All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im 5'7 198 i've got the hour glass body type and wear a 13/14 in most jeans though in some brands it takes a 15/16
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Also, a lot of higher end stores do "vanity sizing" which means you wear a much smaller size in those, but it is not a true size. Just an illusion to make women feel better about their size. Personally, I think its a crock...just be honest about your size. Who cares really, we are all different shapes, sizes and builds. Its all about how you feel, clothing size and weight are just a stupid numbers to drive us crazy!!! :)
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm am 5'9, 147lbs, and wear a M/L top & size 9/10 pants.
  • mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    jellybeanhed3
    "Also, a lot of higher end stores do "vanity sizing" which means you wear a much smaller size in those, but it is not a true size. Just an illusion to make women feel better about their size. Personally, I think its a crock...just be honest about your size. Who cares really, we are all different shapes, sizes and builds. Its all about how you feel, clothing size and weight are just a stupid numbers to drive us crazy!!! :) "

So true!
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    I'm shorter than most of you - 5'4" - but I agree that sizes are annoying and vary not only from store to store, but also in the same store!

About a year ago, I weighed 150 and bought a new pair of Gap jeans for our engagement photo session - size 8.
    5 months later when I weighed about 135, I bought a new pair of the same jeans for our honeymoon - size 6.
    6 months later when I weighed about 130, I bought a new pair of the same jeans because my 6's were too big - size 4.

Obviously, losing only 5 pounds shouldn't make THAT big of a difference, but clearly I was working out more and lost inches rather than weight. So that makes a difference too. It's funny that I lost a whole size over 5 pounds. But I'm not complaining!
  • mashallej
    Options
    5'9" and 190 at a size 14 american eagle jeans and limited dress pants. tops are usually a large or a medium.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't think I replied. I am currently 202 (ugh) and can wear 14's but they make my belly look huge (thanks to my 3 kids that is where my weight now settles first). So I'm currently still wearing 16's but they fall down a lot, like I can go pee without having to unbutton them :) just slide them off. My goal is to be back to a size 10, what I was when I got married. I'm guessing getting to a 10 now will mean I will have to weigh less I did back then though. I'm hoping to get to 165 and see how I feel/look then.

oh and I'm around 5 8
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dang... I didnt realise how much of me must be muscle....
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently 136. I wear a 4-6 Long in pants and a S-M in tops.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 140 lbs right now, wearing size 8s. I'm happy with my SIZE but have all this extra flabby skin, maybe from 2 kids... I lost about 40 pounds and just want to feel FIT, right now I feel like a floppy mess. :\
  • xxxtwix
    Options
    Well technically I'm a tad taller, but found this conversation interesting. I'm 5'10, 330, and a size 22/24 comfortably. In fact the jeans I'm sitting in are a size 22. I'm curious as to what size I will be in when I get to 160ish-lbs again. It's been almost 20yrs and then I was in 8/10's.
  • dibley_98
    dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 9". I still have a pair of shorts from about 1992 (from the Limited - they're fabulously retro now, lol). This pair of shorts is a size 12. At the time, I felt like a hippo because I wore a size 12 (weighed 145 pounds). Comparing those shorts to the size 10's I wear currently from The Loft is hilarious. Those size 12's are SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than today's size 10's.

Clothing sizes have definitely gotten bigger in the last 20 years.

This is sooo true!! I was shopping in a regular store recently (because I finally can LOL) and as I looked through the sizes, I see size 0. Then I see 00. What the heck is that??? How can clothing be a size nothing? Does that mean the person isn't really there?

I'm 5'7, weigh 169lbs and wear size 12 pants and large shirts. However, I distinctly remember weighing 165-170 in highschool and wearing size 16 Jordache jeans. (yes I'm that old. :wink: )
  • abranch12
    Options
    I am 5'8", 240 lbs, size 16 pants, shirts L/XL. I can only fit pants that are made for curvy women.

What I found from shopping at stores llike the GAP since high school is that the clothing sizes change over the years. The size12 I was wearing in high school is probably today's size 6 or 8. It makes the consumer feel smaller, even though we are getting bigger.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 I weigh 268lbs my pants varies between a 20-24w my shirts are 3x
    Hopefully one day I will reach my dream size a beautiful size 10 *sigh*
  • fabfrog
    fabfrog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This really interests me....I am 5'8" have a 29 inch waist currently weight 154 and just last week was able to fit perfectly into a size 10 (Lucky Jeans). I typically wear a large shirt sometimes a medium. At 165 I wore a 12 in jeans and they fit perfectly.

I think it's interesting to see other peoples stats and see that they wear the same size...I suppose it's all in the shape.
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7'' 145 and very curvy, 29'' waist and 40.5'' hips. I am a size 8 currently and a 6 in some brands...But juniors i'm an 11! I want to be a 4.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am just a little over 5'9" and I am 33. When I was 16 I weighed about 125 and wore a size 8 in pants. Now I'm at 258 and size 18. I don't really know how they pants size goes, but I know after the "athletic cut" came in fashion for shirts I had to go up a size just to accomodate my chest and shoulders.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and fluctuate between 135-145 though I like to be around 138-140. I normally wear a 6 but sometimes have to go up or down a size. I have a 36D top so I need a Medium shirt. Working out with a trainer has helped tremendously with how my body looks. I may not be size 0 but I love putting on a swim suit now!
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 165lbs and wear a size 10 in Old Navy Jeans. Most of my dress pants are size 12 though. Goal is 130lbs and 6/8 pants.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 .. 171 and this morning put on a size 8 :D

Same here...but I'm squeezed and these jeans are kinda stretched already...

Damn I envy some of your sizes. I weight 148.8 lbs but my goal weight is 138 lbs. But I don't think I'll ever wear less than a size 8. I have large structure, and large hips...