Any tips for achieving a thigh gap and flat stomach

Options
Hey, does anyone have any tips/ exercises that could help achieve a thigh gap and flat stomach?

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Corset, and really tight pants.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

hahahahahahahahaha, yes!
  • Tasha_uk
    Options

:laugh:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach: A calorie deficit. When the fat will come off your stomach, will depend on genetics. Sometimes it is the last place to go (like me) and some people store fat mainly on their hips/thighs and get a flat stomach easier.

Thigh gap: I don't understand the trend with this, but this also depends on genetics. If you have wide hips, or don't store much fat in your thighs then you may have a chance when you get lower body fat. For most people though they will always touch. Accept it, embrace it, and learn that no doubt it's part of who you and everybody else is.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Thigh gaps are only achievable if you have wide set hips. Some people will never have them, some people will only have them at a very low weight.
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how much I diet and exercise, I hardly ever lose anything off my thighs, just genetically like that. Crunches are good for stomach though, and lifting your legs while laying flat with your knees up. Hold your abs as you lift, they're brilliant
  • tiny_tina321
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lobotomy is the only thing that will get you your desired thigh gap.
    And if you DO ever achieve this hallowed status: kiss good bye to your health, your fertility, your very being as a woman!
    Please realise what you see in the magazines is all photo-shopped to death, and this image is unhealthy and unsustainable.
    I don't normally post negative responses - we are all on a journey but I hate to see this myth being encouraged.

:sad:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Do I need to break out my Marilyn Monroe pic again?
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options

PLEASE DO - this madness HAS to stop!
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't try to be a "gap girl." It's not an indication of being skinny. It's a combination of wide hip/pelvis shape and very lean thigh muscle tissue. You might as well be asking tips for being tall or how to make your hands bigger. Gap possibility is 90% genetics.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Easy: Genetics.. You either have it or you don't.

There is no way to create what you want since you can't spot reduce... You can also pay for plastic surgery. that might do it.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach: A calorie deficit. When the fat will come off your stomach, will depend on genetics. Sometimes it is the last place to go (like me) and some people store fat mainly on their hips/thighs and get a flat stomach easier.

Thigh gap: I don't understand the trend with this, but this also depends on genetics. If you have wide hips, or don't store much fat in your thighs then you may have a chance when you get lower body fat. For most people though they will always touch. Accept it, embrace it, and learn that no doubt it's part of who you and everybody else is.

Love your response! I've accepted it and am embracing it. And it's making me a much more confident person. :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    The "thigh gap" is to do with the width of your hips and the angle of your hip joints as well as bf%

Flat stomach, bf%.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    My spin & strength instructor always jokes that she is not friends with her innerthighs because they (meaning her innerthighs) have always been closer friends! So, I have a fitness buff/guru in pristine health, and her thighs touch. Genetics it is! May you find happiness in the unique. Portions if your body, and not the obscene figure that the media forces upon us. I say that with kindness, as I am working thru the same vision.
  • newmein2013
    Options
    Denise Austin has some really good workouts that tone the stomach and thighs. I agree with the others about the gap though.
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love it and sooo true :)
  • newmein2013
    Options
    Awesome Marilyn photo!
  • heathermarie517
    Options

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

Perfect reminder -- even for me in my thirties! Thanks!