Vicious Vikings row the world!

Options

Replies

• Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello darlings.
    Sorry I've been proper awol. I didn't mean to be. Life just sorta snuck up on me this weekend and Husband has been a proper chav also. Yes I said it. He has been just downright Chavlicious. **** >.< Sod it. I can be rude too if he wants to be that way. :P

So Anyhoo. ;)

Have fun Craig! Enjoy the time away from home ;) Lord knows you probably deserve it, and would like to be somewhere you can put the kettle on and make a sandwich or two. :D

So Jane darling, I'm really confused about the attacks last week. I read that like 5 teams attacked us, but then I saw only Becky's team did any damage? *blinks* confused. Help! :D
    And we're in 3rd again? No wait 4th. ****. Behind LEE'S TOO??? Just how the hell does this keep happening? *sobs* *sighs* I'm heading back to the pool again..

C'mon guys lets gooooo ;)
    (Penny and Jane are excluded from my rant, and Craig) You guys have been doing well.

Bobbie and Immz!!! Don't make me spank you two!! *giggles* Dammit.. *sighs*

*drags her *kitten* into the water*...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I really am sorry - this is my second bout of being not fully up to par. I'm still coughing today, but much better, so hope to do something a bit more active today!

5 teams attacked, and they did all take their 5000 calories. They were a bit taken aback - rather more than they'd expected! But yeah, we do keep sliding back down the field. :-(

I didn't get to the spreadsheet yesterday, as I'm trying to finish a bit of writing in between coughing spasms! But I'll catch us up tonight.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    ****e woman. I did say not to feel proper guilty if you were sick didn't I?
    *smacks yer bottom with a newspaper*

Bad dog. Bad. ;)

Yer not listenin!

So all the teams that attacked got my 5k each? that's a bugger. But we didn't loose anything, just the 1k that becky's took from us? I don't get that. nope. don't. Or did we attack her? And that's what we got from them? I mean were we all that far ahead of them? Ah snarf it. Doesn't really matter. I was just hoping to be in first after swimming 2 point mother ****ing 4 miles in one god damn day. I'd rather not have to sodding do it again and again just to win.
    Apparently I do.
    fuking knackered I was. haven't been that royally tired in literally ages. just ages. Oh well.. off I go.. meh.. ;) I'll have to take a photo next time ;) I look like a mexican wrestler with my Angry Birds pool towel hat thingy & two tone body suit. Tee hee.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    we don't lose anything with the attack. The only gamble is really whether we 'hit' the right team.

Now, all my lovely Vikings. Let's not be dejected. We are an utterly fabulous bunch, and I'm amazed by the effort put in by each and every one of us. Let's all go forth and multiply our burns! :-)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    1259 boom! (gotta be one good thing about the bike man changing my bike inner tube and replacing it with ANOTHER punctured inner tube)...lovely surprise this morning to replace a slow puncture with an actual proper flat as a pancake puncture...not) *got my not impressed face on*...so 4hrs of trying to fix said puncture before deciding that (as I'd decided before) the rim brakes and bizarre gearing system is really not something to be messed with...and off I got to the bicycle shop (different one this time, favourite one, lovely guys). so that was an additional 20min cycle there and 35min walk home I'd not planned on

Now off to walk the 20min cycle into town which will take me 45+mins each way to see the bf so I can rant some more about the incompetence of men (mainly those who fix bikes) and bikes and the universe, but at least it gives me a huge burn even if it does waste a whole load of my time when I could be sleeping/working/ranting at someone!

GO VIKINGS!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Amazing stuff Penny! Well done.

But sorry about you cycle-y woes.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    The map's been updated, but doesn't include yesterday or today's burns. Could you please let me know if you're taking a rest day, so I know when to close off a particular day on the spreadsheet? Ta!

We're pretty much in the home stretch, and I reckon we'll be done by the end of the weekend at latest. If we want to move back up from third, we will all need to pull together for the last bit.

I'm still battling along on the antibiotics and feeling a bit grim, but doing the best I can, if you'll just continue to bear with me. I keep hoping 'tomorrow I'll be able to do something'. And then when tomorrow comes round, I'm still finding I need a little lie down after making a cup of tea! But hey, let's say it one more time. Tomorrow will be better!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Something weird going on with the spreadsheet. A largish number of entries have been deleted. Not sure why. Trying to fix it now.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    after seeing cynthia and immz's burns today i feel like a total slacker! (and craig's...but craig's been making me feel like a slacker all week...)

got about 10miles of walking planned for tomorrow with the bf so hopefully that'll put in an ok burn unlike other saturdays

go vikings!
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Hello Lovelies!!! :)

I fixed the sheet for you Jane :) I can't get to Immz's burns without cycling back that many days to read his actual pages since his journal isn't open. (And I"m ****e lazy to do it) :D But I fixed the rest for you. ;) *mwah* Fear not fearless leader.

So Penny(I hate calling you that I know it's not your name, but I"m also ****e memory at times and I've forgotten your real one. I think it starts with an A. probably not. Bollocks Please forgive) Anyway. Woman, you are like 1/3rd my size. LOL If I weighed what you did I'd be lucky to burn 50 calories I'm so effing lazy. YOU ARE AMAZING! Stop whinging. ;) You've been smashing the whole month. ;)

Craig (also half my weight) Shames me daily and gets my *kitten* of the loo every morning to go and do something because I wake up and see what monumental burn he's done and go awww *%^& now I have to go out and do something. ;) You inspire me man. Seriously.

Immz playz Squish. ;) I can't move that fast laterally if I had to, no. BAM knee, BAM ankle. BAM on my *kitten* in pain. So dude, kudos.

Bobbie we just have to get away from the Taqueria and back to the gym ;) But apparently Taso has the magic juice for that today for us. ;) *giggles* Now just keep going momma!!! I know you can do it. Theeenk Dressss Dressss Dresss ;)

And of course darling Jane... where would we be without you our Boatswain ;) Heave ho missy you've done another outstanding job this round. Tirelessly copying and pasting all our scores. Especially mine from my too lazy *kitten* to post to the lovely sheet you created for us. Mea culpa. I drool, you rule. ;) And being sick to boot. ;) MWAH. Love and kissies to you.

Thanks for having me for another round. Sorry my type A lets loose I just wanna win one of these damn things. Just once. It's the ocd freakapotamus in me. I know it. I am sorry. But just one last time. ROW DAMMIT ROW ROW ROW!!! LOL...

Okay you knew that last one was coming, didntja? :D

*mwah*

Have a lovely weekend!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    after seeing cynthia and immz's burns today i feel like a total slacker! (and craig's...but craig's been making me feel like a slacker all week...)

got about 10miles of walking planned for tomorrow with the bf so hopefully that'll put in an ok burn unlike other saturdays

go vikings!

Craig amazes me because, like you, he's so close to goal, and yet still manages to work up some immense numbers on his HRM.

I managed an ok run today, with only a little bit of pain in my lungs towards the end, so I think I'm more or less back with it. I've got family here for the weekend, but should manage something a bit more impressive on Monday. (I'll have a little run tomorrow again.)

Cynthia, thanks for sorting the sheet. Don't know what happened there. It did look like someone had been messing with it, but I can't imagine why anyone would.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Managed my epic walk yesterday, didn't eat back enough yesterday though and today I'm sooo hungry (doesn't help that I have an essay to write too..) but yeah think today has to be a rest day, sorry guys x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Enjoy your rest, Penny!

I had a nice run, tried my hand at speed work. It was fun - broke the run down. And the usual dog walking etc. Gorgeous day here!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Map was last updated for us on 22 Feb, so we've got a few days to add into it as it stands. I suspect this means we're pretty close to done. Just a few more days? Let's make 'em good ones.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Ugh ugh ugh. I am definitely a water mammal. So I was out today walkin walkin walkin. I should have put on my HRM but I forgot. We were ot for about 5 hours. But some was driving. I am pretty sure speed was faster than 2.5 because my ankle is hurting like the day I ran my 5k at 3.5-4mph soo oh well. I, will know it anyway. Maybe offset saturday hahaha.

Tomorrow is pool day ill try for the full 2.4 burn again so we can max out. :). Have a great day!! Cheers!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Having a full blown panic day today. Deadlines I just can't possibly meet and I'm completely freaking out. Bear with me for today, till I calm down a bit.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm sorry I didn't get to train the last 2 days, Sunday was a much needed rest day, but Monday I felt pants so skipped the gym. TBH I feel a bit burnt out, and I'll be glad when this race is over. I'm changing my routine from cardio to weights as I aim to build up a bit. Lately I've been alternating between both, which is probably too much. Due to a weights burn being much less than a cardio burn I've felt obliged to do both to make an effort in the race, so if we're done by this week I can thankfully back off the gas.

Plus this week I get up at 4:15am for work for a 6 day stint of early shifts. Look at me full of excuses! Keep rowing team, we're almost there!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Craig, I hear what you're saying about making excuses. BUT, I also don't think you should feel at all obliged to change your training plan for the sake of some online race. This is just a game, and it shouldn't interfere with your health and fitness plans.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Understood! But I'll carry on the rest of this week. I just need to cut out the sugar I've been eating which really doesnt help my energy levels.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Is anyone about and in a position to update the sheet and report burns to Lee? (You just have to give him the date, the burn, and the mileage - this is burn x 0.5)

I'm just overwhelmingly busy, and haven't had ten free minutes to do this in some time. I even had ready meals for dinner tonight!

If not, I'll try to sort it all tomorrow afternoon.