How do you open your Banana?

Options

Replies

• iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Top! I didn't even know people opened their banana from the bottom!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    From the top if I plan to eat it all. If I just want half now and the other half later, I simple break it in half. No need to dirty a knife :-)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Top, I never even knew that it was possible to open it from the bottom.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so uneducated! How does one get it started, if you open it bottom-first?
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same, 'cos when you do it from the top, you just snap the stem & hey presto, never even heard of anyone opening their banana from the bottom.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Aww man, I was hoping we were talking dirty here. I like to keep my bananas guessing what way I'm gonna eat em... Sometimes I start at the tip, sometimes at the bottom and sometimes right in the middle. Most of the time I go for the plums first tho, lol.
  • MikesMuffin
    Options
    From the top. I know it is easier and the correct way to open it from the bottom but with 40+ years of doing it one way its habit.
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    Wow! I'm so uneducated! How does one get it started, if you open it bottom-first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng

:)

Oh! That's fantastic! Thanks! I've learned something fun and useful today!

And the guy had on his monkey jammies. Too awesome.

That's a must see video for all of us who have always opened bananas from the top!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My son told me the right way is from the bottom, I thought it was crazy, doesn't even look like it should be opened from there. But I got so tired of trying to open bananas from the top that wouldn't open without mushing the heck out of my banana, so opening from the bottom. Now it's the only way I open it. It opens right up without any problems, so I'm convinced my son was right. lol
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter on my naners, but honestly I never gave thought to opening it from the bottom?? lol I will try to remember to try that next time tho!!:laugh:
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My husband is always telling me the correct way to do things, like the correct way to boil an egg!:grumble:

I never knew before the right way to peel a banana !

I wash mine first though.

Nina
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng

:)

Oh! That's fantastic! Thanks! I've learned something fun and useful today!

And the guy had on his monkey jammies. Too awesome.

That's a must see video for all of us who have always opened bananas from the top!

Yes, it's a short video, and MONKEY JAMMIES. Priceless.

Plus, how often do you learn something simple and useful like this??
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    My husband is always telling me the correct way to do things, like the correct way to boil an egg!:grumble:

I never knew before the right way to peel a banana !

I wash mine first though.

Nina

the only reason that it bothered me is because my mother said the same thing not a week earlier!
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Top. I had never even considered opening it from the bottom. Now I'm curious to try.
  • kdc0587
    kdc0587 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stem to nub
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I am in shock that so many open it from the bottom. I've never heard of doing it that way before... definitely going to have to try that tomorrow lol
  • BumInTheSun73
    BumInTheSun73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I never even thought it was possible to start at the bottom. Will definitely be trying this next time. Thanks for the link to that video, learned something new!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    From the nup, because thats how I was told monkeys do it
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Woah, wait a minute. You PEEL the banana? :noway:
    Ha ha ha - good answer :):laugh:
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Reluctantly! I don't like bananas - l do eat them occasionally - emergency, portable snack before a run. But I pull a face..:sick: whilst eating it..

I had never beforeheard of opening a banana from the bottom.

I shall impress the boys by showing them the 'new' way :)