting right over the scar but I have found doing lots of core work is great for the belly. Sometimes it feels like it's only happening on the inside but gradually it is working it's way outwards!

A great class I go to is a core/fitball/pilates mix and the whole time it is squeeze the glutes, hold the pelvic floor, belly button to the spine throughout the whole class! After awhile I have found myself reminding myself to do all these things throughout the day... Holding the tummy in, making sure those muscles are switched on as often as you can (at my desk, in the car etc.) will mean they are working not only while you are exercising. Eventually it will become natural to carry yourself in this 'active' way and hopefully tighten the tummy up for good!

Keep at it, you are looking fantastic and most of all be happy with how much you have achieved so far =)
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    First off, I CAN definitely see a difference. But of course, we are our worst critics. 2nd, do you lift, and do you lift heavy?
    I saw a drastic improvement in my entire body when I started lifting heavy, including my tummy. That in combo with lowering your bf% is what it takes. You can do it.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to loose and it's sad to say this but I was so heavy I didnt notice my belly button frown until I started losing. Sadly in a way it's proof that my body is changing. I know exactly what you are talking about and I really hope it goes away! Thanks for posting this I will be reading the replies myself as well.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    First off, I CAN definitely see a difference. But of course, we are our worst critics. 2nd, do you lift, and do you lift heavy?
    I saw a drastic improvement in my entire body when I started lifting heavy, including my tummy. That in combo with lowering your bf% is what it takes. You can do it.

The only weight things I do are either following my 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels or using some of her moves while I'm in the gym doing my own thing. I do lots of cardio and used to think I only needed cardio but I noticed when starting 30 DS I had better results incorporating some weights and resistance to build muscle. If you want a better idea of what my belly is now go look at the post under this section (Success Stories) and there's four pictures I posted on the post titled "I want everyone's 30 Day Shred Results Pics Please!!"
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    There is a huge difference in your belly. Just keep going and it will get down. I weigh around 175 right now and my belly is 33", it was 32", but I have been sick and no exercise, so it's back to 33". When I was 220, it was 40". Anyways, at 32", I'm considered "healthy", but no way, I need to lose AT LEAST another 30 lb and I'm back to exercise tomorrow if I actually feel better.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mine is 37" and at 5'6" and 132 lbs that is HUGE!! :(( working hard - cardio 4-5x week and weight/strength training 3x week (personal trainer for this part, it hurts)
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

The only weight things I do are either following my 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels or using some of her moves while I'm in the gym doing my own thing. I do lots of cardio and used to think I only needed cardio but I noticed when starting 30 DS I had better results incorporating some weights and resistance to build muscle. If you want a better idea of what my belly is now go look at the post under this section (Success Stories) and there's four pictures I posted on the post titled "I want everyone's 30 Day Shred Results Pics Please!!"

I would definitely try lifting, ease yourself into it. you will see a difference!
  • JennyBB125
    Options
    They usually say the first place to gain is the last place to lose so I think once you lose more if will start coming off your belly. If I were you I would keep losing like youre losing and start strength training to gain some muscle and tone your abs.
  • jthomps85
    Options
    I've got the same problem. Since this time last year, I've lost 50 pounds. I can't tell. My belly still looks the same, and no matter how much I do I can't seem to lose it.

My doctor thinks that once I reach my goal, I might need some surgery to remove the extra skin.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danmoffett
    Options
    I'm not a woman. But I have lost 153 pounds. Instead of a keg I'm working on a six pack. Belly fat is the last to go.
    What helped me is rebounding. That is jumping on a rebounder. I do it several times a day.
    NASA and the USAF did a study and found rebounding is the best exercise devised by man.
    And it's fun, like jumping on the bed when you were a kid but without getting yelled at.
    Give it and try. I believe it will help.

Dan
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!