Since losing weight, are you cold?

Options

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i started to notice it at about 20-30 lb lost, when i got to 50 plus i didn't notice it as much (but it was summer time then).... then i moved and gained back half of what i'd lost in the crazy stress and going from a very active job to being unemployed. now i'm losing again and it's cold again, and i'm freezing again... except for my hands, for some reason, they are always warm.
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    All the time!! Though I will ask my doctor about my iron levels. I never thought of that reason before I saw someone else post it too!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    YES! ALWAYS cold.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am cold all the time now and I still have a little ways to go. I am looking forward to moving to SoCal later this year. Maybe then I can stay warm :)
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    YES!!! And I'm so happy about it. I live in a hot place and summer used to kill me, I'd only have to walk down the street and I'd be sweating. I have a tendency to overheat still, especially when I exercise, but nowhere near as bad as it was 60lbs ago.
    Plus I used to hide in long pants and T-shirts with sleeves that covered my upper arms, now I look OK in shorts and vests so summer isn't quite so unbearable.
  • jenlyn37
    Options
    yes i am cold all the time now and i was wondering the same thing! i used to always be hot especially while bowling on league night but now i dont even break a sweat n always wear a hoody.i am also in Iowa.ive only lost 12 lbs.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Yes and constant water drinking only contributes to my coldness...
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • srhula
    srhula Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All the time! And I live in Texas. I have a little heater running in my office all day. I used to always be hot and always sweating. I'd much rather be like this!! I can wear solid color shirts in all kinds of fabrics now and don't have to worry about underarm sweating!! LOVE IT!!!!!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight 2 years ago. For the first year, I was constantly cold - even in the midst of 30C temps in summer!

Per my doc my vitals were fine (I lost on 1600-1800 cals a day). I just wasn't used to not having all that lovely insulating blubber.
    After losing 65 lbs, I went into a maintenance phase and after a few months I stopped being cold all the time.

Since I'm back to the weight loss phase, I expect I'll start experiencing the "cold all the time" phase again any day now. At least I know from experience that it will eventually go away as my body regulates itself once again.
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    Definitely, I have to sleep in two pairs of socks and a big cardigan now. D:
  • BornToRun14
    Options
    Yes definitley! I feel like I always want to take a hot shower because I'm always so cold!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yep, I freeze constantly. At home I wear sweatshirts and sit in the chair with my snuggie. At work I always use a heater. In the summer I am cold once evening hits and the sun goes down. People look at me like I am crazy sitting at my sons baseball games in June with a sweatshirt on. I can't take the cold. If is is below 80 that is too cold for me.
  • mikeandfox
    Options
    YES! Not all the time anymore, but I get cold way more often than I used to. My room is the warmest in the house.
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was the same in the first month, and posted it on the forum, but I just got comments suggesting I had iron deficiency or something and that it wasn't normal. Good to see you got a better response to it! :)
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 3 pounds but i'm constantly cold and I'm guessing that's due to my new eating habits! I tend to pick all cold or room temperature foods as my "health foods" (what I would do for a giant warm bowl of mac & cheese!!!) On top of drinking over 100 oz of cold water throughout the day I seem to always need a jacket now :-/. Hopefully this will change come warmer weather and it isn't permanent!
  • Ilangilang
    Ilangilang Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, I thought I'm the only one. Nice to know.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    YES, I have lost 95lbs and get cold so easy. Before being cold was not part of my life. I was always warm and got sweaty over the least little thing i hated it. i do not miss being sweaty all the time. But I am always grabbing a sweatshirt, sweater or blanket.
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is one of the first things that happened when I started to lose weight. Now even my significant other is cold more than ever. But at night he is always warm so he radiates heat otherwise I would sleep in a parka. LOL
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    cold all the time now!!! So your not alone!