Worst pet peeve while driving..........

Options

Replies

• KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    And yeah, people who are going slow and then speed up when I go to pass them.....that pisses me off more than anything!!

This is immature and dangerous. Doing that to the wrong person could have horrific results. People need to grow up.
    Just let them pass. This isn't a driving game and you don't know who's in that vehicle you're messing with.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    People who don't check their mirrors and just pull across you and force you to break.

People who nip out just in front of you causing you to break and then go half the speed limit on a section of road you cannot overtake on.

People who go all the way around a roundabout in the left lane and don't indicate to come off.

When you are waiting in a queue of traffic, people nipping down the NO ENTRY section of road and stealing a parking space ahead of people who'd been queuing correctly.

I could go on and on...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are a bunch of *kitten*; powerless, passive-aggressive ones. You're also a bunch of *kitten* because you wouldn't behave to someone that way face to face.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    All I hope is that all of you who like to play games with other drivers don't run into someone with road rage and a gun. It's just plain stupid to get into a car and play games, like braking hard for a tailgater or blocking people in. Just because you are in an automobile doesn't mean you are invincible.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When you are in the drive straight or turn lane and the person next to you in the TURN ONLY cuts you off and goes straight anyway. . Then turns to look at you shaking their head like YOU are the idiot LOL. happened to me yesterday :p
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Another one....
    Having spent almost 20 years in Alaska.. when someone tailgates you when there is ice on the road, slowly decrease your speed until you know *they* can stop (and won't hit you) if you have to stop. First few snow storms of the year were like bumper cars on the roads. There are 2 military bases within 6 miles of Anchorage and it seems all the people stationed there were from the south and had never driven on ice and snow.
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hate those people that dont see that you are stopping for a school crossing because they are texting, smoking and eating while driving and flippling gnawed chicken wings and cigarette butts out the window as they check out their makeup in the mirror, and they plow into the rear of your car or motorcycle during about 60 mph, driving you screeching through the cross walk sending kids scrambling for their very lives, thus careening your vehicle into the car that is coming toward you, causing your tire and wheel to come rocketing off your vehicle and thus kills the little cute chihuahua that has the little pink dress with ruffles along the hem that the old lady with the walker is walking just before she has a cardiac arrest, due to this catastrophe. Thats about what my worst pet peeve while driving is, I guess.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are a bunch of *kitten*; powerless, passive-aggressive ones. You're also a bunch of *kitten* because you wouldn't behave to someone that way face to face.

You don't know that's true or not. Someone tailgated a friend during a snowstorm - 1 lane road. He stopped in the middle of the road got out and got in the guys face to confront him - the guy of course was like sorry and apologized profusely out of fear (friend is a bigger muscley guy). You just never know who it is you're pissing off for no good reason or what they will do. Driving isn't a game. Doing stupid things to prove a point only proves you're stupid.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

132308122072.png
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    when someone tailgates me I step off the gas, slowly slowing my car down. and my second biggest pet peeve is when someone cuts you off with a bumper sticker/license plate frame or whatever saying "Jesus loves you" I had to cut you off just to let you know Jesus loves you and I'm an asshat.
    Oh and to the person that says i wouldn't act like this to someone face to face, I almost had a truck come in my lane on top of me I honked, he flipped me off and called me a C*nt, and I followed him to his next stop, got out of the car and yelled at him.
  • athensguy
    Options
    You know what I LOVE doing?

When people tailgate me I start to go JUST the speed limit (i usually always am over shush) and then when they go into the other lane to go past me i speed up so they can't :laugh: it is actually the funniest thing ever.

That sounds like a request for violence.

Other pet peeves include:
    Hogging the left lane.
    Speeding up and slowing down erratically.

What the poster described above, preventing someone from passing, is illegal and is an act of aggressive driving.
    Another item that is aggressive driving is "brake checking" someone. If you're driving aggressively like that, you're asking to start trouble. It's too bad that traffic cops don't seem to care about the drivers that do things like those that are actually dangerous.
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

When people tailgate me I start to go JUST the speed limit (i usually always am over shush) and then when they go into the other lane to go past me i speed up so they can't :laugh: it is actually the funniest thing ever.

I can't see whats funny about dangerous driving !!!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options

Says the guy hiding behind a cartoon.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I hate:

People who dont indicate, especially on roundabouts!

Tailgaters

People who blatantly park in 2 spaces just to keep their crappy Rover away from other cars!

Tractors who go on a busy single carriage road but dont pull over to let us through, its 60mph and you're doing 25 - at least have the decency to let me by after 20 miles!

Backseat drivers (aka my little brother) I passed my test and have been driving 5 years, you havent even got your licence yet so if you dont want to walk back home then dont criticize my driving!
  • Tindomerel
    Tindomerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had people aggressively tailgate me before in a 50 zone with average speed cameras when I'm actually doing 50 - even though both outside lanes lanes were clear and they could easily overtake. How lazy is that?

People that don't acknowledge you letting them out

People that don't wear seatbelts

Cyclists that don't wear helmets and especially those who don't have lights in the dark - how am I supposed to see you???
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Morons who text while driving! What a great way to drive...looking down!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

I can't see whats funny about dangerous driving !!!

Yeah really? Well I can't see whats funny about tailgating someone so bad that if they had to break for not even half a second you would be rear ended?!
    And you call that NOT dangerous driving?!
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    People in other cars that think I can't see them picking their noses. I always honk to get their attention then the kids and I point and laugh. Good times.
  • KateeBugg66
    Options
    Tailgaters & men who pick their noses..., gross don't they know we can see them?
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    People who completely drive through stop signs Ch89 Sec9 $100.00 ;-)