Since losing weight, are you cold?

Options

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Happened to me a couple years ago, had lost 40lbs and it was early winter....and yeah I was wondering if there was something wrong with me. As of now, considering what I've lost, I haven't noticed a difference this time around....but then again I'm easily 20lbs over where I was
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    definitely.

of course, it's par for the course. i lost 110 pounds; that's a lot of missing insulation.

have to say that i prefer just wearing a couple extra layers of clothes to being heavy, though.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    yup, another frozen body over here! I've always been cold but it seems a whole lot worse now! Last winter I would wear a t-shirt most days and be fine...this winter I have been wearing layers all day every day and it has been a very mild winter here in MO.

My hands get so cold that my husband tells me to go run them under warm water before I touch him. I've always had ice fingers though they are worse now!
  • dawnstrassburg
    Options
    I didnt think about this until now. My house is always cold, i am used to wrapping up in a down blanket and slippers and I have a space heater in my room. My work though has always been a little chilly, but not terrible, Now when at work (I have a business casual dress code) I uaully have on a long sleeve t-shirt, heavy sweater, pants, knee socks and knee high boots and then look forward to my daily coffee to keep my hands warm. But id rather be cold and skinny then hot (temp wise) and fat!!!
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    definitely.

of course, it's par for the course. i lost 110 pounds; that's a lot of missing insulation.

have to say that i prefer just wearing a couple extra layers of clothes to being heavy, though.

Love it! And congratulations!
  • poochchop
    Options
    I have the exact same problem and it's getting more noticeable. I have to wear a couple of pairs of socks in bed under my pj's and my dressing gown to sleep in and I also wear a long sleeved top under my clothes as I end up freezing.
    My extremities manage to stay cold though especially my nose - maybe I need a nose-warmer! :-)
  • jefarrell
    Options
    Definitely check your Iron and possibly your blood pressure. A slight decrease may do it to you! I take care of my father and he has lost a significant amount of weight for someone his age and lack of mobility, he shivers all the time. I have him dressed in sweats and Columbia Fleece all the time. His doctor has advised us he is slightly anemic, he does need some more Vit d..sun can give that to you or ultraviolet rays. But, for once his BP is stable at a normal rate...easy things worth looking into.
  • McPenguin
    Options
    Yes. I am always cold now that I'm losing weight. The only exception is when I'm working out. Then I just feel 'normal' temp.

I used to hate summer, because I couldn't stand the heat. Being so big and hot all the time didn't help. Now, summer is a welcome thing - the sunshine on my freezing cold body feels nice (first time in my life I can say that!).

And I'm not anaemic. Nor are my blood levels low on any vitamins. Just mentioning it because some other people have posted that they have those problems. I don't think it's caused by that. But by all means, go get your levels checked. It never hurts. An ounce of prevention... and all that.
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    And I'm not anaemic. Nor are my blood levels low on any vitamins. Just mentioning it because some other people have posted that they have those problems. I don't think it's caused by that. But by all means, go get your levels checked. It never hurts. An ounce of prevention... and all that.

This for sure, medical issues should always be addressed and by doctors! Good luck :smile:
  • Lindy558
    Options
    I did that cold thing befor when I was losing & I went to my heath doctor. He say it was cutting down or out on fats.He said to up healthy fats.So I did up heathy fats....like olive oil,olives,avocadoes,nuts, such as almonds, cashews, pecans...it does not take alot & it totaly took away that cold feeling that I could not stand. And a + I started lossing faster & feeling better. You can look online & find healthy fats....so now when I'm dietting I make sure to get the heathy fats & I dont get cold.
  • jodee_donavan
    jodee_donavan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yup! you should see me right now- I'm covered in a fleece coat and drinking a cup of hot water!LOL- I'm FREEZING! My poor family- I keep the heat on 74! I take vitamin D every day and Iron every couple days- STILLLLLL COLLLLLLDDDDD
  • msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one. I was always the one who was never cold, but now I can never get warm. I too amsuffering from Reynauld's syndrome since losing about 40 pounds. My fingers and toes turn white. I have started wearing stocks with my all of my shoes to keep my toes warm and gloves are a must if I am outside at all.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I'm always freezing! Socks, leggings, and hoodies at all times or im miserable :P
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes! Due to some other symptoms I am just now starting to think I might be anemic as well, so I am looking into getting bloodwork done!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i have lost over 100 and i am always cold..
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm down over 50, and yes, I'm often cold.
  • Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes - only lost 15lbs but I do feel colder most of the time. It feels as though part of me is missing!

14363700.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i thought it was just me...Last time I lost alot of weight I was always cold.Would sit aroung in the middle of summer freezing..This time I havent expeirenced it..
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used to be hot all the time. My old boss used to say that I, "...sweat just clocking in!" At home I would fuss if the thermostat was above 70.

Now I'm cold all the time. Our furnace is always on at home, it's horrible. I told my wife I'm going to put some weight back on, just for the winter.