I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft. And I don't mean like, I casually play it... I numbercrunch and research to maximize potential in endgame :l

Also, The Old Republic.

Also also, I'm obsessed with genetics. I think learning foreign languages is exhilarating and when not in a casual forum setting, I'm a grammar fiend.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm the queen of the nerds!!!!!!
    I'm Sheldon Cooper colleague!
    Really!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    And also all of my friends (including me) call my partner Sheldon!!!!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Not for me but my husband has a zombie apocalypse kit!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    because I have the glasses to prove it!

newglasses.jpg

apologies for the size!
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    my friends had an intervention for me to stop playing WOW. i have withdrawals.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft. And I don't mean like, I casually play it... I numbercrunch and research to maximize potential in endgame :l

Also, The Old Republic.

I LOVE Old Republic I used to spend allll day on my computer playing it....and then it stopped working on my XP :(:(
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Thursday night is guild night for heroic dungeons. AND, I have to limit my MMO time to ten hours a week or I will never get to the housework.

FOR THE HORDE!!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because:

I have a dog named Ringo. I also have a son named Jude. My husband's name is John. I have been to the The Fest for Beatles Fans in Chicago, L.A. and Las Vegas. I went to Vegas first to see Beatles LOVE and then decided to get married there...and also stayed in the Mirage because of all of the Beatles slot machines/and the Beatles LOVE store.

I have seen Paul McCartney in concert 3 times. I've also seen Ringo Starr in concert 3 times. If I need something to watch, I watch The Beatles Anthology and Concert for George.

I have a George Harrison related tattoo.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I play 5 different instruments, including the Mellophone.
    I did drama in high school.
    I was in book club in high school.
    I was in the Chemistry Club in high school.
    I spend a lot of Time on Word of Warcraft, especially during the Darkmoon Fair; it's a great time to go fishing for wreckage.
    I watch Big Bang Theory, Mythbusters, Dr. Who
    I love Chemistry Cat http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/07/26/funny-pictures-chemistry-cat-science-puns/
    The behind the scenes on the Lord of the Rings DVDs are just as interesting as the movies.
  • dirty_diana
    dirty_diana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get excited over complicated Excel formulas....

Me too! I got to use Solver last week and nearly had a stroke I was so geeked up.
  • i play magic the gathering and love it! :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    World of warcraft, gladiator and duelist title on different characters. Being in US top 10 guild and at one point in Death and Taxes! Also spending loooooooong amounts of hours trying to figure out how to increase my dps by 1. Literally, by 1...

Tell me my old school gladiator title, original ZA bear and Hand of A'dal dont turn you on! :)
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I played the flute in the High School marching band.
    I love to read and one of my favorites is sci-fi.

On the flip side, I was also a partier in HS, a girl who hung out with the surfers and sometimes the jocks,

I'm a nerd on the inside, but I'm something completely different on the outside. :-)
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Because when I run I think of it as training to become the next companion to a certain Doctor with a certain blue box.... :happy:

ZOMG! I do this, too!! You know, just in case...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE ASOIAF fan......and not just because there is a TV show!! Because I can debate about any theory with you..........and often spend my Friday nights discussing/arguing them with my husband and brother-in-law.

ASOIAF = A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin (Game of Thrones is the first book).
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a grammer nerd...
    I hate text talk and feel the need to correct it whenever I get an email where it's used.
    I have a dyslexic hubby but still read out his notes phonetically.
    I have an overwhelming urge to correct poor grammer and spelling.
    I made sure that my children knew the difference between their and there, your and you're, whether and weather & to, too and two!

I am also Mrs Nerd...
    Hubby took me to see Star Trek films on our dates.
    I probably know more about Star Trek than my hubby does, and I don't even watch it!
    I have a LOTR sword replica in my home...ON DISPLAY!
    Hubby and son went to ComiCon Cardiff last weekend and I got the see the photos! That must make me Mammy Nerd too then!
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a Lego Republic Attack Cruiser on my desk at work...
  • rosefan121
    Options
    I enjoy the history channel... Fav show... The Universe.
  • thenewmb
    thenewmb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd because:
    - I can solve the 3x3 4x4 and 5x5 rubik's cubes.
    -I'm convinced one of my friends is a Cylon
    -I took a 1 month vacation from my job as a computer programmer to write programs at home
    -I have 1 of each WoW class at level 85
    -i worked on two programming assignments at the same time on two different computers (one with each hand) while watching the Battlestar Galactica series
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I tried to teach my friends Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.