How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• missbaker89
    missbaker89 Posts: 245
    Options
    1st was at 17 2nd at 20.........i am 22 now and some time in the future would love to have another one :)
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    21 :)
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I had just turned 23 when I had my son. I'm 31 now and I'm still not sure if I want to have anymore. I kinda feel like time is running out too & that only makes me feel rushed
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to other people. When you are ready, it will happen... Just tell them the same thing I did when people asked me... "I want a perfect baby and practice makes perfect".... I was 25 when I had my daughter...
  • eLKie_c
    eLKie_c Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First at 18 second at 22 (and i'm still being asked if i'm the big sister at 28 which I love lol)!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any, but my wife has had three.
  • mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Had my boys when I was 33 and 36. Actually had my first on my 33rd birthday.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I was 25,27 and 29 1 girl and two boys
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Married at 20; had our first at 30, waited 5-years to have our second (spacing...diapers, college ets) I had twins right after my 36th birthday. LOL! So much for not having 2 in diapers. ;)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    My first two girls, of my spirit were acquired with my DH (when we tied the knot several years after meeting) when I was 31- he had custody and they were youngsters. The 3rd girl, of my body, was born when I was 32. I personally am glad I waited.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    21, 23, 24, 26 & 28
    Looking back sometimes I wish that I had waited a little longer before getting started, but hindsight is 20/20.
    I love them all dearly!!! Hope to have 1 more before I'm through.
  • BigDaddy822
    Options
    I was 21 with the first and 24 with the second and god only knows with the 3rd!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i was 25, 27, 29, 31, and 32 when i had my kids. if my marriage hadn't ended i'm sure i would have had one at 34 too.

never set a number of kids in stone, but i wanted to be done by 35. it USED to be the cut off age for the advanced maternal age diagnosis with pregnant moms. i worked NICU, and mother/baby, and i did not want to see AMA on my chart, anywhere! LOL

however, i believe they have raised the age. it's now a bit closer to 40. maybe 38??

if i fell in love and got remarried in the 2 years, i would be willing to have ONE MORE baby with my new husband, but only if he had his heart set on it. otherwise, i'm totally good with never having to breastfeed again, or getting up every three hours or less with a newborn :-)
  • petersoncl
    Options
    First child was at 18, then 20, then 21, then 31, then 45, lastly 47. I am done.
  • bigmamaS4
    bigmamaS4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my kids pretty spaced out, 18, 20, 25 and 32 and every age had its pros and cons, definitely easier money wise when I was older and more settled in my career. But being a young mom was great too.
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had the Banditas (aka my twinnies) when I was 38. I was considered advanced maternal age. I'm a way more patient person now than I was in my 20s. They wear my butt out but I wouldn't have it any other way! You have to pick the time that is best for YOU not for other people. I'm glad that I waited, got my degrees, had some life experiences before I had them. Now I'm very content with the "settled down" lifestyle as I probably would not have been if I would've had them younger.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and now that I am 42 I am so glad I had em young. First of all I had way more energy and now I am free........at a young enough age and maturity level to enjoy my life with my hubby. I also have such a great time with my boys now that they are adults!

I agree. The kid being older is pretty awesome (although I suppose since she's 18, I really should stop calling her a kid). It's nice to be able to go out of town for a few days with my husband and not have to worry about babysitters or things like that. We definitely didn't get much "couple time" in the beginning as we had only been together for 4 months when I got pregnant, but at 34 and 36, we're definitely young enough that we don't feel like we missed out too much.

Also, I'm discovering that the older I get, the LESS patience I have.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    24 is how old i was when i had my first
  • foxfieldzoo
    Options
    1st at 25,2nd 27,3rd 28,4th 30,5th a miss,6th 33,7th 35,8th 38
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Pregnant at 23 had my first at 24!!