Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Nipples or genitalia. Just makes me wonder at how people are so different because I have a low pain threshold as a ginger and can't even imagine going through with any of that ever.
    i'm sorry but i just dont understand what would make a person want to put a hole in thier genitalia........ maybe because im a guy? i dont know........ but that just sends shivers down the spine.

i did have my ear pierced back in middle school. i think i wore a 10 guage hoop.

I contemplated it for a while... mostly for just he shock factor but I would never have the guts to go thru with it... LOL
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    i'm sorry but i just dont understand what would make a person want to put a hole in thier genitalia........ maybe because im a guy? i dont know........ but that just sends shivers down the spine.

Because jingling when you walk pants-less is fun! I close to modify mine because I like they way they look and feel. It have genital piercings for the same reasons I have all of my other modifications. And let me tell you, some of my genital piercings have been significantly less painful and easier to heal than other piercings.

Also about the "ears looking like anuses without jewelry" thats only if you are an idiot/impatient/too immature to do some proper research before permanently modifying your body and did not wait long enough between sizes to stretch. If you stretch your ears properly, keep them moisturized and clean, and wear proper jewelry, they won't look like anuses and they won't smell like they're rotting. I've had stretched earlobes for 7 years now, and they are smooth inside when I take my plugs out, and they don't smell at all.
  • sandiehawkins
    Options
    Had ears pierced as a teen, always had and still have problems even with gold/silver/stainless steel/plastic It seems that whatever earrings I use my lobes just get angry! lol Had tongue done just over 10 yrs ago and never had a problem! love it to this day :O)
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love tats at the moment only have one but when I get to goal plan on getting another :bigsmile: Also love piercings and have nose, belly and ears done :smile:
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Looked up on wiki for what are Conch and Industrial piercings and those are both ones that I tend to find as "cool" and not so threatening.. interesting embellishment. The Labret stuff.. and those skin studs.. dermal anchoring or whatever.. those are ones that have always looked more "painful" to me.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Because jingling when you walk pants-less is fun! I close to modify mine because I like they way they look and feel. It have genital piercings for the same reasons I have all of my other modifications. And let me tell you, some of my genital piercings have been significantly less painful and easier to heal than other piercings.

lol at jingling when you walk. Im by no means judging the look. just the thought of a needle down there scares the *kitten* out of me.

all i have to say is your a brave soul
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My ears were zero years ago. I sometimes rock 8ga cbrs still, but it's rare for me to put the effort into getting them in. But I make sure I keep the holes open.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have my ears stretched to 22mm.... I have had quite a few piercings, 2 x industrials, neck, septum stretched to 3mm, vertical labret etc etc.. I work in a professional environment now, I took out most probably two years ago... Now all you can see is both sides of my nose and stretched ears. Miss my vertical labret :(
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have my eyebrow, nose and labret pierced...as well as my tongue.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Are gauges those big giant "native" loops you stick in your earlobes?
    Not a fan, not a fan, not a fan.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    00 gauges right here! (:
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of tattoo threads... but what about piercings and gauges?

Personally, I've got size 0 gauges in my second ear piercing

LOVE peircings and tattoos but I really don't like gauges. I don't think it's attractive when I can put one of more of my fingers through a persons ear...yuck
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options

lol at jingling when you walk. Im by no means judging the look. just the thought of a needle down there scares the *kitten* out of me.

all i have to say is your a brave soul

I used to have a PA. Ask a girl who's been with a guy with one. She's either loved it or hated it. And if she's loved it, the fun never stops dude.

And the worst part of getting it done for me was the receiving tube. I barely felt the needle.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I used to have both ears stretched to 1/2", but I let them heal up. Im currently re-stretching them; Im at 2g right now.
    I also used to have: the bridge of my nose, eyebrow, nose, cartilage (15+ times), medusa (middle upper lip), and dahlias.
    Currently, I have my labret and tongue pierced. (Im slowly taking them out for work; im technically not supposed to have them, but my boss is really nice)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    1/2" gauges. Septum. Had some surface to surface but that was oh so long ago! ;)
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Don't mind piercings in normal locations, but I think they can be overdone (especially like 4 in each earlobe and noses and lips) and the overdone ones along with gauges scream "Hey, look, I'm going to be self-employed someday!" since they turn many employers off from the first impression.
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i've got two piercings in each ear, and a lip piercing.:)
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    Don't mind piercings in normal locations, but I think they can be overdone (especially like 4 in each earlobe and noses and lips) and the overdone ones along with gauges scream "Hey, look, I'm going to be self-employed someday!" since they turn many employers off from the first impression.

I talked about my suspension during my interview with the fire department I'm on. It helped me land a 60k a year job. People who choose to judge others by how they have chosen to shape their bodies are no different than racsists IMO.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Guages are dumb...can't stand them, don't get it. Everything else, go nuts.

The question was asked....no need to assassinate me. Thank you! :heart:
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had my ears stretched to size 2, but the left one started giving me problems so I took them out. I also had my lip pierced but mom flipped her *kitten* & I had to take that out too. So now I just have two in each ear & my nose. Along with 5 tattoos & more to come :) I like plugs as long as they're clean (smelly=ew) & I can't fit my fist through them :P