have YOU LOST WEIGHT with eating carbs still?

Options

Replies

• kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I use to swear by low carb diets..... but i always gained the weight back. I have exceeded my goal and i eat anywhere from 150 -220 carbs a day. You need carbs as fuel for your body......
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've never restricted my carbs and I've lost 30 pounds so far. Everything in moderation. There is no magic food and there is no evil food.
  • betholiver
    Options
    I eat carbs, not eliminated. But I try to control it is very difficult because I love.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    i will never give up carbs.
  • emfilomena
    Options
    I don't keep track of my carbs and I don't have a specific goal when it comes to carbs. I know that I need them for energy, and I haven't given up my oatmeal or whole wheat bread. : P
    I've lost over 40lbs and haven't given any of that a thought. I keep track of my fat and protein intake, making sure protein is high and fat is low. I also pay attention to the fiber I'm getting and making sure to keep most foods low sodium.

For people who are looking to build serious muscle, I suggest keeping track of carbs as they are crucial in the muscle-healing process, along with protein.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yes, i still eat carbs and i love them. Im a carb junkie. I still eat the white and sugary ones like white rice and sweets. Im losing just fine.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I have had no issues losing weight eating carbs. And that includes the bad kind - ICECREAM!!!!

Have you considered Lean gains?
  • texastango
    Options
    You can lose weight eating carbs, fat, or protein. Eating all of one is not the healthest idea, but you can do it. Here is the simple translation:

1 gram of Protein = 4 calories
    1 gram of Carbs = 4 calories
    1 gram of Fat = 9 calories

It's that simple. Weight is simply calories in / calories out. There are many health reasons to use different types of carbs, protein, etc. That discussion is more for health, digestion, refueling, insulin level control, etc. So you can lose weight eating carbs....just plan your meals accordingly!
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    I use to swear by low carb diets..... but i always gained the weight back. I have exceeded my goal and i eat anywhere from 150 -220 carbs a day. You need carbs as fuel for your body......

This type of comment kind of drives me nuts. The exact same thing could be said for "I used to swear by a low-fat diet... but then I started eating more than I should and gained it all back." Of course if you go back to your old habits you'll gain it back, regardless of which type of plan you follow. If you go from eating 30-50 grams of carbs a day, and then go back to eating 150-200 a day of course you'll gain it back. Look at how many more calories you're consuming above what you had been.

And also, regarding the last statement, in the absence of carbs as fuel for your body- your body uses your fat stores as fuel for your body. I personally would rather be burning the fat I already have over the carbs I'd have to eat...

Oh crap, I've turned into one of those argumentative posters- sorry!! I'm done. Just tired of everyone bashing low-carb and calling it a fad. My diet is no less valid than yours.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I lost weight while still eating white bread, white rice etc. Of course the wholegrain options are better for you, but I like white bread.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Yes.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds and I don't even eat all whole grains. I've switched back to white bread because I like it more and the health benefits of whole wheat aren't great enough to make me want to make the change.

OP, how do you know you only have eight pounds of bodyfat to lose? My suggestion would be to focus more on strength training than dieting at that point in the game.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I eat whole grains/whole wheats daily! It is mainly the "white carbs" that are very starchy that I have cut out that has made a huge difference.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    yep yep...I lost all my weight while still eating carbs. Just whole grains instaed of refined. Right now I am trying to eat my carbs in the morning/lunchtime and not for dinner I've heard you can lose belly fat that way....we shall see.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat everything in moderation.

same here...
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight eating all types of carbs...simple and complex
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've never restricted carbs and am losing weight.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've lost 183 lbs while eating carbs. Everyone is probably different in this though. Carbs have never hurt my weight loss, simple or complex.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    great question I was wondering the same thing.. I droped a quick 10 pounds cutting carbs.. but it seems to have stopped working.. so not sure about the carb cutting method
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    have you lost weight with still eating WHOLE GRAIN carbs? as in not giving up the whole wheat/grains bread? brown rice?? would love to hear some feed back because apparently it seems as if people on here are telling me to give it up if i want to lose the last 8 ponunds of body fat

I've been struggling with losing since I got my current BC. But before that, eating bread, pasta, fruit, even cake and ice cream, you name it, I lost 34 pounds over the course of 12 weeks and kept it off for two years.