I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i/8

Any math nerd will get this joke. lol. I once saw a t-shirt with i/8 on it and thought it was awesome!

:-D

Oh, I know I'm a nerd because I'm a full time student who also works 33 hours a week, and would rather spend time doing homework than socialize.

I want that T-shirt!!

I know I'm a geek (not nerd) because I love solving equations. Maths and chemistry are my friends. And I would much prefer to be home on a saturday night watching disney movies than out at a club
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I am taking on Philosophy courses at MIT...because I want to and they're fun.
    I can give you a tour of world history, by centuries, then broken into decades, with highlights on important years...starting at around 500 AD.
    All my sims are bookworms and science geniuses. (Except for that one guy that cleans the toilets.)
    I think e-readers are a sad invention because you can't smell the pages. Old books smell so good.
    I can date fabric samples.
    I can't wait for quiet evenings with coffee and computer games.
    I have a tattoo in Runic and another in Latin.
    I speak Latin.
    And Polish.
    I heart medieval festivals.

Naprawde? Mowisz po Polsku? No fajne!!!
  • SandiD146
    SandiD146 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha! My Sims are geeks too...love them.

My husband sleep-talks code monkey stuff......I used to understand, but since I'm now a mom, its garble.

And I'm in a Crafts for Geeks group on FB.....and I quilt.
  • heidiwithom
    Options
    I went to the movies to see Lords of Rings, Return of the kings ....... By myself.

This makes you epic.

Thanks Mr.Man. I like to think I'm pretty freakin awesome. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Right now im watching Kevin Smiths "night with" series while sitting on the couch replying to random forums....
    thats the nerdy part.

just killing time till friends get here so we can go out.... somehow i have become the guy everyone rides with ever since I got a new car... or maybe its the higher gas prices lol
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    - Started reading Tolkien in the 7th grade. McCaffrey by 10th
    - Stood in line for all three Star Wars movies, and the first Lord of the Rings movie (the animated one!)
    - Pre-ordered Mass Effect 3
    - Waiting on Diablo 3 - the whole family across the country is gearing up to play together
    - I build PCs and install servers
    - My SUV has a decal indicating it's a Firefly class freighter. And it's shiny.
    - My "There's no place like 127.0.0.1" T-shirt is still funny to me.
    - Other geeks call me a geek.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love Ewoks!
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    I intend to reward myself with an awesome Batman belt buckle when I reach goal :blushing:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My center's "accident free" counter says 0001 0101 and we all know it doesn't mean 10,101 days but 21

BINARY BABY!!! woohooo!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My center's "accident free" counter says 0001 0101 and we all know it doesn't mean 10,101 days but 21

BINARY BABY!!! woohooo!
    and yes, we poured a 0010 1000 on the corner for the homeys that fell.
  • HerroEmma89
    HerroEmma89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the sookie stackhouse series....so since the new book wont be coming til may I'm re-reading them all lol.
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I"m not trying to be a troll but after watching about 5 episodes of Big Bang Theory, I feel like it's a stupid show about smart people. As opposed to Arrested Development and Community, which are smart shows about stupid people.

I know lots of people will disagree with me on the first point because the show is so popular.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I did see the very first Star Wars movie - when it came out in 1977 - three times - the first week.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I watch TED talks on every subject to learn new things
    I listen to NPR for fun
    I've seen the entire Firefly series and Serenity about a dozen times
    One of my favorite movies is The Princess Bride
    I am a bookworm
    I enjoy word games
    I am quite particular with regards to grammar

That said, I prefer the term "geek chic"
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm more a geek.

Videogame junkie
    Speaks Klingon 'Sadly not fluently'
    Thinks Big Bang Theory is the geek version of Blackface, yet watches it anyhow.
    I've actually had to say 'Yes, that kolmohdee.' at a comic con. (Not THE comic-con, haven't been yet.)
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a geek...

I'm an IT Manager so I'm sure that speaks volumes.
    I'm marrying a Systems Engineer/Programmer/Forensic Computer Examiner.
    I have a Warcraft tattoo.
    My cats names are Kilo, Echo, Tango and Zulu.
    In high school I passed notes in binary.
    I started coding when I was 11 because I wanted my own Sailor Moon website.
    I love to read.
    I know more about Napoleon Bonaparte (and his horse, Marengo) than any sane person ever should.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a geek because I HATE when people think watching Big Bang Theory makes them a fellow nerd/geek.
  • onefourone
    onefourone Posts: 212
    Options
    I know i am a geek/nerd/dork because

rock, paper, scissor, lizard, Spock
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I like Comic books and I still watch cartoons!
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    BBT is amazing! The writers are geniuses!

I know I'm a nerd because I am a grammar nazi. I can't stand the people who txt lyk ths! It makes me want to cry.. "People cry because they're sad. For example, I cry because other are stupid and that makes me sad."

Last week, I corrected my teacher's improper use of a semi colon on my mid-term. 0:-)

oh i love this i love it when i find spelling mistakes in school publications and newspapers.....i hope you got an extra grade for picking up the mistake though...

and as with everyone else i love sheldon