have YOU LOST WEIGHT with eating carbs still?

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I lose weight eating any carbs; not just whole grain. Although, given a choice, I often tend to lean more toward the complex carbs. I feel they keep me full longer; but this might be in my imagination.
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    yes, I MUST eat carbs to fuel my workouts! since switching to whole grain and other whole-food carbs (and almost eliminating all the white sugar, flour, potatos and rice) I don't have the hard sugar cravings like I did before. For me, more than just a little sugar throws me into a cycle of wanting more, eating more, which makes me want more...which is how I got to MFP! I aim for a split of 45% protein, 30% whole carbs including fruit, and 25% fats--I dont always make it but I work toward it every day.

^^^^^Exactly this!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    <--- I shed 133 pounds and now have a 26.25" waist, down from 45.5" (and 22% body fat down from 56%)
    I :heart: carbs
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    You will be able to strip that weight eating carbs... Are you stuggling to lose the last few?
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs every day, with every meal. Breakfast: oatmeal. Lunch: toast. Dinner: banana. Carbs are your friends. Eat carbs.

I should probably clarify that I ate more today than oatmeal, toast, and a banana. I'm just listing the carb components of my meals.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I love carbs and do not limit them at all. I wouldn't see any point in eating if it weren't for carbs :P
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Absoutely ... I tried cutting carbs back a few years ago ... I lost about 40 pounds but then fell off the "no carb" wagon and slowly regained 20 pounds. Now I eat what I want and track it ... in 6 months I have lost the 20 plus another 14 without feeling like I am deprived or "on a diet" ... 20-25 lbs more to go! I feel the best I have in years and will be celebrating my 70th birthday in April ... joint pain decreased, energy level increased - it is ALL GOOD!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yup still eat carbs, even some white ones, and still losing weight. It's more about portion than anything.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Yes ... The real question on losing that last bit of weight is now more about your desired body shape than weight though. To this end, adjust your protein amounts and exercise routine more than worry about your carbs.

^ this. According to your profile you're at 5'6" and at 18% bf. You're also worried about being skinny fat. You need muscle if you want to avoid that look. Dropping those 8 lbs is going to give you the same body, only slightly smaller.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs, I couldn't go without them
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    carbs all day errrday
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    YUP!!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    have you lost weight with still eating WHOLE GRAIN carbs? as in not giving up the whole wheat/grains bread? brown rice?? would love to hear some feed back because apparently it seems as if people on here are telling me to give it up if i want to lose the last 8 ponunds of body fat

If you're within your calorie limit, yeah....But I say DITCH THE RICE AND PASTA...I had to to lose weight!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Yep...Carbs aren't the enemy ;)
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    yep its all about the balance (: i try to have my carbs in the am but ill have them for dinner if im going for a run in the am. im only picky about the amount of processing the less white the better(:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Life would surely suck if I couldn't eat carbs...
  • RamboKelsey8
    Options
    If you want to lose that last 8 pounds, you might have to give them up. Carbs and sugar are the 2 things my nutritionist told me to cut out (or just eat only on occasion) because they take the longest to burn and usually end up as fat. I'm still trying to lose the last 5 pounds but i have a weakness for ice cream and occasionally some bread.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes. I switched to all whole grain carbs (except for those from veggies & fruit) & lost weight. However, when I hit a plateau after losing about 45-50#, I cut out most carbs & have continued to lose. I've added a few back, but typically only once a day & not after 5pm.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I can never give up my carbs. I have lost 41lbs while eating bread and pasta daily. Its possible! Just exercise it off!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    carbs are my friend....if i didn't have them around i don't know how i'd be able to stay on here this long. all in moderation.