THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 23

Options

Replies

• cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good day, all...

Something I meant to pass on...
    For any newbies starting out, don't go out and invest a lot of money in new exercise equipment until you check your local thrift stores.
    I made an amazing discovery...
    Even though I live in a small town, and we only have two thrift stores, they are virtual treasure troves of exercise equipment. Seems that a lot of people invest in treadmills, bikes, etc., but they give up or meet their goals...
    And what do you do with old stuff? Either yard sale...or thrift store.
    My stationary bike cost me $8. Yesterday, I spied a treadmill for $12 (but I didn't buy it...no room...)
    There was a Pilates starter set in a yard sale last weekend.
    All sorts of other gizmos and gadgets at the second-hand stores...

But for now, I'll stick to my bike. And my own two legs...
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Prayerfulmom - ya actually the bike race did make me want to exercise. IT WAS COOL. We went and looked at bikes afterwards and walked the mall. it was a cool day.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Just went thru some more clothes in my closet. Down they went into the pile in the garage. But at least I have lots and lots of room for new clothes now! Too bad I can't afford a new wardrobe every month! LOL I haven't gone thru my dresser yet... so I still have lots of things to try on. My favorite "dressy casual" shirt went down there today, sigh. But it looked terrible on me now, so way to fix it and make it look nice. Pants you can take in (and I'm doing that with my new ones I just bought) but the shirts, you really can't.

Haven't been logging at night but I think I've been ok on calories, below maintenance at least, no splurges except for that shake the other night.

Bored, bored, bored. At home with 3 little boys who are going stir crazy because it's raining. Hubby has the van so we're stuck at home. He's off shooting with the English and Europeans (they like to come here and fire a gun and then go back and brag about it). He took his .45 stainless steel pistol and they were all awed by it. Wait till they shoot it - that thing has a kick and a half in it! Then sometime today they're all coming over here for a meal. The only thing I can say about them is, at least they went shooting BEFORE they started drinking...

Looks like hubby is going to Europe in a few months, and he'll be meeting with these same guys. After seeing how they are here, I'm a little worried what trouble they might get hubby into there!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom - sw 277/cw 232.2/gw 164 +1.8
    manda - SW 198, GW 135, CW 172 = no change
    buttonnose - 2 lb loss
    crazybee- sw 269;gw 175; cw 254.7 lost 1
    adopt4 - sw 273; cw 230.2; gw 165, down almost a pound
    cyndeebee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 126.5 down half a pound
    Losingit4good: back down to 215 now that aunt flo has left.. LOL
    ktndj82104 - sw 190, gw 140, cw 160 = no change
    pawprint-sw 167, gw 120, cw 160- 3 pound lost
    kjllose= sw 191, gw 150, cw 191 just starting again
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 251 = a loss of 3 lbs
    indianagranny sw216.2 /gw160/cw179.6 = 5.2 lbs lost (3.8 lbs water or STRESS weight that went fast)
    healthymom - sw 208, gw 150, cw 176 = 2 lb loss
    lulubar SW205, GW 145, CW 187=no change:/

Wow! Looks like several of you had a really great week!!! Way to gooooooo!

I had such a BLAST in Houston ~ Fantastic time with family and friends and a really fun roadtrip with my daughter and her guy too! It just could not have been better. I stayed within cals except for the reception dinner and that's just because I had 2 glasses of wine ~ but stuck with the healthy foods and no dessert:)

I'm beat, I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow after a good night's sleep:yawn:
    :heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Li4g - You better get exercising or I will beat you to that 1.5 miles in15 minute challenge! :happy:

Congrats on the drop!!

LOL... you must be reading my mind!

Actually, I have another person that might come find us. Ive known her for a while and her hubby was deployed to iraq at the end of June. She decided she wanted to go to the gym and has been bugging me about taking her to mine since I talked to her a couple weeks ago.

Anyway.. today we went as it was raining here and I didnt feel like getting wet while I ran. She doesnt live close by like adopt4 but more like 1/2 hour away. Lucky for us there is a LA fitness about 6 miles from her house, so at least Im not driving over there just to drive back then have to take her home. Shes on pain meds for chronic migraines and wants to use the pool and jacuzzi and drop a few pounds before her husband comes home, so you may see her eventually. I offered to drive if she paid for the gas..and she was all for that! She signed up at the gym and got her first workout in today also... :) She's taking it slow, so we both do our own thing and then meet up to swim afterwards.

Today I did 20 minutes of SOLID running (not wogging!) on the treadmill. I would have done more, but I pulled weeds yesterday and my left hamstring was really tight. (Yes, I made sure to stretch it really good before and after!) I was pretty surprised I ran the whole time and didnt feel tired or have to stop! I did 1.75 miles in 20 minutes and then jumped on the elliptical and did 20 more minutes on that. Hit the pool afterwards and did laps for 30, then fell into the jacuzzi and just sat there for a while... :wink:

It was a GOOOOOOOOOD workout day with 993 calories burned!!! :drinker:

nataliedee.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Li4g - I wish I had a happy dance for you!!!! Great job on the exercise!:glasses:

Today was a day off but we went out to a petting zoo. My 3 yr old almost came home with a kitten. There was only 15 of them! I momentarily forgot how mischievious kittens are.

I stayed on track with my new eating plan and even cut up veggies to munch on during the week. Happy Monday tomorrow!:wink:
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    IG-cycling is addictive=) My hubby got attracked to it during one of my triathlons and is head over heals with it too.

A4-Although your losing clothes I bet it feels good to get those drawers cleaned out. I just did that not too long ago. I've got the next 2 sizes down waiting for me in the shed. Boy would I love to have to buy clothes again. Its funny but I find I can get clothes cheaper at walmart or ross cheaper than the second hand stores here. That is California for ya.

l4g-nice on the burn! its always nice to have workout buddies too. Keeps us accountable. I found when I lost my exedrcise buddies I started joining groups...triathlon group, running group. I decided to take a break from officialy training for an event so no groups.

hm-lol on the kitty. Our cat is 11 or 12 and getting cranky. Awesome on the eating on track and prepping.

Sunday's are my off day. The good news is I got back my road bike! I am so happy as I need to get my mountain bike in for a tune up as its popping out of gear. It was hard to commute on that mountain bike=)

Have an amazing healthful day.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning...

Exercise: 52 mins on the treadmill - 424 Calories
    Strength: Biceps, Triceps, Squats and abs

Today is a new start.. I've gained 5 lbs with all the bad stuff.. I'm done.. I put my husband on patrol and we threw out all the bad food....

I am back..:wink:
  • lulubar
    Options
    Okay, I lowered my cals to 1280 today per MFP guidelines with 1 lb/wk goal. Last time I did this I was really cranky and had noooo energy. But I've spent the last 6 weeks on 1500 cals. with .06 lb/wk goal and haven't lost an ounce... sooooo I'm backing down again and will try to be careful to get in all the food groups to see if that helps.

I've been logging on a hand held but I'm switching back to mfp logging so I can share it with you guys and maybe get pointers...

Also, I'm handing one of my slippers off to ya'll so that you can whack me when I'm not exercising - I've been really really really slacking there!

My new motto:

Focussssssss:angry: Focusssssssss:angry: Focusssssssss:angry: !!!!!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    welcome back anita!! great job losingit! and prayerful, so glad you can ride again! lulu, we missed u. :smooched:

man oh man am I tired today. but last night went really well. we had people from italy, the UK (they don't call it England, it's always "the UK"), Brazil. I LOVED those british accents and their slang! couldn't keep up with all the conversation (even though we watch a lot of BBC and hear the accent a lot) but it was certainly fun to listen to! although the big vp didn't come, the director and a couple of pretty high ups came, so that was good. nice schmoozing, you know. i have to learn how to host better and be a better schmoozer if hubby is going to climb the ladder, you know? i need a social etiquette class, cuz I'm just "me", no matter what situation I'm in, and if I'm uncomfortable, it shows! so need to work on that. got to bed not too late, about 1 or so, but then I was up at 3 and then 4 and then 5 and then 6 trying to shove hubby's butt out of bed. finally succeeded at 6.

the best thing - the director brought hubby an electric cigarette and told him he needs to stop smoking!! they're hard to get here, have to order them off the internet and they're really expensive, but he brought him a pack thing! i'm so excited! i wanted to kiss the guy! he just stopped by using that so he figured hubby should too.... hubby says he'll start on vacation (2 weeks) so he can get out of his environment and change habits. i'm ok with that!

did good on my food, haven't logged dinner but i didn't eat that much and only had 1 hard lemonade. didn't get all my water in the past few days... lulu, i need that slipper too...
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    About schmoozing...
    My uncle was an engineer, and he also climbed the ladder of success. My Aunt Isla was a real comedienne - always telling jokes or making funny remarks...Anyway, they had to entertain some bigwigs from India, prior to a transfer there. So my Aunt cooked a fabulous meal, everything was looking good, and she went out of her way to be congenial. She'd say something funny...then wink to let everyone know she was joking.
    After the dinner party, someone informed her that it's a big taboo for women (strangers) to make eye contact with men in India...
    Yup. Not only did she make eye contact, she winked at them.

I say...Just be yourself.
    My sister entertains a lot, and she's flamboyant and dynamic. More than once, she's committed a social faux pas, but she laughs it off. If you smile and laugh a lot, people will forgive almost anything...

Congrats, adopt4, on hubby quitting smoking. Good luck.

I'm getting ready to go for a walk. A very slow walk. No pushing the limits this week.
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Back with the TEAM. Hi guys, well the house is done, but I've really tumbled off the wagon. So, I'm back again. Check out the pics on my profile. There are a lot of success stories, way to go....Zano
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Well good morning Team

I just got back from my 8 mile bike ride to and through the park and back!! my 8 yr old daughter cassie went with me...she loves spending time with her mommy!!! awww

Hubby stayed home from work today cuz April will be here tonight some time and with the graduation party this past weekend we are still freakin cleaning!!! LOL

Saturday was a long long day trying to get everything ready for the graduation party..for my cousins daughter.. It was a rough night...but its done gone and in the past now... moving on!!!

Well check back in later when April get here!!!

Sheila
  • swignal
    Options
    Back with the TEAM. Hi guys, well the house is done, but I've really tumbled off the wagon. So, I'm back again. Check out the pics on my profile. There are a lot of success stories, way to go....Zano

Looks great.. Nice JOB
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Hey Zano... Welcome back.. There has been a lot of changes.. Alot of new members !! But it's all good.. Congrats on finishing the house.. I've been off the wagon too.. Gained 5 lbs.. I feel horrible.. But today is my fresh start.. Glad to have you back and start fresh with us...

Anita
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Welcome back Zano!!!! I'm still working on the 1.5 miles in 15 minutes. Going to reach that goal real soon. Already taken 3 minutes off my time. By the way, nice job on the house.

Hurray anita!!!! Here's to a fresh start :drinker: awesome exercise time today :flowerforyou:

swignal - good job biking :smile: Have fun with April!

Checking in now because I won't have time tonight. Doing well with meals (already planned) and will bike ride if the wind dies down. If not, off to the gym.

Have a great day all!
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    Hello again.

I did not tumble of the wagon, but I'm not really on it either. More like hanging on to the trailer hitch. lol.

Been maintaining. I guess thats good, but now I'm down to the wire. My goal was to go to hubbys 10 year HS reunion around 135 lbs and at least an inch around the waist gone. Might have to re-think that to 140. I think I can do that in a month (?)

The hubby and I were both in a mood slump the last 2 weeks and just felt like everything was getting too much but not enough. Too much effort at work, at home with the roomies, with his jiu-jit-su training and my weight loss BUT not enough $$, help around the house, or results.

SOOooo after a big celebration weekend at our friends bachelor & bachelorette parties (very PG, but totally fun and boozy!) I told him, ok, thats enough- we don't really have anything to complain about we're just bored because we can't go do something ($$)

I'm not even LOOKING at next week. THIS week, I will exercise at least 3 times. Probably W/Th/Fr b/c of my TOM. (So mad at Aunt Flo- she just showed up and threatened me with the worst cramps in the world. Last time I worked out/ran on the first day, I had to call in sick b/c I couldn't get off the shower floor! blah!) Since I am going to only work out those 3 days, I WILL stick to my 1330 cal count at least 3 of the other days. (I have a wedding on Sat, no idea what they are having but it'll probably be italian!)

Go Team!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Zanoooooo! Welcome back ~ your floors are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Nice job, I know that was a lot of work!

Good job Anita!!! Keep it up!

Okay, my embarrassing story about entertaining folks from other countries: I was asked to speak to a group of Japanese dignitaries (all men) about charity and philanthropy in the U.S. Seems they don't really have non-profit groups over there and they were exploring the concept. Anyway, we had a nice tea for them and then I gave a presentation. I was wearing a skirt and black sweater. I didn't commit a social faux pas, but at the end of my presentation I looked down and the underwire from my bra had worked out and was sticking out of my sweater about 4 inches!!!!!!!:blushing: I have NO idea how long it had been poking out!:noway:

I've stuck to my menu today ~ good on cals ~ spent the entire day deep cleaning so no formal exercise but worked up a good sweat several times and will go for a good walk in about 30 minutes.

later gaters:heart:
  • swignal
    Options
    LuLU - sry that happened but it is kinda funny!!! you know how sereous them Men can be LOL...

Team April has arrived!!! after making thousands of pit stops LOL...I had dinner waiting for her we had pork loin cooked in a slow cooker with a mushroom gravy mashed potatos and brussle sprouts and cottage cheese and apple sauce.. we ate later then normal but I wanted to make sure she had a nice meal when she got her after driving for sooooooooooo LONNNNNGGGGGG!!!!

well i am getting ready for my bike ride.. I will check back in a little later...

Sheila
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Enjoy your long-awaited visit, Sheila and April.

Good morning, everyone...
    I'm getting ready to spend the day with my mom, stepfather, and daughter. Daughter wants a new hairdo...I'm trying to "deal" with that, because she has the most beautiful hair...
    If I had my way, she'd leave it along. Long, thick, beautiful. All shades or red, golden, and blonde...
    It's a joke in our house...She can go to bed with wet, uncombed hair, and wake up the next morning with perfect hair.
    Me? I've never had a good hair day in my life...

Anyway, I won't stand in the way of her haircut...
    Her choice.

But I'd better get busy here. It's almost 9:30, the folks are picking us up in 2 hours...and I still have to do something with my hair...:cry: