I am feeling bad about ordering pizza but...

Options
124»

Replies

• oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't feel bad. I generally order a large pizza every week due to a customer appreciation day where it's only $6.99. I keep it to veggies and normal cheese and limit myself to two slices. Works perfect for me and I haven't had issues with gaining.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, then don't feel bad. Food should never make you feel bad.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Remember that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I could never do this if I couldn't have pizza, cake, cookies, etc. It's all about portion control. Don't feel bad about eating something you enjoy, just don't over do it.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza a lot, but try not to eat much pizza out. When I make my own, I know what is going on it. I'll never know if Jon from Richmond's Papa John's store #2348 put 1/4 cup of mozz and 1 TBS of oil or if he doubled it because, well, who cares. So I guess it's just not that different from most places you'd eat out. Just use common sense and find a good balance.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! You have to live a little!
  • amandahoppes
    Options
    I eat pizza once a week. 2 slices of thin crust veggie lovers from Pizza Hut.
    Pizza is a food I will never give up.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Save guilt for moments you genuinely did something wrong, like if you're texting while driving and accidentally squish a bunny.

This made me laugh so hard and it's so true.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    As a pizzaria owner, losing the weight of inactivity of 22 years, I can tell you the best way to enjoy pizza and still eat healthy!

1. Don't order from a chain, they use WAY TOO MUCH salt and the fat content of their meats and cheese would make your cringe.
    2. Order sliced roma tomatos instead of sauce. If they don't have basil and oregano to top it with before cooking, I'm sure you can find some at home to sprinkle on when you get it home.
    3. Order light cheese, 1/2 or less of the regular amount. Most places use the "heavy" industry standard and half of this more than covers adequately.
    4. If they have it, order fresh mozzerella instead of what they would normally put on top.
    5. Stick to veggies, but stay away from olives, artichokes (unless fresh), canned mushrooms or anything that comes out of a jar. These usually have too much sodium.
    6. Ask them to stretch a 10" dough into a 12" (size down into larger) It'll work, no matter how much they say it won't

If all that fails, follow the guidelines above and do it at home.

A 10" thin crust veggie pizza with tomatos, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and spinach, with 2 ounces of low fat mozzerella or fresh mozz will be tasty, and the whole pie should come in around 500 calories!

LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing!!

Love it!! Now I need to get a pizza stone. That was my resolution this year. Learn to make great pizza to replace my crazy pizza addiction!!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have spike days or meals? This Saturday my wife and I are going to order pizza for our spike day. We know we may go over on calories for the day, but we make sure we don't go overboard.

From my perspective, it's not a problem if done occasionally. And I've read many people with some level of credential say there are positive benefits to spike days.

^^ THIS!

I give myself a spike day about every 7 days. It revs your metabolism and I have actually lost weight from doing it. Don't consume 10,000 calories, but eat what you want once every 7 days or so.
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    As a pizzaria owner, losing the weight of inactivity of 22 years, I can tell you the best way to enjoy pizza and still eat healthy!

1. Don't order from a chain, they use WAY TOO MUCH salt and the fat content of their meats and cheese would make your cringe.
    2. Order sliced roma tomatos instead of sauce. If they don't have basil and oregano to top it with before cooking, I'm sure you can find some at home to sprinkle on when you get it home.
    3. Order light cheese, 1/2 or less of the regular amount. Most places use the "heavy" industry standard and half of this more than covers adequately.
    4. If they have it, order fresh mozzerella instead of what they would normally put on top.
    5. Stick to veggies, but stay away from olives, artichokes (unless fresh), canned mushrooms or anything that comes out of a jar. These usually have too much sodium.
    6. Ask them to stretch a 10" dough into a 12" (size down into larger) It'll work, no matter how much they say it won't

A 10" thin crust veggie pizza with tomatos, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and spinach, with 2 ounces of low fat mozzerella or fresh mozz will be tasty, and the whole pie should come in around 500 calories!

Thanks will try these tips!!!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options

LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing!!

Love it!! Now I need to get a pizza stone. That was my resolution this year. Learn to make great pizza to replace my crazy pizza addiction!!

Do it! We have a pizza stone, pizza peel and fancy cutters. We buy locally made Neapolitan style pizza dough balls and make our own sauce and pizzas all the time. It is SO fun, great to do as a couple or a family and it tastes SO much better than what you'd order from a chain delivery place. I love my homemade pizza addiction. (It's already in my calories for dinner in my diary - an entire pizza, just for me, at a reasonable 500 calories or less. I may even add wine.)