have YOU LOST WEIGHT with eating carbs still?

Options

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sure did, as long as I kept carbs down to 40% of my daily calories (30% protein, 30% fat). I do better without them though.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yes, keep the carbs! you need them and they're yum!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    yes, I MUST eat carbs to fuel my workouts! since switching to whole grain and other whole-food carbs (and almost eliminating all the white sugar, flour, potatos and rice) I don't have the hard sugar cravings like I did before. For me, more than just a little sugar throws me into a cycle of wanting more, eating more, which makes me want more...which is how I got to MFP! I aim for a split of 45% protein, 30% whole carbs including fruit, and 25% fats--I dont always make it but I work toward it every day.
  • ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If I didn't eat carbs, life wouldn't be worth living even if I had the perfect body :)
    I do calories in, calories out. Period. I try to make them a nice variety of things, but ultimately I just burn more calories than I take in.

And I've lost 46lbs.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I eat 'em every day, I've lost 50 pounds and am at my goal weight. The whole "No carb/Low carb" thing doesn't work for me (personally).
  • kaweenf
    kaweenf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lol, oh you guys
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to keep it up if I eliminated carbs totally and I have lost a fair amount.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with whole grain most of the time.

Bagel for breakfast. Brown rice with lunch. Cinnamon roll for a snack. Pasta with dinner.

I :heart: carbs.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs of all kinds, and I managed to lose over 130 pounds. I eat whole grains and healthier carbs. I also eat not-so-healthy carbs. Humans NEED carbs to function properly, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight eating all kinds of carbs. The white ones, the brown ones, even the sugary ones that come in chocolate and soda.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I've lost weight both ways, but am currently on a low carb diet. Not super low I think I have my carbs set at 30% or maybe 35%, but a very huge chunk of my daily calories come from proteins and fats. This is working for me now and when I stall out I'll switch it up.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes. Even white carbs. Even SUGAR.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    .....yes :)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    All I did was switch my carbs from white to brown. Oh and I eat sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. I actually prefer them anyway so its a win win!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 130 lbs not eating carbs that was over 6 to 7 months, when I started, I still managed to lose the last 60 lbs over the last 6 months eating carbs everyday. I would say it can be done eating carbs. Maybe cut the carbs you would usually eat in half and try to get them in before a workout. Experiment with them.
  • ti2v78
    ti2v78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes ... The real question on losing that last bit of weight is now more about your desired body shape than weight though. To this end, adjust your protein amounts and exercise routine more than worry about your carbs.
  • rubycube86
    rubycube86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lived on carbs my whole life. A lot of the time I eat carbs in excess. I love bread, pasta, rice, potatotes, anything with carbs! There was a period of about two years where I was around 160lbs but that's the heaviest I've ever been. I think there's a lot of ill-feelings about carbs. They are essential for our body and if my body is anything to go by, they don't make people pile on the pounds. The thing you have to watch out for is saturated fat. That's bad. If a food product full of carb makes someone fat, then there's probably a lot of fat/sat fat hidden in that product as well.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    The foundational truth for weight loss is calorie deficit. I lost weight eating whatever I wanted with no problem because I maintained a caloric deficit. Having said that, certain metabolic conditions may make it necessary to cut back on carbs. I personally make sure I get the amount of protein I want for the day, then I can eat whatever I want to make up the rest of my calories. Sometimes that is made up of more carbs, sometimes fat, sometimes protein, but it is always a mix.
  • anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! In fact, the first 30ish lbs I lost were from simply cutting out sodas, watching portions a bit, and opting for whole wheat carbs. Wasn't working out or counting calories then. It definitely can be done. I have PCOS and carbs are supposed to be evil, but I still love whole wheat carbs and so far my body has been cooperating with that fact. :)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes, 28 lbs lost eating tonnes of carbs.