THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 22

Options

Replies

• HealthyMom4MyKids
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!! I am like a sponge trying to absorb all the information. I really appreciate your help.

aopt4---thanks so much for all the info. you sent me. I will def. be reading all the links.

Can anyone give me a good estimate on how many calories would be in a boneless, skinless chicken breast that has been grilled with only seasonings? I am finding so many diff. amounts on the web. It is already cooked from last night so I don't know how much it weighed when it was raw. Looks like I will need to start weighing meats raw.

Also, I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a recipe calculator I have over looked on this site.

Also is there a way to get email messages when someone responds to a thread you have started?

Thanks!!!

Best wishes to all of you!!!

Kim
  • mamashell
    mamashell Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Loranne sent me here, I hear you are a great group and would like to join your group :-)
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Woohoo..I got my ticker to appear...I am so excited. :laugh: ...doesn't take much does it.
    Thanks for answering my questions everyone.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Welcome new people. You will love this group.. I promise you that... Anytime you need advice or support come here... you'll get it and then some...

I measured today, lost half an inch off my legs....

I've been doing a lot of walking and alot of bouncing on the balance ball...it's amazing how bouncing alone for half an hour can make your legs feel good :smile:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm with ya Adopt4.. We lose weight in stange places.. But I did notice that my feet are getting smaller..

So since I have been off the wagon I have noticed that I am flabby well I've always been flabby but I am noticing that my stomach is all flabbier (is that even a word) again.. Its bugging me.. I have to keep on track...

can anyone tell me how to make my exercise diary public.. I did it with my food diary.. but can't figure out the exercise diary..

According to the settings your changing the settings for both of them at the same time... so if you make it public on the food diary then they both are.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Welcome Mamashell and Kim

Lorann - Congratulations Girl - YOU ROCK. Keep up the good work.

Anita - making your food diary public makes the exercise diary public too. there is a line on the food diary page that says something to the effect of click here to see exercise diary.

Adopt4 - your toe story made me look at mine. HAHA ya weight gone their too. And girl I love reading your posts and how you are so able to explain things. You are so helpful to all of us.

Pawprint - the girls have given you all the info about TOM that I could give you. I do recommend keeping a diary on it though it helps and cause mine differs from month to month I usually keep up on it.

prayerfulmom - so glad to see your post. Hope you get you other bike back soon.

Cyndeebee - what you said made perfect sense. thank you

WHERE IS KRISTI, HEALTHYMOM, SHEILA, JAMIE AND APRIL

Well gang, I gotta roll to work all the time I got right now. Catch you tomorrow.
    Have a good night
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Well Team I feel much better about my bicycling!! i found the calc.. that goes by your wieght!! so I really burned off 1357 calories with my 8 mile bike ride!!! so I guess thats okay that my bum hurts lmao!!! and today i walked 5 miles and burned off 1261 calories!!! woo hoo next walk or ride is Friday I hope!!!

Well dont have much time so Welcome to all the new team memebers good luck with your weight loss.. Just stick with our team and you will do just fine!!!

Sheila
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ welcome friend. a chick breast cooked, about the size of a deck of cards is roughly 3 oz. of meat, about the size of your balled fist is about 6oz. That's a good rule of thumb for when eating out too. oh, and when Adopt4 was telling you to drink you water - I'm pretty sure she meant for you to have 8 8oz. glasses of water a day and not just the one glass. I personally try to drink 1/2 my pounds in ounces of water, i.e. I weigh 187 lbs, so i drink about 95 oz per day. You will be amazed at how quickly you start wanting the water. Next time you are at walmart or target, pick up a food scale - you will use it a lot, so migh as well go ahead and get it.

Okay gang - on not seeing ourselves as we really are. Here's an exercise we used to use in our groups at the crisis center (people who suffer sexual abuse and/or molestation very often have body dysmorphia) And those of us with eating issues regardless of the cause, are experiencing our own body dysmorphia. This is the exercise we used to do: tape a loooong piece of butcher paper or brown paper on the front of a smooth door or wall. stand against the paper in your underwear, back to the wall. Trace your body. Then, turn the paper over retape it to the wall and now trace you body standing sideways to the paper with your shoulder, hip, and outer ankle touching. Be honest in your tracing ~ or best case, have someone else do the tracing. It is an awakening and enlightening exercise:flowerforyou:

I'm with youse guys - missing kristi, jaimie, healthymom april....:( Come home peeps)
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. Don't worry I was busy exercising.....:love: (and then too tired to post). I was drinking only 6 cups of water so this week I have increased to 10 cups (bought a new water bottle). I'm hoping this will help move the scale this week. Still need to plan meals becasue I'm going over on calories eating healthy stuff :grumble:

welcome newbies. congrats on choosing to be healthy! It happens one step at a time. I tried to lose weight many times before but this group has kept me going - I've learned not to give up during plateaus and report in every day to help keep me motivated. Thanks team!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

How are you all Today? It is supose to be 87 today nice and sunny..I am just working on the yard trying to get it done for the graduation party on Sat!!! the lawn has to be mowed and I have about 5 acher's to mow!!! plus I need to do some weeding so trying to get it all done during the early hours!!! I was picking up the inside of the house this morning since my sister had to text me at 6 am to say are you up??? man I hate that and then I cant go back to sleep!!! I am hoping with all my bike riding and walking the scale moves for me this week!! I want to reach my 50 pound lost!!! That will make me so happy!! but if I have gone down from a 30/32 to a 22/24 in 4 months I wonder what size i will be into in the next 4 months LOL... when I first started I was in a bra size 50 D i had bought me two bra's for vacation and they were 46 D and now I went to go get re-sized and I am now into a 42 C I am almost into a normal range bra size!!! i can start buying the cute ones!!!! LOL

LuLu - That seems to be a great Exercise well I need to go find a big enough peice of paper!!! I am with you on the water!! I drink way more then it says to!! especially when it is extra hot outside.. the only thing is I am bad and dont like the tap water so I buy bottle water!!! but I drink a lot of it!!!

April - only 4 more days until your here!!! yippie...I cant wait..You are going to do just fine on your drive so dont worry... just call me!!!

Healthymom - glad to here you have been busy exercising!!! glad you uped your water also thats a good thing,,,

Lisa (indianagranny) I am here I have been chating but you must have not seen anything I have posted!!! no biggy... I am here working out havent posted as much because I still dont have my computer back and I have to go over to my mothers..Hope everything is going okay with you I have been really worried about you.. and your always in my thoughts... talk to you soon...

well I will check back in later I have to get outside into the yard..chat more soon...

Sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone..

I did pretty good all day till I got home and had ice cream.. I am not even a big ice cream eater... Can't wait for it to be gone and then it won't be back. I usually buy Skinny Cow and I am happy with that.. But because of the weekend we had company it was ice cream time..

I am off to exercise... I will log back in when I am done...
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    Doing good. on top of the normal 30-45 min of moring work out I'm going to a yoga class twice a week in July. I don't know how often i will be able to go when school starts back up but I'm enjoying it right now. I think what I like about it is its at my church so its a people networking thing as well. I know know ten more people who careabout fitness and are interested in doing it the same way as me. Its nice to because its non-threatening. I can't stand gyms, I'm way too intimidated to get in there and use weights. I have done classes at a gym and cardio before but I'm not twenty and I don't want to be in a class of college students who are there to be seen.

Any how got over the writer's block. It was nice to be able to get back into the groove. Have a great morning.
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi Everyone...well now that I am feeling a bit more comfortable with all this...here is what I am at and where I am heading to. Now if that is positive I don't know what is.
    CW: 201 lbs - July 5, 2009
    GW: 140 lbs - wish it was now...lol
    CW as of today - 197.6 lbs.
    Need to lose approx 60 lbs.

Cindy..thanks for the website sure is helping me keep track of my food and exercise. This website has actually given me drive to succeed.

Well that is about it...got to get to work now.
    Have Great Day everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    Options
    Hi Everyone...well now that I am feeling a bit more comfortable with all this...here is what I am at and where I am heading to. Now if that is positive I don't know what is.

Cindy..thanks for the website sure is helping me keep track of my food and exercise. This website has actually given me drive to succeed.

Buttonnose, no reason to ever feel ashamed here.. We are all in the same place.. I've fallen off track but am hoping to get back on and stay on.. We are all here to support each other... This site and this team has really helped... I value the posts here...

Anita
  • nitag
    Options
    I just logged my food for today, breakfast, lunch and healthy snacks.... Along with my exercise... 45 mins on the treadmill, squats and crunches... Woo hoo I feel good.....

Still missing Kristi, Jamie and a lot of the others....

Come on girls... We need you.. I need you.. come back....
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Doing good. on top of the normal 30-45 min of moring work out I'm going to a yoga class twice a week in July. I don't know how often i will be able to go when school starts back up but I'm enjoying it right now. I think what I like about it is its at my church so its a people networking thing as well. I know know ten more people who careabout fitness and are interested in doing it the same way as me. Its nice to because its non-threatening. I can't stand gyms, I'm way too intimidated to get in there and use weights. I have done classes at a gym and cardio before but I'm not twenty and I don't want to be in a class of college students who are there to be seen.

Any how got over the writer's block. It was nice to be able to get back into the groove. Have a great morning.

I started a fitness group at church. We church people are the eaten'est group I ever did meet. So I wanted something that was not food related. Its great fun.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Good morning everyone..

I did pretty good all day till I got home and had ice cream.. I am not even a big ice cream eater... Can't wait for it to be gone and then it won't be back. I usually buy Skinny Cow and I am happy with that.. But because of the weekend we had company it was ice cream time..

I am off to exercise... I will log back in when I am done...

I made a deal with my dietician that I would bring ice cream to work and have my snack earlier in the day because I love it. I haven't had it once. Its odd. I guess it had just become habit to eat after dinner (some type of snack). Now I eat everything before leaving work.
    I'm commending you for moving back towards your goals. Keep progressing. So good to see your exercising.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options

awesome!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

How are you all Today? It is supose to be 87 today nice and sunny..I am just working on the yard trying to get it done for the graduation party on Sat!!! the lawn has to be mowed and I have about 5 acher's to mow!!! plus I need to do some weeding so trying to get it all done during the early hours!!! I was picking up the inside of the house this morning since my sister had to text me at 6 am to say are you up??? man I hate that and then I cant go back to sleep!!! I am hoping with all my bike riding and walking the scale moves for me this week!! I want to reach my 50 pound lost!!! That will make me so happy!! but if I have gone down from a 30/32 to a 22/24 in 4 months I wonder what size i will be into in the next 4 months LOL... when I first started I was in a bra size 50 D i had bought me two bra's for vacation and they were 46 D and now I went to go get re-sized and I am now into a 42 C I am almost into a normal range bra size!!! i can start buying the cute ones!!!! LOL

LuLu - That seems to be a great Exercise well I need to go find a big enough peice of paper!!! I am with you on the water!! I drink way more then it says to!! especially when it is extra hot outside.. the only thing is I am bad and dont like the tap water so I buy bottle water!!! but I drink a lot of it!!!

April - only 4 more days until your here!!! yippie...I cant wait..You are going to do just fine on your drive so dont worry... just call me!!!

Healthymom - glad to here you have been busy exercising!!! glad you uped your water also thats a good thing,,,

Lisa (indianagranny) I am here I have been chating but you must have not seen anything I have posted!!! no biggy... I am here working out havent posted as much because I still dont have my computer back and I have to go over to my mothers..Hope everything is going okay with you I have been really worried about you.. and your always in my thoughts... talk to you soon...

well I will check back in later I have to get outside into the yard..chat more soon...

Sheila

I knew you did better than 100 calories. I'm still on the fence weather the calories are correct though. Even though I use my heart rate monitor it seems so high for me. I love the bicycle. A good pair of bike shorts is helpful and time in the saddle to get the bum accustomed.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. Don't worry I was busy exercising.....:love: (and then too tired to post). I was drinking only 6 cups of water so this week I have increased to 10 cups (bought a new water bottle). I'm hoping this will help move the scale this week. Still need to plan meals becasue I'm going over on calories eating healthy stuff :grumble:

welcome newbies. congrats on choosing to be healthy! It happens one step at a time. I tried to lose weight many times before but this group has kept me going - I've learned not to give up during plateaus and report in every day to help keep me motivated. Thanks team!

guzzle guzzle.
    love that your working out like crazy:wink: