Replies

• Branok
    Branok Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 5'3" 1/2 (yes...the 1/2 counts) :D
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Jeannie, we have an upright freezer.....when DH bought it many years ago, I couldn't see the point in having it......now I have all the homemade applesauce I made in the fall, squash I cooked and froze in October, chicken breasts that i buy in big packages from Costco and then freeze individually and lots of frozen vegetables so I don't have to be running to the store every few days.........I rarely buy anything processed except some sauces and condiments that DH likes on his food.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Today is our Isagenix cleanse day which makes it a sort of rest day as well. I walked the dogs as usual this morning varying the route because of the deer. They seem to watch us without worry but I don’t like to get too close. I slept later than usual so the whole walk was in the daylight. I’m doing the week’s laundry including the sheets and all five blankets off our bed. The dogs make such a mess of the blankets that we need to have a lot of them to make sure we both get covered and warm on cold nights. Bernie, the cat likes to sleep under the covers all day and on top of them at night. We record favorite TV shows on our DVR so we have good stuff to watch together when we have time like on cleanse day. I can finally feel some effects of the weight training. It took a few weeks to learn the routine and gradually add weight until it became sufficiently challenging. Yesterday along with my regular weight training routine I ran the three blocks to the neighborhood clubhouse, did calf raises on the carpeted steps inside, walked for 10 minutes on the highest incline on the treadmill, did two sets of barbell bench press with 30 pounds and ran home. I found out that running in my Shape-Ups is easier than running in high top hiking boots and running alone is easier than running with two dogs on leashes.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". 40 yo, SW: 175, CW:155, GW: 140.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the freezer Jeannie! And thx for the swimsuit ideas - they didn't have much for my size, but really cute styles! My internet buys should be arriving in the next few days, we'll see how they turn out :smile:

I'm keeping up with my physical therapy for my hip/back issues, I hate to announce negative thoughts but it doesn't seem to be reducing my pain yet? Still hoping that a few more weeks will make a difference so that I can reduce the constant (but low-level) pain.
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    On January 23/24 I started a health class through my hospital. They gave me a pedometer. The first week it was wear it but don’t change your routine. Then take the average of those numbers and add 500 steps to it every week. The average for my first week was about 2700 steps. I do not walk much. The next week I made about 4000 on average. I started walking for my lunch break last week (tempered by eating out since that was why I was walking), I averaged about 7500 steps on my work week, which plummeted to about 2600 on the weekends because I do a lot of driving on weekends to run errands. I live in Portland Or., on the door step of the boondocks; you don’t get anywhere in anything related to good timing unless you drive on the weekends. Bus service is great on the weekdays but not so good on the weekends. I’m thinking if I can keeps the numbers up around 8000 on the weekdays it doesn’t really matter if they plummet on the weekends. So I am going to post the numbers for yesterday on this forum if nobody minds, maybe you all can see a pattern that I can’t.
    - Saturday 2642 steps
    - Sunday 2327 steps
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I AM SHORT TOO 5 FOOT 3!!!!! :D

my goal is to weigh like 105/100? Idk, ask long as I have a six pack ;)
  • bethanymchaney
    bethanymchaney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2 inches! I love this group! I am hoping to make some new friends:)
  • LadyWingsFan
    Options
    Forum or group....doesn't really matter to me?
    5'1 and 149 lbs....looking to get to 125!
    Please add me as a friend. I love to hear from similar cases during this weight loss journey of mine :)

Melissa
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    5 foot twooo! :bigsmile:
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    9382 steps
  • britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am liking this thread for us.....'vertically challenged' individuals!

I am 5"3.

SW 149
    CW 130 (130 was my first goal - reached it this week YAY!)
    GW 120 (?)

I am not sure what my goal weight is at the moment. I think I will continue eating as I am and see what happens. I am not depriving myself too much so don't see why I can't just carry on for a while? 120 would put me in the middle of the healthy range BMI for my height, so it seems like a good goal...
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just saw this topic. I have shrunk to 5 1 1/2 :( I don't have that much experience here yet so I'm undecided on forum or group.
    I'm going to back and read some of your posts now.
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    No walking around today, the god(dess) of the weather have decided to drop a small lake on portland and I didn't want to be a drowned rat.Going to go home and play with my stability ball.
    Logged 5408 steps yesterday. Rain and missing the starting gun for lunch meant I didn't get to walk as much as I could yesterday afternoon.
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! 4'11'' here!!! Would to be a part of a group of ''FUN SIZED'' gals!! :happy:
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 5'2"...not sure which would be better.
  • BoxOfficeTroll
    BoxOfficeTroll Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on the cusp of 5'3" and 5'4". I'm not sure which would be better....in fact, I'm not quite sure what the difference is....Let me know what you choose. I would love to join!
  • ast219
    ast219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9'', and I would love to be part of the fun size community :) I feel like being fun size represents a whole different set of challenges when you're trying to lose weight!

Christie
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I too would like to join, and I dont care either way, forum or group,

I'm 5 ft 1 1/2", I get called " little t " alot.

Since I cant grow taller, i want to loose weight : )
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have found MY people! :bigsmile:

I'm 4' 10...AND 1/2, thankyouverymuch! I currently weigh in at 133 heading south to 110, I hope. I do strength training 3x a week and spin 2x a week. I also recently started C25k.

Now that I've found the fun-sized group, can someone direct me to the mature folks group. I'll be 53 on Monday!:noway:
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    There is snow, it is leaving quickly but we rarely get snow this late in the winter. Only logged about 2000 steps yesterday, lazy day.