Angelina Jolie...just wondering

Options

Replies

• KJVBear33
    Options
    This exact thread was going on yesterday and ended up getting locked. There is a lot of skinny bashing that went on, and will no doubt begin here. So please watch what / how you say things or it'll be the same.

Thanks for this...........I do really appreciate the fair warning as does everyone else :flowerforyou: ..........however, I believe that it was only one person that threw the first punch. People just got offended that they were being told by this one individual how to be when all it was was people expressing their opinion.

Its my opinion that there was no actual "skinny bashing".......just people saying the same thing over and over again trying to be funny. What we have to remember is that some people draw the line closer than others and so the lines of what is acceptable and what isn't is somewhat blurred.

While no one SHOULD "bash" anyone else on this site........I think that it mainly comes from our own inward frustrations that the pounds just don't come off like we want them to. What we have to remember is that in any case where anyone is bashing someone else because they are too skinny or what have you, is to find out the reason behind it for better understanding. In understanding, there is a way to steer people clear of "bashing" others.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i never got the angelina jolie thing. i was rooting for aniston. lol

this <3
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Google it...apparently she is trying to prove a point about the many that are starving in 3rd world nations.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    She does nothing for me. I think she is gross
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i never got the angelina jolie thing. i was rooting for aniston. lol

If I could have any women's body on the planet, it would be Aniston's!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Google it...apparently she is trying to prove a point about the many that are starving in 3rd world nations.

so say the gossip sites, frankly I think it is just that.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It's also on major news sites....
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    Bring back Lara Croft!!!!!:heart:

^THIS... whatever she did for Tomb Raider... she had it goin' on :D
  • KJVBear33
    Options

Okay, so I totally get it now..........proving a point to society as a whole as opposed to feeling sorry for third world countries in order raise awareness. Society doesn't get it at all and doesn't see the big problem.........but when its right in your face, then that's when things start happening to correct the problem.

Thing is, did she ever say that that's why she looked scary thin?
  • Smuterella
    Options
    It's also on major news sites....

in the gossip section.

she really isn't that stupid.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bring back Lara Croft!!!!!:heart:

When she had worked out and gotten more muscular for Tomb Raider, that's when I think she looked her best--sleek and toned yet powerful--THAT's something to aspire to! now, if I could just trip and fall on my face just right, maybe I'd get those lips too! *sigh*
  • libragj
    Options
    Casper? I like fair skin as I have it myself. BUT I think her skin here has a yellow undertone which looks unhealthy.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/09/angelina-jolie-starving-herself-for-cause-report-says/

This link popped up in yesterdays thread as well. I hope she gets help for her eating disorder.

I would think her money would go a long way towards feeding the hungry.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    She has bony arms because she is always lifting kids. :)
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If she joined MFP at about 210, 215... counted cals, logged daily, joined the "Flat Tummy by the Oscars Team" group thread on the message boards, did Insanity and Px90 like a boss, rewarded herself with the adoption another orphan at 186, rewarded herself with divorcing Bill Bob Thorton at164, rewarded herself with another tattoo when she got down to152, and that dress that she had on was her reward for making it down to 138, would all you haters still be blowing her a bunch of *kitten*?

Nope. You'd be pouring love all over her profile. "Ooh, girl, you rocked that dress last night!" "You big red carpet diva... Don't let anyone tell you you weren't sexy!" "Awesome determination!" "How to you stay so lean!??!?" 'XoxoXoxO smooches! Love your look!"

Can it. It's just jealousy and hate and pre-judgement based on what you see - the same thing you rail against in every other thread on this board. All of y'all.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/09/angelina-jolie-starving-herself-for-cause-report-says/

This link popped up in yesterdays thread as well. I hope she gets help for her eating disorder.

Fox News is not a reliable site.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have never found her appealing or attractive...but each to their own.

I think she has always been tall and slender...she is a bit bony, but hopefully she is healthy. I have a friend with a similar body type and she eats a lot of foods and is very healthy....she just can't gain any weight...so maybe that is Angelina's issue? Who knows...
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options

Fox News is not a reliable site.

Whereas the others are? LOL
  • Smuterella
    Options

Fox News is not a reliable site. It is known, even to me, here in the UK, as right wing and biased.
  • joyous504
    Options
    I love Angelina and I agree she is WAY too skinny right now. However her humanitarian work, and love for her children and Brad overshadow that for me and I find her beautiful. Her best look in movies was Mr. & Mrs. Smith and she was breathtaking in The Tourist.