calling all people with a SPACE between your thighs

Options

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Even when I was a size 2, I never had a space between my thighs. My hips are too narrow, amd the shape of my legs didn't allow for it. Which really isn't a big deal, when you think about it. Does a space define success? Hardly.
  • zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    Options
    I spread my legs wider apart....

prooove it :D
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type. I don't think that everyone can get a space between their legs.
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, with a small frame. I weigh 105 pounds, and have about 17% bodyfat. I don't have that space. At my lowest weight, which was unhealthily low, I barely had a little triangle-gap at the top.

I used to freak out over it, but I now recognize that not everyone is built to have one. I don't think it's anything worth fretting over. I will never have a "thigh gap" and that's ok. OP, please stop worrying about it. Focus on getting your whole body into shape. If your body is made that way, the gap will appear. If not, that's fine too.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh. I misunderstood. I DO have space between my thighs. It's just taken up with..... Extra thigh!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm kindof chubby (135 lbs, jeans size 7)

Dangggg..... If that's kind of chubby, then I think I might be kind of obese.
  • kbee784
    kbee784 Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't think everyone is built for having a thigh-gap. I have seen really tiny people WITHOUT thigh-gaps and larger people WITH them... I think that, generally speaking, you are either built to have one, or you aren't.

Like many have been saying, focus on being healthy and fit all over, rather than something as small as a thigh gap :)
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have it, but like someone else said I have broad hips in comparison to the rest of my frame. I'm 110 on a small frame 5'3"..... I found my legs got in better shape from forcing them to constantly walk, run, row, swim, weights...without the muscle they'd be pretty gangly! x
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I could care less if I have a thigh gap or not, so long as I have muscular, lean legs =D
  • gracibelle
    Options
    At my lowest weight due to anorexia, I had a thigh gap. Now my body fat percentage is 17, and I don't have it at all!
  • whiteangelrose69
    Options
    When I was 110lbs I didnt have a space between my thighs... Honestly You do look good you shouldnt pin point such small areas casue you will drive yourself crazy
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options
    Some women are just not built for the a space between their thighs, regardless of their weight! I'm a size 3 in pants and I don't have a space between my thighs. It's a crazy concept to think "you're fat if you don't have a thigh gap". No, no. Don't let anyone tell you that because I am sure you look fantastic!!

I've seen some extremely fit women with a very low BFP and they don't have a thigh gap. It's all about how wide your hides are, your bones, and just other hereditary factors.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else here, it depends on body type and you are gorgeous so don't worry about the thigh gap.

I have had the thigh gap once in my adult life. I did NOTHING but run. Run, run, run, run. minimum 8 km a day normally 15 or so. I also watched what I ate. No strength training, no other cardio. Not the best way to work out and get healthy, I was thin, but I still looked funny. I was a size 8 and weighed 145lbs at 5'7".
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this thigh gap thing until a couple weeks ago, and now it's everywhere -- wtf??? Anyway, it is mainly genetics. There are so many things genetically predetermined that we're just never going to be able to get. For example, I love lower back dimples, but I can never have them because they're based on structure, not things you can change. :smile: I do have a teeny gap right now at 139 lb/21.5% body fat, even though I have pretty big thighs, and it's just because I have really wide hips. I know plenty of women with smaller thighs but no gap. My legs are wideset. :P
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    it's genetics for me. My figure is hourglass so there has always been a space between my thighs. So I guess I can't say. But don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen for you, sometimes I wish I didn't have it because then my hips would be smaller!
  • chenyearnaout
    Options
    I spread my legs wider apart....

prooove it :D

Hmmm seeing a pattern here...so if you want instead of you asking her to prove how far she can spread her legs I can prove to you that you're getting close to being single.
  • thatdianna
    Options
    im really skinny im 5 4 weigh somewhere in the 90s my thighs dont touch like at all and neither do my knees. it kinda bothers me and i feel a bit selfconcious when i where skinny jeans or anything tight. ive always wanted to have thighs that touch i think they look prettiter then having a random gap between your thighs...
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with your weight, and everything to do with how widely your hips are set.

*head desk*
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you dont have it at size 6 then you aren't going to have it. it's just not in your genes to have it.

consequently i know people who are size 18 and have thigh gaps. like others have noted, it's more a factor of how wide your pelvic girdle is than anything else.
  • Cavallia
    Options
    It is genetic. If you super duper starve yourself into a skeleton, of course you will get them, no matter your shape. But no one wants to do that.

Some people have farther apart hips than others.

I have a thigh gap, and I don't think much of it. I know lots of people who are a bit on the big side and yet they still have thigh gap. I am by no means skinny, I have pretty thick thighs yet I have a thigh gap. Just focus on being fit and healthy. If you end up getting them great, but don't let that be a goal.