Small vent about this site

Options

Replies

• Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :happy: THANK YOU...for posting this thread! :drinker: That is one thing I absolutely dislike about this site. Some people are just miserable and reading their bashing comments just leads me to believe this is how they are on a regular basis...judgemental!!! Misery loves company so I try my hardest not to get upset at what I read and continue on with my happy day. I rather not argue with an idiot because people watching won't be know the difference.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I agree with you.

But I will add...
    hater-prime.gif
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder and bringing it to everyone's attention.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here but it seems fair to snipe at people at their goal weight, slim or in shape.

Just think a little before you type :smile:

This is what I mean, Maybe the "acutally body builders" aren't on this site....but what about all the women who are close to their goal or are muscular and built or maybe even "skinny" wouldn't they be offended by people bashing women who look similar to them?
    I guess I just feel like as women we should empower eachother and even if people have implants, lipo, whatever...they PUT THE EFFORT IN to be what they want to be. PERIOD. People have to stop complaining and focus on THEIR OWN development.

Thanks for the support guys...

I am actually a body builder and I am on this site :tongue:
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Women are nasty to one another. End of story.
    Well that's kind of a nasty thing to say, don't you think?
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    Very good post. I've also said about this a number of times. Its quite annoying, frustrating and it can almost upsetting for some people in the responses they give.

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here but it seems fair to snipe at people at their goal weight, slim or in shape.

Just think a little before you type :smile:

I totally agree! I got bashed pretty hard for saying that I have 15lbs to lose. Basically because I'm not dealing with congestive heart failure, I'm wasting my time. I'm not ever judgemental towards anyone on this site. It's not my place. If I don't like a post or a thread I move on! I didn't expect to hear that my goals are insignificant because it's a smaller goal than some.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    What is most often perceived as "hating" is the rebuttal to the rampant spread of misinformation. You'd think that would be appropriate for a site where if more people knew what they were doing they may not be here.

An aside... these kinds of posts do nothing to promote the positivity that the anti-haters feel is lacking. there's no shortage of these posts... are they working yet?

:flowerforyou:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    What is most often perceived as "hating" is the rebuttal to the rampant spread of misinformation. You'd think that would be appropriate for a site where if more people knew what they were doing they may not be here.

An aside... these kinds of posts do nothing to promote the positivity that the anti-haters feel is lacking. there's no shortage of these posts... are they working yet?

I think you are misunderstanding. There are literally posts that state that people in shape or the like are either anorexic or have a similar ED and if you are shape with ab's and/or muscled you're in love with you're self and vain and arrogant. There are literally direct insulted.

That's nothing to do with misunderstanding, that's being deliberately hurtful and using stereotypical views, views of which that they themselves with large amounts of weight to lose are rightly opposed to if thrown at them.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

I think you are misunderstanding. There are literally posts that state that people in shape or the like are either anorexic or have a similar ED and if you are shape with ab's and/or muscled you're in love with you're self and vain and arrogant. There are literally direct insulted.

That's nothing to do with misunderstanding, that's being deliberately hurtful and using stereotypical views, views of which that they themselves with large amounts of weight to lose are rightly opposed to if thrown at them.

this is 100% true.
    if people perceive you as an outsider from their current social "group"...they tend to hate.
    its kind of the "Fundamental attribution error".... im going to steal this example from wikipedia because im lazy:

As a simple example, if Alice saw Bob trip over a rock and fall, Alice might consider Bob to be clumsy or careless (dispositional). If Alice tripped over the same rock herself, she would be more likely to blame the placement of the rock (situational).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_attribution_error
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    :noway: I'm shocked! You totally can't tell in your AV.. (yes, that was joking sarcasm :tongue: )
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yes! That really irks me the most about this site and often makes me want to give up on the forums (pinterest is bad too). If I see a pic of someone I don't find attractive, I move on to the next thread/pin. There is nothing to be gained by sharing my negative opinion, and I don't believe everybody needs to hear my opinion all the time anyway. I try not to say things about people that I might find hurtful if they were said about me.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    :noway: I'm shocked! You totally can't tell in your AV.. (yes, that was joking sarcasm :tongue: )

:tongue:

Just sayin' - people often use profile pictures of what they'd want to be. I'm always me - even my username is my real name :noway:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Just sayin' - people often use profile pictures of what they'd want to be. I'm always me - even my username is my real name :noway:

I like real. That is really currently me in my avatar. I figured since I no longer look like I did when competing, I should be the real me and after my next competition I'll update again. :bigsmile:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I agree with your post. I don't comment in too many forums because I do see so many negative comments and don't wish to be "slammed". Good for you on the courage to stand up and voice your feelings. We are all on here with the same goal in mind....being more healthy and feeling better about ourselves.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

Your last name is seriously "wild"? Your profile pic gave a way that it probably wasn't just an "I wish" by being in front of a mirror. :laugh:

I understand why people put up the "I wish photos". Personally, I prefer a picture of myself.
  • CharmCityBella
    CharmCityBella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good post. :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do think it comes down to who is having a good day/bad day. And also..there are those who were not raised properly and speak their mind without realizing the feelings they are hurting.

I know for me..if I dont agree..I dont say anything at all...its just more polite...I also try not to take anything to heart..cause at the end of the day..these people dont really know me...like a profile and pic gives them the insight to who I am..hardly..
  • tjdimplez
    Options
    Agreed...LOL
  • ufkw64
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Amen sister!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Dieting is like pregnancy--you're going to get a ton of advice, whether solicited or not. Much of it doesn't apply because everyone is different! So I read what I want to, ignore what I want to, and move on with my day. It's just easier to agree to disagree and part as friends. :)