Never going to give up !!!!! challenge

Options

Replies

• lgord92
    Options
    I'm new to this site and I was hoping that I could join in on this group. (:
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Welcome lgord! Weigh in tomorrow ;0)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. For the first time ever I weighed in this morning and didn't get discouraged that the scale went up a little. I expected it after the long bad week last week but am ready to move forward with this week and make the numbers go the other way.

My Goals

1) workout everyday M-F for at least 30 minutes
    2) drink more water. I get stuck at 6 cups a day
    3) stay under calories
    4) make better food choices

Good Luck everyone :laugh:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I think I did much better when I was actually checking every day with everyone! Kept me much more accountable.

1-Miles--12 miles for the day with spin class and my walk to work. Guess that covered the mini challenge too.

2-calories-well so far so good. I have logged everything I brought to work but it is the night times that get me.

Starting weight--160.4 (went up a couple of pounds from the start of last week-told ya I had a rotten week!)

Good luck everyone!!!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Good Morning All! Welcome Scythswife!

Here we go, its going to be a fantastic month I just know it!

CW : 244 (I don't like that number but 11 weeks ago it was 32 pounds heavier! But hey my baby was worth it all!)

MC - complete 2 miles for C25K ;0)
    Calories - I don't usually go over
    Checked in!

160 here I come!

Have a great day ALL!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Also I plan on making a group so they don't cancel our thread like last month!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    212.5 is my Weight i only went up a lb and a half, I lost 1.5 in how did that happen ha ha ha one from my waist and .5 from hips very strange . I like the minis penny and I agree we need to get our group together they dont cancel till we have 20 pages I was looking last night and we have some of the highest posts on MFP so awesome job girls.

I have 3.5 walk planned for this afternoon and going to do the shred in a min.
    shred done yay !!!!!! I figuered out why an inch off waist neoprene waist belt I forgot, I wear it to work and workout it helps my fat not to jump around ha ha ha didnt think it would actually work but it does. I forgot I did gain .5 on neck so actually only an inch lost . oh well I will take it :bigsmile:

Have an awesome day everyone :bigsmile:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Good Morning All! Welcome Scythswife!

Here we go, its going to be a fantastic month I just know it!

CW : 244 (I don't like that number but 11 weeks ago it was 32 pounds heavier! But hey my baby was worth it all!)

MC - complete 2 miles for C25K ;0)
    Calories - I don't usually go over
    Checked in!

160 here I come!

You are doing amazing !!!!!!!!!

Have a great day ALL!

You are doing amazing !!!!!!!!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Boy oh Boy am I off track!! I need to stay a part of this challenge and I tend to go Coo Coo when life puts me in fast forward!

Goals are this week are to
    Stay at calorie goal
    Burn 1000 calories most days
    Focus more on me/house/procrastination list

Today I am going to stay focused. I have reset my calorie goal as I don't have an immediate goal in mind. We are in this for life, right? I will burn the maximum calories and be okay with the number and I will focus on my list.

Happy Monday all, I will check back in tonight!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and welcome to the new people. Keep coming back.

Penny, glad you are giving us a kick in the pants. I am up a couple pounds, and need to make more effort. Also, I got the results from my cholesterol test last week and those darn LDLs have popped up again. I can't take statins because of the muscular side effects, but I've been controlling it mostly with diet and exercise for a couple years. I took my eye off the ball. I'm dissapointed in myself for letting that go. On my December test my LDLs (the bad fat) was 108; last week it was 142. I'm trying to get it below 100. So, I will be getting tested again at the end of March, and I will report that to you. Sorry about the rant, but this is related to my weight loss and management goals and my health.

So...
    CW 145 (I don't like my number either. I want to get to 130) I'm only 5'3

Have to admit I cringed a little at the thought of 100 miles in a month, but on thinking about it, I have been wearing my pedometer, with a daily goal of 10,000 steps, which is 5 miles. If I were to get 10,000 every day, I'd have the 100 miles in 20 days. I can do this! I have written down the exercise schedule so I won't have to get online and waste 45 minutes "quickly" checking what to do next.

Will check in later.
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    We are here for the good, the bad and the ugly days! We are all human but I find making myself accountable makes a HUGE difference! We are in this all together and that is a fact! One of my favorite quotes, " Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, BUT anyone can start today and make a new ending ". I think of it as ending the unhealthy life I was leading and making a lifestyle change to start a new chapter of success and healthy habits!

100 miles is overwhelming when you look at it, but it really isnt that bad! I know we all can do it!

Well I'm off for now, my in-laws are coming for dinner and I need to make my house spit spot!

Hugs!
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome revamp Penny! Love the idea of doing 100 miles in a month. I need to keep logging in because I am staring to get a bit lazy! You are all doing so well but I have a feeling everyone is going to do even better this month!!

CW: 161.8 My girlfriends were up this weekend so had a bi of a splurge but this can soon be fixed!
    2 miles- Completed by walking/ dancing around uni
    Calories- haven't logged in yet but will probably be over :(
    Water- A few more glasses and I will be done!

Have a great evening everyone x
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Boy oh Boy am I off track!! I need to stay a part of this challenge and I tend to go Coo Coo when life puts me in fast forward!

Goals are this week are to
    Stay at calorie goal
    Burn 1000 calories most days
    Focus more on me/house/procrastination list

Today I am going to stay focused. I have reset my calorie goal as I don't have an immediate goal in mind. We are in this for life, right? I will burn the maximum calories and be okay with the number and I will focus on my list.

Happy Monday all, I will check back in tonight!!

And here I am! I think I had a pretty good darn day! If anyone wants a link to challenges that keep up with miles let me know!
  • elimay59
    Options
    You did have a good day Istnlondry good job !!!!! I am with you I did great today :bigsmile:

1 3.5 miles today yay
    2. under calories
    3. mini walked 3.5 + did the shred Yay ha ha ha then a long nap :yawn:
    4.checked in

I feel pretty good today, happy with my day:happy: Hope everyone is doing good see you tommorow :flowerforyou:
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    GROUP HAS BEEN CREATED!!!!!!!

"Never Going To Give Up!!!!!" - seemed pretty simple :O)

Everyone move there so we can continue and they dont shut us down!!!
  • ToxicCareBearz
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm new to this website and I love this Challenge thingy!

My goals:
    1. Drink 2, 24oz water bottles during school
    2. Actually try at gym (lol) and workout after school
    3. No more fast food, or going out to eat at all! Put the money I would spend on food in my piggy bank and spend it on a new clothes for my new body in the future :)
  • ToxicCareBearz
    Options
    Quickie question: do you check in everyday?
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Definitely up for the challenge!

1.) stay under calorie goal everyday
    2.) Drink over 64 oz of water daily
    3.) keep my carbs low and my proteins high
    4.) never add salt or sugar to meals
  • elimay59
    Options
    Welcome jane and care bear :flowerforyou: Yes we check in everyday, but we now have a group page so you can join that. We are a very supportive group and many of us have been together for months now. See you there :wink:
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    I want in!

My goal is 8 glasses of water per day
    Work out 5-6 days a week (training for a 5k run)
    Stay within my daily calorie allowance and eat healthy foods (not processed)

I have 13 more pounds to go until I reach my healthy weight range!!!! But I still would like to be 10 pounds lower then that, 145, but I'll take just being in my healthy range for now, haha