Oh my! I started 30 DS today!

Options
13»

Replies

• mrscherry1
    Options
    I did LEVEL 2 DAY 1 today.......IT IS HARD!! I may have to complete this level twice before moving onto 3. OMGoodness...
    How long did you stay on level 1 before going on to level 2???
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 30DS I was at my daughter's house and I did not make it thru the entire level 1. It was painful going down the 2 steps leaving her house....The next day every time I stood or sat I hurt soooo bad....did not go back the next day but then I did again on the following day and I has not been as bad as the first day at all. In fact now I am doing level 3 and to burn more calories I follow up with level 2, granted I am taking a few more 5 second breaks and swigs of water than I did on level 3....but....I am getting thru it. And a couple of weeks ago I read Banks post on eating back your exercise calories and decided I'd give it a try since my wt. loss w/o eating them back was minimal and I have been losing better....So, eating back 300-400 HRM verified calories is YUMMY! :smile:

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • danilandry
    danilandry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I sat on the couch and watched level 1 when I first got it and thought - this is going to be so easy!! I just about died when I tried it. I'm on my second round and it does get easier - and I can't complain about the results! I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian!

I reviewed it first also and thought of all the people on MFP who said it was hard. It looks so easy, and only 20 minutes! But after doing it, oh God. I can already feel my thighs killing me and I was covered in sweat.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I started with 1 lb weights (my wussy arms are pathetically weak). I got about halfway through level 2, but as I tried to keep up with the higher impact girl, it got to be too much for my knees to handle. I was afraid to move onto level 3, so I went back down to level 1 and upped the weights to 3 pounds. I've been taking it fairly slow as far as progression and have finally worked my way back up to about halfway through level 2 with 3 lb weights and doing about 85% high impact moves. So far my knees are handling it just fine. My plan is to hang out at level 2 for another few weeks, then move up to level 3.

Once I graduate from there, I want to try upping the weights to 5 pounds and go through the whole thing again starting at level 1.
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am on workout 3 day 6. My legs were so sore for 3 days. It's like 3 is the magic number for that workout. Almost done then I move onto Ripped in 30. anyone done that yet.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Can you just do arms and not legs?
  • danilandry
    danilandry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can you just do arms and not legs?

I suppose so. To make it less impact, when she does jumping jacks/ jump rope/butt kicks etc. just do arm punches and uppercuts. I've only done D1L1 so I'm not sure if you can through the whole program
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    LOL no it was a joke from the Video.. =)~
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Day 4 really is the magical day. It gets so much easier and you actually start to enjoy it. Weird, I know.

Also, the strength sticks with you. I started 30DS almost 2 months ago and got halfway through it, then simply got too busy to continue. I took a whole month off. Today I started back again. I did level one thinking it would kick my butt all over again - nope. It was almost - dare I say it - easy! This is after not working out for a month. I'm shocked by how much stronger I actually got in the 15 days I did the shred before.

Good luck!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hope you have someone to help you down onto the toilet and back up off it! I have a wall by mine to hold on to ease myself down, but I know that first couple days I could barely stand and sit without help!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yup, the first week is the hardest. Just keep working and you'll get better.
  • jugs2369
    Options
    My husband is 3 days into Level 3. Since January, he has lost almost 30 lbs and his abs are getting so defined. He is a former Marine and thought it was tough at first!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    OMG You all r scaring me lol. I did 30 DS this morning, did my c25k this evening. I might need to find my advil lol.
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oh, and be sure to treat yourself to some protein when you are finished. :)

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • petersoncl
    Options
    I tried it during the week but decided a weekend is abetter time for me to start. So Saturday here I come.:happy: javascript:add_smiley('happy','post_body')
  • mammablues
    mammablues Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 ds today , I did it after I did 3 miles on my gazelle exerciser so I have a feeling I am really going to be sore
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be day 7 of phase 1 for me. I am doing pretty good. I still haven't been able to do a normal push up yet. I have been using 2 lbs weights and they are seeming rather light, so I might order 5 lb weights soon. I love the work out. I can put up with her talking so far. When I am on the floor on the mat doing push ups or chest flys, my cat comes over and tries to lick my face (hehe).
  • sundance1983
    sundance1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im desperate to get this but i need it in the us format as english format wont play on the Us consoles we have. Keep asking Dude to look on base but he is male and keeps forgetting. Ive looked on Ebay and it says format Region 1 so does that mean it will play on the ps3?! Other than that i guess i need to buy a dvd player for the english format? Maybe ive answered my own question, cant currently play any of my dvds since moving in with Dude so maybe getting a english dvd player is the way to go. LOL hehe i make myself giggle some days :D
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    For those of you who want to do it now, and not wait until the dvd arrives, you can watch the entire 27 min video of Level 1 in YouTube. That is how basically I discovered this workout.

Have a good week everyone!

17114027.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools