Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I had my first at 17 and my last at 42.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I had my son about a month shy of my 25th birthday and my daughter right after I turned 32. I am really glad I had a little time for me before the kids arrived. Also, a lot of women my age (43) are grandmothers already. I look forward to that someday, but not yet...still enjoying the mom thing! I'm VERY glad I waited a bit.
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am probably your Mom's generation. I had mine at 19 and 23; however my daughter is waiting as well. She is almost 27 and they plan to wait another year before getting pregnant. I really think it has been a trend to wait until your 30's as I know a lot of women who have waited. I think there are pros and cons to everything; however my son has a little boy and I love being a young grandma.
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was 25 when I had my first son, and 26 when I had my second. I had them 14 months apart. Was hard work at the time, but worth it now that they're older, and are always company for one another. For me, that was the right age to have them, I had done the whole going out thing, had enjoyed myself completely. So don't have any regrets.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My wife was 23 and I was 25 when we had our first. Then 25 and 27, then 27 and 29. 3 wonderful boys. Honestly, i'm glad that we were a bit younger, because it takes a lot of energy to keep up with them.
  • GemmaLxx
    GemmaLxx Posts: 2
    Options
    I has just turned 24 when my first son was born, and I was 26 almost 27 when my 2nd boy arrived.
    I would have liked to have done it maybe a bit later but wouldnt change it for the world now.

Gem
    :smile:
  • kaithenderson
    Options
    I was 22 when I had my first child.:)It works for me!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had my first kid at 21 and now 28 and have 4 kiddos!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st when I was 20. Then had the other 2 at 23 and 26. I'm 31 now so I don't have any babies anymore. :( My baby is 5 now.
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    23 when I had my first, 25 with my second, 27 with my third.
  • TLPat
    TLPat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    36 when I had my son....39 when I had twin girls.....I feel lucky and blessed but tired!!!!!!!!
  • KathleenPub
    KathleenPub Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was 19 with my first, 20 with my second, 22 with my third and 24 with my fourth. I love having my babies so young, and now that I'm done having them I am really enjoying being a young mom. I look forward to being young when they are all grown up and still having energy for my grandchildren :) But I think waiting until your older is great too just for different reasons. THere are pros and cons to everything.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    We had our first when I was 26, my husband did 4 years of vet school, and we had another during that time. I have had friends who have waited and are perfectly happy. We had 4 more after vet school, so I am glad I started early. I do have to say that my first four pregnancies were WAY better than my last 2. I think it is harder as you get older. Do what is right for you guys. It is possible to do it during grad school, but I can TOTALLY understand why waiting is a good choice too.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had my kids at 29 and 30. Perfect! I have plenty of energy, not that old :P. I am very happy I got to enjoy my 20ties and build a solid relationship with my husband before we had kids. Children can be very taxing on a marriage.
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    I was 27 and my wife was 23 and thinking of having another :-)
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    24, 26, 27, 30.
  • Armycane
    Armycane Posts: 20
    Options
    My oldest will be six in couple of days had him when I was 24 and my youngest at 26. Had both while serving on active duty. We had been married for 3 years before, it was the right time for us, i learned how to balance family life and military life. Good luck :-)
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Was 32 when I had DD (two years ago) and we don't plan for another before I am 38 ;)
  • hollie150
    Options
    had my daughter at 17 and no regrets
    shes my whole world shes 7 now and couldnt imagine life without her
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    I'M 30 and still waiting for Mr. right so I can pop a few out.