Dieting and alcohol!?

Options

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    when on the weight loss portion of my diet, i drank vodka from time to time.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The world's oldest known recipe is for beer.

All 13 minerals necessary for human life can be found in alcohol beverages.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Exercise more, love your beverages.
  • vpoleto11
    Options
    bourbon and diet coke

mic ultra light 55 cals

Or vodka with grapefruit juice

I drink about twice a week and have a few beers or three drinks and it's low cal
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    alcohol can wreak havoc with your blood sugar.- since reading about that, its a lot less appealing.
    mind, my first, and only, hangover was the tequila kind - i have never suffered a repeat. - saying i never was much of a drinker to begin with...
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Gonna be me and my Coors Light and karaoke in my basement tonight!

Can I come to your house?? ;)
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet lemonaid (minute maid is yummy). Low cal and high volume - takes longer to drink.
  • eborn
    eborn Posts: 2
    Options
    Diet V8 Splash Tropical Fuit and Rum is Awesome. You get vegetables, antioxidents and Alcohol all in one drink... Low cal and great flavor :)
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    alcohol can wreak havoc with your blood sugar.- since reading about that, its a lot less appealing.
    mind, my first, and only, hangover was the tequila kind - i have never suffered a repeat. - saying i never was much of a drinker to begin with...

So right...one thing I like to do is mix vodka with Special K protein water (fave is pink lemonade). The protein seems to help avoid a sugar crash. Cheers!
  • kayhatlen
    Options
    How about a Miller Genuine Draft 64 beer? They taste good and I plan them into my calories for the day when I drink them. I honestly have not been going out much since I started this journey in January. I'm afraid if I have more than 2 beers I'll get drunk and lose control. I sure don't miss the hangovers though!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i cant drink beer so i keep my drinking to top shelf vodka and hendrick's gin. my mixer is usually soda.

since i'm eating for weight loss, i cant drink as much as i used to without getting drunk, so 3 drinks is sorta my maximum..

the other thing i keep in mind is that i always want to eat after a night drinking, so i make sure to have something pre-cooked for me when i get home. one of my fave post drinking dishes is a dish i bake in the oven with eggs, potatoes, diced chicken, and spinach.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Avoid beer. And avoid cheap, nasty beer that says it's "low-cal" especially-you will just end up drinking more! I'd go for shots, period. If you can't or don't want to just do a shot or two, add citrus juice and club soda. Go for the lowest proof you need to get to your drunk happy place-the lower the proof, the less calories.

Honestly, sweet or fancy cocktails are good if you just want to sip and be a part of the group, but if the point is to get tipsy/drunk, you probably won't care about missing out on the complexities of your drink as soon as you are "good".
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I'm a college student and we all know drinking can be a pretty big part of this lifestyle, haha.

I just try to plan ahead as much as possible. If I know there's a big party coming up I'll try to be under my calories for a couple days before. Then I can save up a few hundred "alcohol calories" for the party.

Also, you can have a full stomach and not be too high in calories. There have been days where I eat nothing but veggies, and I'm stuffed at about 600 calories. If you ate like that before a night of drinking, you'd have hundreds of calories left for drinks but wouldn't be drinking on an empty stomach.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Avoid beer. And avoid cheap, nasty beer that says it's "low-cal" especially-you will just end up drinking more! I'd go for shots, period. If you can't or don't want to just do a shot or two, add citrus juice and club soda. Go for the lowest proof you need to get to your drunk happy place-the lower the proof, the less calories.

Also, yes, this - shots. They get the job done for the lowest amount of calories! If you can't do straight up shots try mixing with diet soda... but I usually just force a few shots down and then I'm good :)
  • eborn
    eborn Posts: 2
    Options
    very interesting....thanks for the link:)
  • TBellmore
    Options
    Michelob ultra only has 95 cals & contains 4% alcohol in a 12oz bottle and for every beer i order, i also order a glass of water, therefore i get the drunk on and stay hydrated... and it makes for much less of a hangover.
  • gordonfitch
    gordonfitch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet coke = 56 cal
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've tried to limit my drinking to one night a weekend, (which sucks, sometimes. Especially this weekend.) and I'll only do shots or vodka with diet sprite, since a lot of the frats have that. And I always make sure to go to the gym and drink a bunch of water those days, too.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The world's oldest known recipe is for beer.

All 13 minerals necessary for human life can be found in alcohol beverages.

took a class that talked about beer helping shape the world. even was used as money and payment. me I loved beer but calorie wise I can have more vodka