I PLANK CHALLENGE YOU

Options

Replies

• Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    I did barely 35sec ... Hubby got 1min 34 sec and got bored... Just wasnt fair ... I just gotten done with my "couch to 5k" run and than we started this together and I thought to myself " How stupid ... we are so competitive with each other, we gonna puke our guts out and wont stop" ..than I had that pic in my mind and couldnt stop giggling ... and collapsed
    Well ... I'll try again tomorrow ...
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I can tell I have taken the last few weeks off from working out. 1:10 here. I will try again tomorrow too. :drinker:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow. I was so much better last night, but it made me so sore. This morning I could only get to 1:22. I'll try again this evening.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Just a tad under 2 minutes. Looks easier than it is!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I'll play...

I've been taking a boot camp class in the mornings and part of our assessment every four weeks is seeing how long we can hold the plank (butt down is a must!).

Last Friday, I held my plank for 7 minutes, 5 seconds! The record is just over 8 minutes, so that's my goal. :)

I think I would puke if I tried to make it to 7 minutes.

I was at 46 seconds... :sad:
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    will play... But am starting from the lowest fitness ever so am at 35 seconds .. Can only improve tho and am inspired by those of you who can do it for minutes on end

xxPink
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!!! 35 seconds last night, 42 seconds this morning.... :grumble: it is WAAAYYY harder than it looks, and I am waaaay out of shape. lol I want to see how long it takes me to get to 2 minutes. I'm gonna log my tries under strength training.... thanks for the challenge! Definitely something I can do throughout the day, especially when playing on the floor with our little guy. :happy:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Today we did planks in my gym class. I was 2:03 yesterday. Today, in class, I made it like 0:47ish.... but as my excuse, after all that working out I was exhausted.. maybe tonight I will get back up to 2 minutes!
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    1:51 is pretty darn good :) maybe in an hour, or tomorrow, you can add another :05 :flowerforyou:

I will try this, loos interesting.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    wow! that's intense...1:10. My palms were sweating, lol!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok Zara......I will play along. I have been working on my planks........front, and now I am working on side planks.

I am AMAZED at how quickly I built up from 5 seconds to 1 minute.

The side planks must be done correctly or you can hurt your neck. Now I have just started these, and need my arm to push me up! But MAN did my sides hurt the next day, so I must be working.

Thanks for the challenge Zara!!

I will post later when I have done mine for the night!:drinker:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I can do side planks for a minute on both sides... no more!

Side planks: http://www.fitnessvancouver.ca/anatomyassets/exercise side plank.htm
    YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzrb67Dwf8

We did those in class today... but we have to "pulse" instead of holding still. Ugh.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I can do side planks for a minute on both sides... no more!

Side planks: http://www.fitnessvancouver.ca/anatomyassets/exercise side plank.htm
    YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzrb67Dwf8

We did those in class today... but we have to "pulse" instead of holding still. Ugh.

Ok, so now I am going to kick your ABS:laugh: ...a MINUTE on sides..............ouch!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I love the http://www.fitnessvancouver.ca/anatomyassets/exercise side plank.htm
    has pix and explanations of all the moves. Thanks!!:flowerforyou:
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    1:10 gained 5 secs
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm officially a weakling, lol! 32 seconds :grumble: I too am going to try to beat this!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    55 seconds. I think I could have gone longer but I starting to think about farting even though I didn't have to and got the giggles. I'll do it again tomorrow!

I like this challenge! Thanks Zara!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1 minute 20 seconds. I had just put lotion on my feet and they kept slipping, But I dont think I could have done it for more than that anyway. WOW, thanks for that tonight! lol I just had an awesome ab workout in class too!:flowerforyou:
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    1:51 is pretty darn good :) maybe in an hour, or tomorrow, you can add another :05 :flowerforyou:

I will try this, looks interesting and fun too
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    1:02 this morning, YEAAAHH! :laugh: I can't wait til I can hit 7 minutes like a couple of you :bigsmile: