Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options

Replies

• BriskaPacojame
    Options
    Ears, spider bites, nipple.. and hood :) Had my tongue done twice, both my nipples um, three times, my nose, monroe and the center of my bottom lip. Tons of tattooes as well. Thankfully my boss is very open minded :) Oh, and a dermal in my chest but I'm letting it push itself out, irritating as f**k!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I've everything pierced at least once and most of them were done myself.
    I pierced my ear cartilage in 6th grade lolol

By the time I was 16, I had size 7/8 gauges, tounge piercing, double nose piercings, and snake bites and went and pierced a lot more but I would take them out for change

I'm now 19 and for professional reasons I had to take most of my piercings out and am left with a monroe and a nose piercing.
    I want more though D:

I like the feeling. hehee :3

Btw, my ears went back to earring size but I can fit size 2 gauges in there if I wanted to >.<
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, it drives me crazy seeing them called "gauges" lol
    That's like saying, "I have centimeters."
    Gauge is the actual size they are.
    -sorry just a pet peeve lol

This.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    3 in each ear, both nipples and hood. not a fan of gauges
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Right now I just have regular ear piercings that my aunts had done to me when I was 2. I had eyebrow and tongue back in the day but took them out for different reasons.

I am thinking about getting a helix done sometime soon. I had planned on this week but my car crapped out so that isn't going to work.

I had my ears stretched out too but not too far, I think I made it to 10/12 gauge but I did it too fast and got some scar tissue so I took em out. They shrunk right back up to where they were.
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like piercings, in moderation though. I have my ears pierced (2 normal holes on both sides) but I also want snake bites, diath, helix, and two dermal's below my shoulder blades. I'm not a huge fan of gauges though. I like them if they are small- the bigger they are though the more i hate them. I also have a hatred towards belly button piercings too, ha. I don't know why.

On the other hand I am obsessed with tattoos.
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    Those with gauges... do you not agree.... grossest thing about them
    EAR GUNK

I have stretched ear lobes (along with quite a few other stretched piercings and other modifications), and they do not get ear gunk and they do not smell, because I bathe regularly and take care of them well. o.O

Also, the number of times I've been seeing them referred to as "gauges" in this thread is making me cringe.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have technically 9 piercings so far all in my ears, including a my tragus in my left ear and an industrial bar in my right ear.

Hoping to get either another piercing somewhere else besides my ears once some of this weight comes off!
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have my left Monroe, right cartilage, & both ears twice ( I can never seem to wear earrings in my lobes though, they swell up).

Not wanting more piercings as much as I am tattoos.
  • iPlugs
    iPlugs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    EAR GUNK

I have stretched ear lobes (along with quite a few other stretched piercings and other modifications), and they do not get ear gunk and they do not smell, because I bathe regularly and take care of them well. o.O

Also, the number of times I've been seeing them referred to as "gauges" in this thread is making me cringe.

I clean and change mine regularly. And bathe regularly... but wearing metal tunnels always results in ear gunk in no time. I don't have much of a problem with glass tapers and plugs.

And excuse the shorthand... I have "stretched ear lobes"
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Thank you :flowerforyou: I just said something about that lol
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Piercings are okay depending on where they're at.

Gauges... HATE them in any way shape or form.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    used to have several like my lip, eyebrow and tongue pierced along with multiple ear piercings, cartliage and such.. it was addicting.. I think at one point *counting on fingers* I had 11 piercings....
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Three lip piercings (snakebites and centre) and I like them a lot. I don't look like 'me' without them.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    EAR GUNK

I clean and change mine regularly. And bathe regularly... but wearing metal tunnels always results in ear gunk in no time. I don't have much of a problem with glass tapers and plugs.

And excuse the shorthand... I have "stretched ear lobes"

That's why you should wear Wood plugs/tunnels. No pain, no gunk, no smells.
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I am down to a size 0 right now. I just love the jewelry I have in that size, though they like to pop out sometimes. I used to have my nose pierced, but had to take it out once I started my culinary ventures. I still have my belly button though. That might have to go away when I get my baby belly a-growin.
    EAR GUNK

omericaorganic.com has spectacular wood plugs. They actually leave you with little ear gunk unlike the acrylic, glass, and steel ones. And if you can find jojoba oil at your local health food store, just swab your holes before you put them in and they don't itch like crazy either.
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    40mm tunnels
  • iPlugs
    iPlugs Posts: 16 Member
    Options

omericaorganic.com has spectacular wood plugs. They actually leave you with little ear gunk unlike the acrylic, glass, and steel ones. And if you can find jojoba oil at your local health food store, just swab your holes before you put them in and they don't itch like crazy either.

I got a pair of pie wooden plugs from there for Christmas from my boyfriend. (I work at a bakery, so it was really cute.) But, when i tried to put them in, they were way too tight. I'm not sure if I just need to season them a bit with oil, or what, but I couldn't get them in without pain so I stopped. They were single flare, so I shouldn't have had a problem.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I only have 4 piercings... Lol 2 in each ear. I'm not a fan of piercings or tattoos (I have zero tattoos).. I don't have nothing against those who have a million piercings and tattoos but it's personally just not for me...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Like piercings, hate gauges (or whatever they are called...) though. Not a fan of tatoos either, never did anything for me.

Just have my helix pierced. Miss my tragus piercing, but it wouldn't retake after being torn out. Did want more, but that and my line of work would not get along.