Since losing weight, are you cold?

Options

Replies

• minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 18 pounds total but I am cold all the time. Cold at work, have to wrap up in a blanket to watch TV, wear booties and loungepants to bed, and have to throw on an extra blanket. :cry: And it has been relatively warm here in Iowa (compared to most years). Has anybody else experienced this?
    yes my feet are always freezing and wet.
  • deliak2010
    Options
    Haha omg I'm SO happy to have come across this thread! I seriously thought that it was all in my head or that it was just the weather because I've literally been FREEZING ever since I started to lose weight and cannot bear the cold AT ALL! My husband gets so annoyed because I always have the thermostat on 75-80 in the house and he's always sweating and I'm still cold, even with a blanket around me and socks on lol. Happy to know there are other cold people out there too though! :)
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed recently but at last weigh in I had lost 15 lbs and I am FREEZING!!! It's my fiancee that made the connection to my weight loss and my freezing! It never occured to me that it maybe the culprit!

But Yes FRIO! :huh:
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm not freezing, but I am less hot all the time. I've gone from burning up all the time to being just right.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Yea ive noticed this since losing weight Im always cold. Which for me is bizzare I was never cold before so its quite a shock to me to be honest lol wearing a hoddy to go to bed over my PJs is not anything I ever did before lol xx
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    For the first week or two I was freezing consistently. I had to wear jackets everywhere and keep tinted balm on my lips because they were blue. I had a similar problem back when I had a haircut that consisted of the back of my head being shaved so I didn't think much of it. Now I don't really get that cold unless I'm drinking a lot of water outside of meals.
  • koolmamasan
    Options
    I thought it was mostly because it is winter here in Seattle, but I am wearing warm fuzzies every night with warm socks and i do not wake up sweating or anything like I use to. I guess it is one of the bad things about losing weight, but not bad enough to stop -:) I will have to see what it is like in the summer and see if i am still cold when it's 70-80 outside. Good luck to everyone out there and keep it up!!!!
  • LMcNeal86
    LMcNeal86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found this web site and thought it was pretty good about the same topic.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/306701-weight-loss-body-temperature/

The good news is...I was always told shivering will burn calories. :) I don't know if that is true; but, that's what I hang onto when I'm shivering!

:laugh:
  • TibbyL
    Options
    OMG, all the time! My fingers are always blue and I'm shivering all the time, when the temperature never used to bother me!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel colder now and it's common.
  • RainAndPain
    Options
    I'm cold all the time. Whether losing weight or not. But yeah, I've noticed I get a bit colder when I'm losing the weight.
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am freezing all the time at work; it is horrible! Especially when I was constantly warm! At least you burn calories when you shiver lol!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 18 pounds total but I am cold all the time. Cold at work, have to wrap up in a blanket to watch TV, wear booties and loungepants to bed, and have to throw on an extra blanket. :cry: And it has been relatively warm here in Iowa (compared to most years). Has anybody else experienced this?

I am the same way!
    I lost 30 pounds since 2009....and I noticed right away how my body temperature changed!
    Both husband & daughter are thin...and they are always freezing!
    I hope as I lose more weight, that I can maintain a normal body temp!
    I don't like being cold!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Oh geez yes!!! The heater has become my best friend!!
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I AM! Cold all the time and I have to be under a blanket at home or wear a sweater while at work.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    During the first 20 lbs I was freezing, my hands were so cold I would go to the bathroom and run hot water on my hands 4 times a day. Since the first 20 I have had no problems with the cold.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel a little HOTTER if you know what I mean....;) No but for reals, I feel a bit warmer.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I was ALWAYS a cold person but OMG this year has been terrible.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used to be able to run around in shorts and t-shirts during the winter. I'm down 62lbs and I'm in a shirt, sweatshirt, some type of pants, socks and/or slippers. I'm ALWAYS cold now. Someone suggested it was also because I'm in my mid-thirties and perhaps my blood has already started to thin.. but I refuse to believe I'm "that old" yet :P
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had this issue when at my early 20's I lost about 40 lbs. It was really difficult for me to get into the sea, as I was doing the summers before. I couldn't stand the water. I was all the summer freezing, my hands became blue and couldn't swim. The next summer I was much better. I think it has to do with fat that protects your body to get cold easily.