Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome thread...you rock girl. So happy there are more eaters out there. It saddens me to know it took too long for me to see the light and trying to convince others has been a struggle but I will continue to spread the word. Girl you know my story but I have been eating anywhere from 1800-2600 depending on workout but no less than 1800 a day. I never carb binge and some days I am just downright sick of eating but I so much rather be on the side of always been full than always being hungry. I have lost on avg of about .5lbs a week over the 11wks I have upped...but I have lost the binge monkey, I have lost inches, I am almost back in size 4 slacks, gained great muscle tone, lost visible fat that my hubby has commented on...and I feel so much better and am lifting some serious weight now that I have the fuel to do it. Ladies can push weight and I encourage all to give it a go...right now my bench is 115lbs, leg press 190lbs, curls 25lbs...and I am working to keep adding 5lbs each workout. So I am way heavier but way smaller at the same time....love it!

and YOU young lady are the reason why I upped my calories !! Best thing I ever did was add you as a friend !! thanks !!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600+ whatever I burn (between 1100 and 2000kcal) so on average 1900 kcal
    I'm losing 2-4 lbs/month stadily
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    When maintaining, I eat about 2600. I'm 5'4, 123lb. When gaining, like now, I eat about 2850.
  • JeceCanDoIt
    JeceCanDoIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm reading about women who eat more and weigh less than me =) This is truly inspiring!!! Next week I will up my calorie intake. As long as I'm eating healthy and working out consistently, I know I will continue to lose weight and build the lean muscle that I want! I feel like I've been counting calories a little too much lately with MFP, and I don't want it to get to a point where it consumes me.
    I'll be adjusting my diet soon =)

But STILL NO processed or refined foods lol
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm not really bothered about losing weight- I want to get strong and finally kiss my cane and scooter goodbye. Have made it past my wheelchair and am looking to do the same with my other walking aides.

I eat between 1600 and 2500 a day depending on the workout/TOM and how I feel. If I want an over day- then I take it. This is long-haul stuff, not 'lose fifty pounds in two months' stuff. I can lose weight fast - and it will come from my fat, muscle and bones and probably an organ or two. No thanks.

I had to ask myself WHY was I more comfortable with starving myself than with feeding myself? Who told me that I was worthless and should STARVE and why the heck did I believe them?

So I lift, I work out, I eat, I eat some more and then I eat. Love it- the biggest struggle I have is telling the diet industry to back the heck offa my life and stop selling sugar as weight loss food.

Women- if you eat more or even just want to eat more- check out the 2000+ cals group for women. A seriously inspiring bunch of folks there! Can't recommend the group highly enough :)

How can I find the 2000+ group?
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!
  • cassblue21
    Options
    I was stuck in a rut myself and started eating more calories and low and behold started losing again! :) I am loving it. I love eating and only eating 1200-1400 was not enough for the workouts I do. Now if I can just get my sister to realize she needs to eat more to start losing again that would be great!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yes!

When maintaining I eat about 2000 a day (1700 NET).

At the moment I am trying to get rid of a bit of extra fat so I am eating about a -250 deficit, but that still amounts to about 1800 a day including exercise cals.

I am 5ft 3.5 and 119 lb:smile:
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am 27, weigh 139 and height 5"11.
    I am doing TurboFire which is cardio for 6 days a week with a little resistance training. I burn around 500 cals each day from this exercise. I want to lose another 5 pounds. I’ve been eating 1,400 cals and losing about 1 pound a week but some weeks I’ve put it back on – not sure if this was because I ate a little more for a couple of days or if it’s muscle.
    I have been reading a sports book which gave a calculation, and with that I have upped my calorie goal to 1700 a day, hoping I will still lose weight.
    If anyone has any advice for me, please add me, because to be honest I’m scared to up my calories so much as I doubt I will actually lose weight.

Thanks guys!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2,500 calories per day. I work out every day and burn about 500 calories per workout. I lost 20 pounds eating 1,800 - 2,000 calories per day but now am maintaining my weight at 2,500.

I am 5'3", 117 lbs.

Can I just say you look amazing- we are the same age and height & I would give my right arm for your figure!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I've averaged >2300 calories daily for the past 77 lbs. Not doing progress pics until this weekend but here are some from last summer:

11276895_3194.jpg

FYI, there's a group for us, you know.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm reading about women who eat more and weigh less than me =) This is truly inspiring!!! Next week I will up my calorie intake. As long as I'm eating healthy and working out consistently, I know I will continue to lose weight and build the lean muscle that I want! I feel like I've been counting calories a little too much lately with MFP, and I don't want it to get to a point where it consumes me.
    I'll be adjusting my diet soon =)

But STILL NO processed or refined foods lol

Yup, that sounds spot on to me! I hope it works for you (bet it will!) :)
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've averaged >2300 calories daily for the past 77 lbs. Not doing progress pics until this weekend but here are some from last summer:

11276895_3194.jpg

FYI, there's a group for us, you know.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

WOW stand up job !!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900 cals 5 days a week and 2500 cals 2 days a week. I work out at least an hour a day, sometimes 90 minuts - trying for at least 30 minutes of high intensity, and the rest moderate. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week since I started eating this way. Oh, and I weigh 239 currently.
  • lellagella
    lellagella Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic thread :)

I have just upped my calorie intake because 1200 was not enough for me, and this thread makes me wonder if I should up it a tad bit more.
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Seriously love this thread! It's awesome to hear other women eating and loosing, rather than wasting away on prepackaged diet foods.

I started MFP back in early January and immediately I saw all these 1200 calorie diet posts plus read what my MFP recommendation was (1200 to lose 1lb a week yuck!) and said "no f**cking way"

I've been eating at a minimum 1400 net calories for the past 2 months, but it varies. Sometimes its 1600, 1800, even 2300 when I'm spiking. I always eat back my exercise calories. I'm starting to focus on running, really pushing myself to get better. It feels awesome.

And guess what? I've lost steadily for the past 2 months without going hungry. At a little more than a 1lb a week when averaged all together to boot!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    MFP set me at 2050. So I eat more than others but I also started off at 381
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just started eating 1800 cals a day since last Wed and I have lost 2 lbs now. Prior to that I was eating around 1400-1500 on exercise days and losing nothing. Now I have backed off on cardio, focused more on lifting and upped my cals to 1800 and I have seen great results.............
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ok so I am bumping this so I can read it when I get home from work. Thanks for posting this fourm!!