Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options
12345679»

Replies

• niknak30
    niknak30 Posts: 58
    Options
    I am 40 in May and working towards a better me - won't reach my goal but will be on the way to it.

Add me - I need support
  • visions845
    Options
    My 40th birthday is looming around the corner. 39 this May and by next May... the big 40.

There is something about not being fat at forty. Is there anyone on this same journey with a pretty tight timeline?

It's never too late :-) Great job in embarking on the journey of fitness. Can you imagine how thankful your body will be? your body will speak to you. saying thank you - Let's go biking, hiking, rowing, running and so much more. your body will never get tired of telling you thank you. And. You will know because you will be able to be part of so many activities out there that will help you reach your goal ! Congrats!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I was fat in my forties (41-47), and I am hoping to be fit before fifty. almost there. :glasses:
  • mnsnowflake
    mnsnowflake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I restarted this healthy journey four months AFTER I turned 40 !! What a great time for a new beginning :)
    I wish you luck on your goal !!
  • tortoise73
    tortoise73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To the OP, I actually turn 40 in May of 2013 too! This is my first post here. I lost 60 pounds 3 yrs ago but have gained almost all of it back. Starting again. I swear, keeping weight off is harder than losing it!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am. I decided I didn't have a choice in getting older but that I can at least look good while doing it.
  • MedicLaura
    MedicLaura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 44, most people say I look like I'm in my late 20's or early 30's which I find funny because some days I feel 90. Someday I want someone to say wow look at that beautiful woman, instead of "you have such pretty eyes". Trying to follow suit and get fit over 40!
  • D2244
    D2244 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am forty now that decided it was time to get into shape.
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My 40th birthday is looming around the corner. 39 this May and by next May... the big 40.

There is something about not being fat at forty. Is there anyone on this same journey with a pretty tight timeline?

I turned 39 in December and said the same thing my primary goal by my 40th birthday is to be under 200 pounds, as of my last weigh in I have 31 pounds to go to be 199lbs by my birthday I am working to be less then 199 lbs. Good luck too you and let's be friends.

good luck.
  • kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this past Dec. and I started around Sept./Oct. on my journey to lose 25 lbs. Well, I did not make it because I wasn't consistent with eating right and working out...so no surprise there. And, my b-day came and went and I still wasn't back down 2 my "fighting weight." Then, I saw the pix from my40th b-day party and I was like "who is that fat chick...she cute, but she looks plump in that outfit." Then I realized it was ME!!! And that was the beginning of my journey with MFP; I started on Jan. 5 and now I am determined to be 41 and fabulous! I have lost 11 lbs. and I've got 19 lbs. to go! Friend me and we can keep each other motivated...good luck on your journey!