How do you open your Banana?

Options

Replies

• hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I give them my scary look and yell at them in my dad voice, and they peel themselves.
    It's good to be a dad..

If only they would slather themselves with peanut butter...

Oh my gosh, minin mouth-gasm. Peanut butter and banana is right there under beanut butter and chocolate. Yum, I think I'm having toast with peanut butter and banana and this morning.

PS...I always thought you opened it from the top...never had anybody tell me differently. I think I'll start a new habit today!
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    always from the top but i used to work with a guy who opened it along the side using a knife and fork on a plate - very posh!
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lol, top but chimps do it from the bottom :))
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    I open it from the top. Hmm, I never really thought about it...lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,059 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so uneducated! How does one get it started, if you open it bottom-first?
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    From the bottom so that I have a handle!
    I grasp the handle in my right hand and use the thumbnail on my left hand to tear open the bottom of the banana.

And then I devour it like a monkey.
  • Canis8Lupus
    Options
    How ironic. I have to make Banana muffins today.

I've never even fathomed the idea of opening a banana from the bottom o.O.....

I'm totally going to have to try it.
    Then I'll be more suitable to input about this topic.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    From the top, but if it's a little unripe and won't pull, I take a knife to it's neck (right a the bottom of the stem) and then peel it that way.

Me too! I only eat bananas when they are still a lil green, so a knife is pretty much a must for me.
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    Wow! I'm so uneducated! How does one get it started, if you open it bottom-first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng

:)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    WTH. Never heard of opening them from the bottom.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    top/stem :D
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    From the top. How do you open it from the bottom?? (Other have probably asked this, I didn't look through the thread...) :-)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    what!? see THIS is why I'm not married. NOBODY to tell me I'm peeling fruit wrong. I'd have shoved that banana .. oh well nevermind he's YOUR husband
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    From the top, with teeth (easiest way for me). To shake things up I'll try it from the bottom next time.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of teaching my kids to open their own banana's. I just thought everyone opened them from the top, didn't know there was another way....that being said,

Everytime my kids open them, they grab the steam and yank it back, one part will split, they will just keep going and the next thing you know the banana has squished out the little slit!!! Then they don't want it....but today is the start of a new day

from here on out banana's will be peeled from the bottom, I will have to pick some up on my way home, kinda excited....hehehe

edit** this is probably the most informative thread of the day!!! Thank you
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,059 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng

:)

Oh! That's fantastic! Thanks! I've learned something fun and useful today!

And the guy had on his monkey jammies. Too awesome.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Never even seen or heard of it being opened from the bottom before, I've always peeled from the top. Will have to give the other way a go lol
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

That's what I'm wondering! I had no idea it was even possible to do it from the bottom.
  • Phoenyx0189
    Options
    I did not know that there were other ways to peel a banana.
  • michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like it on top. I mean I start at the top. ;D