yummy bump
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I love brownies so I can't wait to try :)
  • vaulttea
    vaulttea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r560/delilah47/Pics For MFP/40calbrownies.jpg[/img]

HUGE 40 Calorie Brownies

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup liquid egg whites
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup granulated sucralose** (for baking)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Pan spray

** You could try another sugar substitute, but I have not tried any and not sure what results would be.

Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with pan spray, dust with flour and tap out extra.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, and egg whites until combined.

Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and sucralose to a small bowl and stir to mix. Pour dry mixture into bowl with liquid mixture. Stir until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.

Remove from oven and put on a cooling rack for 5 minutes (after the 5 minutes, I turn them out onto the rack for quick cooling). As soon as they are completely cool, cut tic-tac-toe style and store in sandwich bags or in an airtight container. Makes 9 brownies.

This is a work in progress. These brownies taste good and have a wonderful texture. I will be trying different variations like adding some nuts or some rolled oats in the future. Use your imagination to adapt them to your liking.

Nutritional Info Per Serving
    Servings: 9

Calories: 40
    Total Fat: < 1 g
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Sodium: 114 mg
    Total Carbs: 13 g
    Dietary Fiber: >1 g
    Protein: 3 g

Do the actually taste like brownies tho? To me, they just look like fluffy chocolate cake, not dense like a brownie at all.

So when someone makes these can you please tell me if the texture is more cake like (ew) or dense and yummy and rich?

I am wondering the same thing. My family is very particular about brownie texture.

I just made them. They taste more like brownies than cake...but kind of more like a brownie you're going to buy packaged in a store than a brownie you're going to make from brownie mix or something (and I get applesauce overtones, but that might just be me.) .Still tasty, though. I think next time I'm going to play around with the recipe to see if I can get them to taste more like gooey chocolate without adding much calorie damage. As is, the texture is kind of in-between. Not fluffy like cake, but not brownie-rich.
  • Stinalynn121
    Stinalynn121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I tried these tonight. I didn't love them....too much cocoa powder - not enough sweetness to balance it out.
    I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth though.....

Thanks for sharing though...seems like a lot of people are liking them and I love trying new recipes.
  • angiechristi
    angiechristi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • bettermomma28
    bettermomma28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • naznnp421
    naznnp421 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gonna try tonight! Can't wait!
  • LosingLadi
    LosingLadi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    .. bump ..
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Going to try these with my stepson this weekend!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump bump
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Bump
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sc0311
    sc0311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - I made these yesterday with a few modifications - I used 2 whole eggs (no such thing as boxed egg whites here) half a cup of CSR sugar blend (sugar plus stevia) for the sweetener and whole meal flour.
    I also had a small bar of dark chocolate that I intended to sprinkle on top before I baked them, but I forgot it!
    My version made 8 serves at 79 cals each.
    I served it with a dollop of natural yoghurt on top and it was pretty tasty. It was very sweet though, next time I think I would use less sweetener, and add the dark chocolate. The texture was kind of like a sticky cake, not quite fudgy and lighter than I would expect from a brownie.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Bump!