I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• SandiD146
    SandiD146 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like my computer, my phone, my ipad, and video games...just dorky ones....like WWF, Sims, and Bubble Witch. I used to play Doom back in the day. I also love all the STar Treks, but I kind think Stargate is too icky....(snakes coming out of bellies...ew!). I adore Firefly, and yes, I want it to come back.

:D
    Sandi
  • SandiD146
    Options
    Oh...and Janeway....she could run circles around any of those captains. And...Zoe...she could kick Mal's butt too! ;P
  • ltaylore
    ltaylore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Star Trek
    D&D
    World of Darkness
    Programming
    LOTR
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Oh...and Janeway....she could run circles around any of those captains. And...Zoe...she could kick Mal's butt too! ;P

Of course she can run circles. The other captains don't run, they know people will wait.
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love mathematics, financial mathematics, macroeconomics, political economics ...
    I read all the time. I collect books.
    I want to speak as many languages as possible.
    I love learning in general.
    I love Star Trek and The Big bang theory.
  • SandiD146
    Options

Of course she can run circles. The other captains don't run, they know people will wait.

ha ha!

She's like a mama bear and Voyager is her cub!
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and read for fun.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I own 4 lightsabers.... They're mounted to the wall.

You are officially my hero!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a list of my favorite books and usually have my nose buried in one.

I read 89 books one year (just for pleasure) and this does not include the books I had to read for school.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i/8

Any math nerd will get this joke. lol. I once saw a t-shirt with i/8 on it and thought it was awesome!

:-D

Oh, I know I'm a nerd because I'm a full time student who also works 33 hours a week, and would rather spend time doing homework than socialize.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Played star wars old republic for at least an hour today
    Have read/seen Harry Potter series more times than I can count
    Read all the wheel of time books at least 2x
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My brother once asked me "What makes you think you're smarter than me?" And I immediately replied with "Well, what's your Int Score?"

I also carry a set of DnD dice in my purse, and usually have at least one life counter (for Magic the Gathering) with me.

I have a batman wallet, to match all of my batman clothes.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    WSUD.
    Supply &demand.

Trenches.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned pressure trolls and I didn't know what that was, so I spent an hour researching them...
    I'm a secretary - I have absolutely no need for that information - but I don't like being ignorant. Now I could probably hold my own in a conversation about them with a college-educated engineer.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I read 6 tech blogs daily. My latest phone, galaxy nexus, about 2 months before I got it, I couldnt go more than 10 min without seeing the latest releases about it. And I spend roughly 3 hour a day, updating, cutomizing, and tweaking either my phone or computer
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Star Trek- I can tell you stories about the stars I've seen/met. And is it too early to be excited for the next movie? Pictures with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch are quite exciting. :)

I quote Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Monty Python & the Holy Grail religiously. Though most people don't get it. And I read a lot.

A friend also pointed out that I don't need to be actively watching MP&THG to say the lines with the movie.

And don't get me started on my British TV shows- Doctor Who, Torchwood, Merlin, Sherlock. And yes, I love the thought of SuperWhoMerLockWood. :)
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am taking on Philosophy courses at MIT...because I want to and they're fun.
    I can give you a tour of world history, by centuries, then broken into decades, with highlights on important years...starting at around 500 AD.
    All my sims are bookworms and science geniuses. (Except for that one guy that cleans the toilets.)
    I think e-readers are a sad invention because you can't smell the pages. Old books smell so good.
    I can date fabric samples.
    I can't wait for quiet evenings with coffee and computer games.
    I have a tattoo in Runic and another in Latin.
    I speak Latin.
    And Polish.
    I heart medieval festivals.
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    -I would Die Without Video Games Of Any sort
    -Still Play SNES
    -Am A Total ZOMBIE movie Junkie
    -Constantly Playing Around With HTML codes
    -I know Just About Everything About Micheal Myers Movies and own almost every shirt made and getting ready for my tattoo of him next month
    -Seen Every LOTR movie Over 15x times each
    -D&D
    -Use To Play Diablo Like It Was A Crack Addiction
    -Magic The Gathering
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I wrote a Star Trek novel.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I dream in Math. Seriously.