How did you decide your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I picked a clothing size, and guessed what I'd need to weigh to fit in that size. If I get there before my goal, I am fine. If I need to weigh a little less, I'll work on that too.

The size is 1-2 below than me at my thinnest as an adult, so around 15-20 pounds lower than my estimated weight at that point.

But I might also decide to focus a lot more at that point on fat loss, if I am not at peace with my abs at that point (which is definitely a possibility). But once I got to that point, the scale would be irrelevant for me.

I think my number puts me at "overweight" on the BMI charts, but I don't think the BMI charts are all that helpful in my case. The math doesn't seem to mesh with my body composition.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am already the lowest weight of my adult life at 203...my "goal" weight is just an absolute guess. I did have it at 167 and then 157 and now it's at 147 because I just need a goal that still feels far enough away that I need to keep working seriously at this.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I set my goal for about what I weighed when I got married. I feel like I looked good at that weight and felt healthy, with just the right amount of curves. :tongue:
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be under 190...but to put 10 lbs as a goal seemed silly so i started @ 20........I have also thought twice, or maybe even three times about changing it.....But i decided, maybe its best to reach this goal first....

16544443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I consulted with my doctor on mine, but it's actually still just a number, more than my real goal. My real goal is to be in a size 8 pants again, whatever weight that is. That's thin for my frame, but I think it's achievable in a healthy way if I can reduce body fat and increase lean muscle.
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just picked a good, round number (200). If I'm still flabby at that point, I can go from there-- but I think I will probably be mostly muscle by the time I get remotely close to that, and I'll be okay with that.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i went for the middle of the healthy range but i will see how im feeling when im approaching bmi 25 and decide on a final goal accordingly
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    A healthy BMI. :)
  • big_drake
    Options
    I just went with a weight that is obtainable but with some work and life changes. I can always make it lower if I get to my target weight and wanna keep going.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I set it at my college weight. I thought I was "so fat" back then. *smacks head*
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    GW: 140 lbs

Height: 5'5

I cant remember the last time I was below 140 lbs, the thinnest i was post baby was 148lbs, I want to get to that and some.

Im not sure why i picked this weight, I guess its the most realistic goal
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Figure 155-157 is the most realistic weight I can get to without sacrificing my training intensity.
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I decided on a weight that when I was at it, I felt physically my strongest and healthiest, it may not be what they say I should weight, but it is where I have felt my best.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I want to be a UK size 14, and I estimate that losing 6 stone (84 lbs) will do this for me, this will still leave me "overweight" with reference to BMI, but I will re-evaluate once I reach the weight, still a long way to go yet!
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    118. my bmi, and considering i have a real small body frame.....modeling.. i love jordan from 16&preg...and thats her bmi, my goal bmi, and she's the perfect body i want so taadaaa :)
  • cbush0315
    Options
    175. Right under my BMI. I have a larger body frame so the lower side of my BMI looks silly on me.
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I want my driver's license to stop lying!!
  • gellolicious
    Options
    It's the weight that my doctor told me she wants me at and I feel like it's attainable. We'll see if I want to go any lower once I get there.
  • goldengoose4
    goldengoose4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Soley based on my BMI :)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Like many I went with a weight in the healthy range for BMI. My goal of 149 will put me down to a BMI of 22.00.