For those that care for breakfast type foods in the morning

Options

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    I usually juice in the morning or i have 1 apple. 2 stalks of celery topped with 2 tablespoons of almond butter and 1 tablespoon of agave
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I see a few people eating lots of processed grains with skim milk(sugar milk) on here, you guys ever think to switching to whole grains and almond milk?

Whole grains aren't that nice. :tongue:

And almond milk doesn't sound nice, though I did consider trying it once only to realise it's not available here.

I guess, if you give up on trying new foods like that. Both whole grains and almond milk are delicious to me.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Normally 2 eggs (scrambled, fried, boiled, poached) with some veg like mushrooms, tomato, spinach and occasionally some fakeon (fake bacon)
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    instant porridge with soy milk, some homemade granola and fruit mixed in (pommagranate, blueberries, banana, pear, whatever I have).

Or homemade granola, homemade yoghurt, with a bit of fruit and fiber cereal, and fruit all mixed together.

Or if it is the weekend, I will have something with eggs - scrambled or an omlette, mushrooms and maybe even some bacon on brown toast.
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Slice of rye toast with I can't believe it's not butter, boiled egg and mug of te?..sets me up for the day...love breakfast and often have cereal for dinner with skimmed milk ( my recent favorite is Nestlé Fitness...yum)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I see a few people eating lots of processed grains with skim milk(sugar milk) on here, you guys ever think to switching to whole grains and almond milk?

And almond milk doesn't sound nice, though I did consider trying it once only to realise it's not available here.

I guess, if you give up on trying new foods like that. Both whole grains and almond milk are delicious to me.

"not available" isn't good enough. Why didn't you just have it drop shipped to your house?? Geesh :drinker:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I like ezekiel gluten free multiseed english muffins with organic butter or coconut oil and eggs. I also like having a plate of vegetables like celery, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, etc. to snack on.
  • duckiewhomp
    Options
    Mmm... whole grains... every morning I have 1/3 cup cooked mixed whole grains (usually some combo of kamut, sorghum, millet, cracket wheat, wheat berries, and flax seeds), with 1/4 cup homemade granola and 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk. Heat it up for 2 minutes in the microwave and it's the best morning porridge ever! Tons of fiber and protein in those whole grains and it keeps me going for a good 4 hours.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    Just to make the weight loss thing fun, I get up every morning and actually fix breakfast.

I have a recipe for lightened-up huevos rancheros and it's become a personal favorite. I also like fruit with cottage cheese and deviled eggs made with Greek yogurt, or pumpkin pie oatmeal.

I miss biscuits.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Bacon and omelette (eggs, small bit of raw cheese, onion, peppers, ham, tomato and spinach) and topped with salsa.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

And they're not to me. :smile:
  • fat_momma
    fat_momma Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm a Bagelthins addict.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My three usual breakfasts are:

1. Homemade whole wheat pancake
    2. Cold cereal or oatmeal with light vanilla soy milk
    3. Homemade breakfast sandwich made with two slices light wholegrain bread, toasted; scrambled egg white and one slice reduced fat swiss cheese.

And always some fruit. Lately, clementines.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I care for breakfast foods all day long. Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites!

We love this at my house too! When we have it for dinner, my son affectionally calls it "brinner"
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Not everyone's goal on here is to loose weight, people eat to their goals
  • rubycube86
    rubycube86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like eating at breakfast. Normally, I start getting hungry around midday which I know isn't good. I'll usually have a pack of breakfast biscuits or a bowl of cereal. I don't really like toast that much at breakfast time. Breakfast is a hard one for me. Usually I have to end up forcing food into me rather than eating it because I enjoy it.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I care for breakfast foods all day long. Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites!

We love this at my house too! When we have it for dinner, my son affectionally calls it "brinner"

Me too, A nice bowl of cereal for supper is lovely :happy: I doubt I'll ever grow out of that habit
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i normally have bobs red mill 10 grain hot cereal with greek yogurt and 1 oz nuts and 1/4th cup of raisins. but today I had 3 egg whites, a banana and 1 oz nuts. and i have coffee with fat free half and half and since im weaning myself off the coffemate flavored creamers I still have a tbs or 2 of that in there. its a lot of cals but a lot of good cals i think
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I make muffins, pancakes, eggs, sausage, toast, waffles, I east anything I want. Everything is made from scratch and is low calorie.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    whole wheat bagel thin with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter & sliced strawberries!