beer

Options

Replies

• jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I do, I have actually read that the darker beers are full of antioxidants. I love beer and will usually have a couple on the weekend. I've been trying to drink it more than cocktails since cocktails are usually made with soda and high calorie/sugar juices.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Beer should count as water!!! Just kidding. :drinker:
  • runwithmike
    Options
    Beer, wine rum.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sure do!

Not as much as I used to because I'm almost a "lightweight" now...but I couldn't give up my ice cold bud light!
  • mtppatrick
    Options
    I use to drink at least a 12-pack of Budweiser, Blue Moon, or Sam Adams a week, and then I quit the brew all together. Now ill drink vodka and orange juice occasionally...

16181292.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • missyont
    Options
    a few here and there but I try to stay away from it
  • charlieduc
    Options
    I drink beer...just a lot less than I used to. On the weekends I will have a few with friends and I don't see anything wrong with that :bigsmile:
  • Low calorie beer (mgd 64) has less alcohol then higher calorie beer which sucks. End up drinking twice as many low cal beers to get a buzz. Might as well just stick to the coors light...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Low calorie beer (mgd 64) has less alcohol then higher calorie beer which sucks. End up drinking twice as many low cal beers to get a buzz. Might as well just stick to the coors light...

considering your name, "beer belly double chin"....not sure I want to follow your advice...lol
  • 32nissy
    Options
    thankyou everyone for the input.
  • jerzygrl5k
    jerzygrl5k Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do. I go with Mic Ultra. I count it though. I don't pretend those calories are not happening, I record ever one of them. I drink beer Friday night and then try to get an extra workout in on Saturday.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Been havin a few Guiness here n there
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    usually Guinness if i have beer... prefer red wine.
    Guinness! It's the best thing ever. And about half the calories of beer, which is hard to fathom since it's so delicious. It's the ice cream of beers. :)

guiness draft about 170 calories a glass....higher than the average american beer

No. You need to compare 12 0z. to 12 0z. / regular beer to regular beer

A 12 oz. glass of Guiness = 125 calories (170 calories in a pint).
    A 12 0z. glass of Budweiser = 143 calories
  • penney88
    Options
    I do but only on the days I have some extra calories, and I work out :drinker: (wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!)
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Red wine for me but beer for watching the F1 or Rugby, in moderation of course.
  • nursestephenie
    nursestephenie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and Capt.! :wink:
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    if you are willing to achieve your weight loss goal slower than when not drinking beer...you will find plenty of follks here to encourage you to drink...if you want or need to get your weight loss as soon as possible....beer is not an optimal choice
    Really to funny another food snob I see. calories in vs calories out if you want to drink beer thats fine IT WILL not make you lose slower just remember don't go over your calories. But remember each beer takes away something you could eat thats better
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have the occasional beer on a weekend...I don't over-indulge.
    I hear it is good to drink after a marathon though....get some carbs back into your system.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I do, but only on the weekends (which are Fri, Sat, Sun for me), and I try to make sure I exercise a TON those days. It'd probably go faster if I didn't drink, but what fun would that be??
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I do. Unfortunately the kinds I like are >200 cals a bottle. I try to limit to 1 every few weeks since I also like red wine.