AMAZING TRICK FOR COTTAGE CHEESE HEAVEN

Options

Replies

• iluvmuddyjeeps
    Options
    I mix a little sugar free jell-o mix in with mine. It includes the zero calorie sweetener and I can have a different flavour every day!

i eat mine the same way and sometimes i'll put some fruit in with it.
  • antipanic
    Options
    I happen to have some lowfat cottage cheese so I tried this and it is really good! Thanks for the tip!
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Lots of ideas for my grocery list tomorrow!
  • joneskaw
    Options
    bump for later
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with red seedless grapes is my favorite way to eat it.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip--going to try that tomorrow! I love cottage cheese with fresh cut up tomato and a sprinkle of pepper...sooo good!!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like my large curd 4% cottage cheese on toast, with a spoonfull of chia and one of hemp seeds, for protein and omegas 3 and 6 good stuff, sometimes chopped spinach with nutmeg....

Love this. I never thought of putting my hemp seeds in cottage cheese. Thanks for the great idea!!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My current favorite besides just straight-up plain cottage cheese is mixing a tablespoon or two of apple butter into it. Granted, it looks kind of gross but I promise, it's worth getting past the visual disgust for lol
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have always made a fake rice pudding with cottage cheese too. Except I use cottage cheese, fat free cool whip, splenda, cinnamon, then throw a few raisins in it.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love rice pudding! can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!
  • tiffanylb88
    tiffanylb88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I slice up ripe strawberries and a packet of splenda and it tastes just like strawberry cheese cake, but I'm gonna try it with cocoa next time since some one wrote about cocoa in ricottasounds awesome. Great ideas everyone :-)
  • mbissey
    Options
    Can't wait to try a few of these!
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    I add splenda and vanilla extract to my Greek yogurt...yumsters:)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, I haven't had any cottage cheese in a while!
  • maikastar
    Options
    You could also come up with a tiramisu knockoff by mixing a little coffee and into it, with a dribble of marala/ tia maria / kahlua and dust with cocoa.

If you wanted a raelly fancy dessert, you could add the sponge fingers to it and have an even closer approximation. Granted, it would up the calories a bit, but compared to the marscapone and cream etc needed for the authentic recipe it would be a good lighter option for a special occasion
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU to the original poster and to everyone who has chimed in with ideas.

Before this thread, I was puzzling over how to get more protein into my diet without breaking the bank on calories. Cottage cheese is a great solution! I've spent the last few days using cottage cheese in my daily menu and it's worked out beautifully!

(BTW, my favorite so far--although I haven't tried a lot of them--is a Thomas's Light Whole Grain english muffin, toasted, topped with cottage cheese, salt & pepper, and halved cherry tomatoes, for breakfast. The whopping input of protein keeps me satisfied until lunch!)

Again, THANK YOU, everyone!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it with a couple spoonfuls of unsweetened applesauce, packet of Truvia, and some apple pie spice...tastes like apple pie!
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    One night we made a vegetarian red sauce that had roasted eggplant, sliced mushrooms, green peppers in it. We were going to serve it over whole wheat angel hair pasta, but I needed some protein. So I put the pasta on my plate, topped with nonfat cottage cheese, then put the sauce over all. It was fabulous!

Used this idea for spaghetti tonight...melted a bit between the sauce and noodles. Very good and highly recommend. Filled me up too!
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    excited to try something new. i have sweet tooth cravings, and I already eat cottage cheese on my salad, makes it a little more filling. can't wait to try these ideas, thank you for sharing.