THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 22

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Lisa you will get through this....

.. I see nothing but the scale moving but in the wrong direction... I am in a funk.. I am going to get out of this.. I am being lazy.. And the pounds are coming back...

We were up early.. I got up at 4 to let the dog out to pee along with the kittens and went I went pee the toilet made a strange noise when I flushed.. I didn't think much of it.. Husband was right behind me and when he flushed NO WATER!!! We are on a well.. He got it working again easy thing says we need a pressure switch.. SO I just got out of the shower cuz he is taking the switch with him to work then to Home Depot to get the new one.. I will walk tonight when I get home and the house is cooled off.. Its hot...

So exciting morning already..

I'll log later...

Oh I did make my meal plan for the day.. Its all logged.....
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good morning team :flowerforyou:

adopt - that was how I use to be ... ate once a day ... now its funny because people ask me what I'm doing to lose the weight and I tell them "I eat" :laugh: they're like "huh" and I said that I'm actually eating now ... I eat at least 5 times a day. They are quite surprised, I think most people think that the only way to be overweight is to overeat but that is not true. It's been nine week since I've started and I'm finally use to eating breakfast now :laugh:

I haven't tried the 2 Mile Walk at home yet ... still just doing the one mile at work with the clients. Last night a friend of mine called... I haven't heard from her in a while and she said she called to get me to kick her in the butt... that she wants motivation to get moving and to lose weight, so i told her I would love to help her and kick her butt :laugh: I'm going to start going to her place to make sure she does the Walk at home video at least a few times a week... she was really excited, she's also going to start on this site as well.

Well time to get ready for work, have a great day all!! Oh yeah tomorrows the day... weight in and measurements for the Biggest Loser Contest at work ... wish me luck :smile:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone...

Hope your day gets much better, Anita.

Lisa...I, too, want to add my thoughts and prayers. You mean so much to all of us. We're all with you, in spirit.

Yesterday was a total wash for me. I got sick on Sunday night, went to bed at midnight, woke at 3:30 a.m., back to bed at 5:30, and spent most of yesterday sleeping...
    But today's a different story.
    I'm not going to push it, but I think I'll spend the day cleaning house...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Anita, slipper time (calls Lulu over).... What exactly are you being lazy about? Exercise? Or not eating right? If it's exercise, then change it up. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight, it's about what goes in. So if you're burnt out on what you're doing exercise wise, then do something different. Or not at all. Do a video on the internet. Do weight training. Learn some yoga moves and just stretch daily. You can take a "break" from exercising, but it has to be the kind where you decide something, not that you just blow it off. Change your goals, take a one mile walk once a week. And that's your goal, so that's all you have to do. But you gotta get your brain in the game.

And if it's food that you're being lazy about, is it logging and keeping within cals? Are you bored with what you've been eating? Change up what you're eating, find some new recipes to try out. Or buy something like Weight Watchers Smart Ones for lunch so you don't have to prepare anything.

If you're eating too much, or the wrong thing, log first, the day before even. Snack on carrot sticks or celery sticks all day if you feel like eating, don't log them. If there's junk food that's become your problem, get rid of the temptation.

Your body may be fighting you at this point, tired of the weight it's lost, and it says "I'm done." So let it think it is done, eat just below maintenance calories, cut down on exercise. Give yourself at least 2 weeks if not 6. Then - JUMP IN - both feet - and start again. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU CAN!

If your mind is all worried about if hubby is going to TX or not - find an online class and take it. Learn a foreign language. Get your brain busy with something besides fret. Again I say, YOU CAN DO THIS.

ETA I just looked at your food diary. If you're logging everything you're eating, you're not eating enough, no wonder you dont' feel like doing anything. If you're gaining weight on THAT amount of food, then it's because you're in starvation mode. You're not eating your exercise cals, you're not eating above 1200 even on a lot of days. Check your sodium, maybe you're just over on sodium and it's water weight. Drink your water!!
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Hope you're all doing well!
    I went to the doctor again yesterday, and I'm now officially CANE FREE!!!! :drinker: I've got a ginormous knee brace to wear until my muscles strengthen, but I can deal with that! Just have to start different therapy next week, so I'm really looking forward to it.
  • adopt4
    Options
    Hurray DWray! Welcome back to the world of the walking!!

Just got back from the gym. Took a 2 week hiatus, you know, and told my trainer about it. He said it seems like I need a week off every 3 mos for my body to recover, otherwise it seems it stops losing weight. Ok. So now I'm back to the gym! 3 days a week until vacation time. I'm actually excited to be going back to the gym. Going to leave my cals where they are for the moment - .5 per week loss - because I don't want to make too many drastic changes at once and spaz my body out once again. He worked my legs today, I'm all shaky. :tongue:

Even by their scale I've lost 7 pounds in the past few weeks since I last weighed there. So it's not my scale is broken, my plateau has broken!! I'm so happy. I really thought I was doomed to be fat forever.

So for those of you at a plateau, you know the things I've been trying and for how long. It's a matter of figuring out what your body needs to get losing weight again, and doing it. Banging your head against a wall does not count as exercise.... and for those of you that don't know, the things I tried I talked to different trainers, nutritionists, people who've BTDT, research on the internet... I didn't just pull that stuff out of my *kitten*.:laugh: SO DO NOT GIVE UP. It's simply a learning process and you need to learn what your body needs. (getting off soapbox)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Anita, slipper time (calls Lulu over).... What exactly are you being lazy about? Exercise? Or not eating right? If it's exercise, then change it up. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight, it's about what goes in. So if you're burnt out on what you're doing exercise wise, then do something different. Or not at all. Do a video on the internet. Do weight training. Learn some yoga moves and just stretch daily. You can take a "break" from exercising, but it has to be the kind where you decide something, not that you just blow it off. Change your goals, take a one mile walk once a week. And that's your goal, so that's all you have to do. But you gotta get your brain in the game.

And if it's food that you're being lazy about, is it logging and keeping within cals? Are you bored with what you've been eating? Change up what you're eating, find some new recipes to try out. Or buy something like Weight Watchers Smart Ones for lunch so you don't have to prepare anything.

If you're eating too much, or the wrong thing, log first, the day before even. Snack on carrot sticks or celery sticks all day if you feel like eating, don't log them. If there's junk food that's become your problem, get rid of the temptation.

Your body may be fighting you at this point, tired of the weight it's lost, and it says "I'm done." So let it think it is done, eat just below maintenance calories, cut down on exercise. Give yourself at least 2 weeks if not 6. Then - JUMP IN - both feet - and start again. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU CAN!

If your mind is all worried about if hubby is going to TX or not - find an online class and take it. Learn a foreign language. Get your brain busy with something besides fret. Again I say, YOU CAN DO THIS.

ETA I just looked at your food diary. If you're logging everything you're eating, you're not eating enough, no wonder you dont' feel like doing anything. If you're gaining weight on THAT amount of food, then it's because you're in starvation mode. You're not eating your exercise cals, you're not eating above 1200 even on a lot of days. Check your sodium, maybe you're just over on sodium and it's water weight. Drink your water!!

I am hoping I feel that slipper soon.... I've been lacking exercise as well as eating bad.. With all the temptations on the weekends its been hard... Thanks for all the ideas and thoughts... it really helps...

I am not done logging for the day... I'll eat more.. i promise.. I try to eat around 1350 without exercise...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! Ive been missing in action lately, but things are finally getting back to normal here... well as normal as they can be right now...

Ive been finding it real hard lately to get motivated to workout and most of its due to my allergies and the heat. Luckily yesterday it started to cool off. The throat bug is gone and now my nose is running. UGH! Allergy pills help a little, but its still been hard to motivate my butt to get moving. I was happy that the scale said I dropped to 216.8 this morning. Did I mention that I absolutely HATE that time of the month and all the water I pack on? :laugh: 4 fricken pounds this time and its taking forever to get rid of. That hasnt helped in the motivation area either. So... now that aunt flo if finally on her way out...I am getting back on track in the exercise department. Went to the gym for the first time in a while yesterday and will be going again tonight to do water aerobics and get a good swim in.

I havent been logging, but obviously havent been overeating or undereating for that matter. Ive settled into a routine of knowing what I can and cant have and in what quantity and its obviously not had any adverse effects since I am not gaining anything. I havent been eating a bunch of crap either. Strangely enough Ive been diving into the giant bowl of leftover raw veggies in the fridge when I get the munchies and yesterday I picked 2 handfuls of sweetpeas and a ton of broccoli out of the garden.

I am starting to get that "flabby" feeling again tho... which is how I feel if I dont work out for a while. Not due to weight gain, but because I havent been running or working out and those muscles just arent all pumped up. Anyway.. Im definitely working on that this week. Should see some good results come this Friday, so Im psyched. I had to give myself a little rest to get things moving again, but its time to stop making excuses and get back in the game!

Tomorrow Im going wogging if it kills me!! LOL
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey all. Just checking in. I got to mow the grass today and I was able to get out and do some yard work. That was my exercise for the day. I go to work tomorrow so I know I'll get plenty of walking in tomorrow. I need to do some strength training tonight though. I'm doing good with my calorie intake today and my water. Have a great day everyone..
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    oh... BTW... yesterday I hit my 6 month MFP anniversary mark.
    Now to see what the next 6 months will bring. :wink:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Team,

Prayerfulmom - whatever it may be, I am sending prayers and hugs your way. Maybe you will be back soon with us posting. I will miss you.

Lulu - thank you. it has been stressful redirecting but for some reason it finally has reached that feeling where I know everything is going to be okay. If you know what I mean!!!!!!!

CrazybeeRX - I did receive those flowers. I have a hibiscus tree which has been flowering like crazy and I truly enjoy it every time a flower buds.I have had like 8 flowers on this small tree in the last week. I do feel God's presence in what is being done and that is why the calmness in my life is returning. I may not agree with the way things are going but it is going to be this way so I must accept it.

Pawprint - first of all glad you got the weight thing figured out but the clothes will tell the story. Now thank you for the hugs and thoughts. I am doing ok in the eating department - just not the exercising department but that will come back too when it is time. I love to get up and move - just getting into wogging.

Adopt4 - thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Also thank you for all you share with us. I appreciate it - it gives me some ideas of what to try. Now if you want to share your pina colada recipe, I would go for that too HAHA. Glad your plateau has broken. that has to be a wonderful feeling

Anita - thank you. Anita you can do this. A long with Adopt4 suggestions, take a look at the ending picture - when you reach your goal - much better health, chances lessens for lilihood of some diseases, new wardrobe, moving better, ability to do more things. Sometimes it is difficult to stay focus but we have to remember WHY we are doing this and DO IT to improve ourselves. YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL We are here for you.

Lorann - GOOD LUCK on the contest - let us know ASAP. It is wonderful that you are helping your friend. I am also glad she asked for that encouragement. Now maybe it will will rub off on my friend. I am beginning to worry about her health.

LI4G - I know the flabby feeling - I have it too so I need to get back into the exercising too.
    Happy 6 months and congrats on what you have accomplished in 6 months

Cyndeebee - thank you. I love and appreciate you all too. Hope you are feeling better. Don't overdue it too fast.

DWray44 - glad you are back in the walking world

Well gang thanks again. I am doing better really - just getting things and thoughts readjusted. I really don't have too much more time. gotta go to work and it JUST NOW STARTED storming bad. will talk more tomorrow.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    adopt4- That's so cool that you were able to sit some one down and explain things to them. I think a lot of people just don't know what to do.. They are lost when it comes to eating right and losing the weight. I was once this way. But it's cool your spreading the word.

nitag- You know that if the pounds come back you have to work twice as hard to get them off. Don't let that happen... Get out of this funk girl, you can do it.

Lorann-That's awesome that your going to help your friend. I'm sure it will help her out having a friend.

cyndeebee- That a shame to hear you were sick. I hope you get back to normal soon. Take it easy until you feel normal again.

DWray44- that's awesome that your off the cane. Way to go... keep up the hard work with the therapy.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dwray - Yayyyyyy to standing on your own two feet (unassisted)! Good luck on your new therapy ~ let us know how it goes!:happy:

Adopt4 ~ thanks for all the good advice! I really needed to hear that too! You da best!!:love:

LI4G - It's REALLY good to see you! Happy MFP anniversary! Today is my 6 month mark ~ we're just a day apart.:drinker:

Anita ~ Listen to Adopt4, her soap box is sooooo much better than my slipper!:bigsmile:

Indianagranny~ I know exactly what you mean. When one door closes another one opens, but it's hell in the hallway! Keep moving, everything really will be okay.:heart:

Pawprint~ Way to move girl! Keep it up!:glasses:

Cyndeebee- Glad you are feeling better today ~ don't overdo it:flowerforyou:

Crazybee~ Have I told you lately what a great addition you are to THE Team! I LOVE your posts!:smooched:

Lorann ~ GOOOOOOD LUCK with your Biggest Loser contest! We're all cheering you on!:drinker:

I ate yuck foods today, not over on cals, but nothing healthy so I don't feel satisfied and I have indigestion:sick: Dangit. I hate it when I do this. I hadn't planned out my menu ~ so right NOW I am planning out tomorrow's food so it will be a better day!

later gaters,
    lulu:)
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you LULU.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Reporting for exercise duty.
    Didnt go to the gym.
    Wogged 2.5 miles instead!! WOOHOO!!

It was nice outside tonight! I strapped on my HRM, plugged in my music, hooked up my mapmyride gps on the iphone and out the door I went.

Adopt4- I went up through the neighborhood and came out by the Utility place on 117th then ran ALL THE WAY down padden to the bridge to go back to my neighborhood. The reader on my gps said I went a total of 2.5 miles from the time I left my driveway until I got back home.
    I joined the "rubber legs" club today....:happy:

Currently eating dinner. Leftover chopped chicken sauteed with zucchini, carrots, tomatoes & red pepper with bowtie pasta and a garlic white sauce. It turned out pretty good for again eating out of the garden :wink:
  • adopt4
    Options
    I'm so excited! I went shopping at several different places to try on clothes... and I can fit into some of the "regular" pants, not plus size!!! For me, that's huge! My tops, on the other hand, nothing is drastically dropping there... but I'm ok with that. Found a pair of jeans for $5 at Kohls that are a size too small... so I got them. Tried on a bunch of different pants in different styles and brands, just to see what I can and can't wear yet. Got a pair of jammie bottoms from the "regular" section for the first time I think in my life. That's probably been the most motivating thing to date for me, is to get out of the plus size pants! Makes me very motivated to get back to work again and get rid of the other half of this!

When I look at pictures, I still dont' see it. I see small changes, yes, my chin for example (I now have one) but overall, I still don't see it in pictures or the mirror. Because since I started out at 26/28 (at Lane Bryant) and I'm now in a 16W or 18 regular not at Lane Bryant... that's a pretty big difference. Why can't I see it? Stupid mind anyway... it's always tricked me on my size, used to tell me I was smaller than I actually was (I called it "anorexxxia" because when I looked in the mirror I saw a skinny person) and now I'm not able to see the loss, I can only see the tons of fat I have to go, and I can definitely see where that 66 pounds is sitting on me.... grrrrr... It also frightens me because I can totally see myself going the other direction once I lose the weight I want to lose, and keep trying to get smaller and smaller... I don't want to be skinny. I really don't. I want to be healthy and to be able to buy cute clothes anywhere and to look good in my clothes. Technically even at my goal weight I"m still in the "overweight" category. So right now I'm relying on my clothing size to tell me where I'm at instead of my mind, because my mind is lying to me still, although the opposite direction from what it used to.

I have a confession to make, I know it's going to shock you... but I didn't eat my exercise calories today. I always have before, but since (1) I'm at maintenance rather than at a 750 deficit and (2) I am not exercising as regularly as I was, I figured I can get away with it this time. I'm hungry now - at 11:40 pm - and I'm not going to eat, because I think it's not really hunger but more feeling like munching. Well I might have a few grapes or something, but that's about it. Shh don't tell anyone....
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    adopt4...Trust me on this...I can see a huge difference in your size. Pants don't lie, girl.
    We don't see the change in ourselves so easily, because we "see" ourselves everyday. It's gradual.

And I think that fears of going to extremes, after we reach our goals, is normal. Let's face it. We've all had to struggle with our eating habits, our lifestyle...so we know we can't take it for granted. But I do think that we will learn enough, on this journey, to pay more attention than we used to. Once we reach our goal, I think we'll realize that a 5 pound gain isn't simply "a few pounds, but rather, it's a "mental slipper" telling us to smarten up.

Back to the wogging, eh Cyn? Good for you! I also have rubber legs, though not too bad. I try to get in a few minutes a day on the exercise bicycle. Kind of funny the way I use that sucker. If I don't have enough calories for a small snack in the evening, I'll get back on the bike and burn a few extra calories...

Anyway...
    Good morning, everyone. Wishing you strength and endurance to work towards your goals...
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Good work Adpot4.....I can't wait to start seeing results for myself. But I did just start this week..so patiently waiting.

Now I have a question..I am doing my food diary every morning so that I stick to what I have on my list...but my question is this...is there anything that really doesn't matter we go over in...like for example my protien is beyond what it should be for today...-33. I always thought Protien was a good thing...so how can we get too much of it...and how does it affect us if we do eat too much of it.

Next question is I am not getting this ticker thing...just can't seem to figure out how to get it to flip over to this page...what am I missing. Anyone willing to help me.

One other thing...is there anywhere on this website that you can go and get recipes from...been searching and having no luck finding them.

Well think that covers it...have a great day ladies...got to go get ready for work.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team

Sry I didnt check in yesterday, I went for an 8 mile bike ride in the park with my two cousins and two of their kids... the first 4 miles was great I was crusing right along!!! well when we turned around to come back we had to ride the next 4 miles against the freakin wind!!! it was horible...and when i went to log in riding my bike it only said 100 calories burned yeah right!!!! has to be a mistake...

Indian - I am reaching out and giving you a great big huggie..You are always in my thoughts and prayers...You are one hell of a women and I wish you all the best.. stay strong and push through what ever you have to push through.. try and keep your head up even though things are hard right now..remember you have a Team that cares for you deeply...

Well I will finish posting later after I get back from my walk!!! take care everyone..

Sheila
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    good morning:tongue:

I have been doing good with the exercizing but I'm having a major bought of writer's block. THis is my dream and I'm close to havign my first book ready for submistion (a professional editor has is now) but I'm writing on the second in a trillagy and I'm stuck. I had to take my self out of the house because I was so frustrated. I feel better today so I'm going to have a go at it as soon as I'm done here. Dicided to go see my sister in Fl before school starts back up. I"m looking forward to that. I haven't seen my neice and nephew in over a year.

Any how keep up the good work.