This ENDS my fast food cravings!

Options
400300_2488086642197_1253623952_31953782_699234660_n.jpg

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — BONES, EYES, GUTS, and ALL. it comes out looking like this.

THERE'S MORE: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be re flavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

Think about that next time you pull through the drive thru or start craving fast food ;)

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending McDonald's, but this image is not what the description states.

Hoax:

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1478&keywords=McDonalds Chicken McNuggets Mechanically Separated Chicken Photo
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I've seen this posted all over facebook recently!
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Glad I read the description. I totally thought it was a huge serving of strawberry soft-serve.
  • siouxperwoman
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending McDonald's, but this image is not what the description states.

Hoax:

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1478&keywords=McDonalds Chicken McNuggets Mechanically Separated Chicken Photo

Even if the picture isn't what it looks like, I have watched SuperSize Me, and the describe the SAME thing. Old chickens are mashed up, beaks/eyes, guts, feet, everything!! And then used to make nuggets. NASTY!
  • myahennessy
    myahennessy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eeeeeeeew! (thanks for posting. has definately curbed my cravings!)
  • vellacraptor
    Options

Hoax:

Reading that it actually says that the image IS the chicken, it's just the process in the description is exaggerated and probably outdated (at least for McDonald's).
    So yeah, still gross and somewhat factual.
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    omg thats discusting. my favourite was the mcchicken sandwich meal aswell. so much crap went into my body

x
  • pink09diamonds
    Options
    OMG thank you for posting this, I've heard so many times how bad mc D's are but it goes in one ear out the other when you see a yummy burger.... not so yummy now!!!!!!! uggggh!!!! That image will be in my mind and keep me away from that revolting food forever!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The amount of chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches I had eaten as a kid lol. How did I survive on this stuff...

They did taste nice though, but the taste of there food lately has been quite bland and dry. I had a Big Mac sometime last year and it was just dry and not much taste at all.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I saw this on facebook.......it's gross. You could always tell the fast food chicken wasn't chicken, lol
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    The amount of chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches I had eaten as a kid lol. How did I survive on this stuff...

They did taste nice though, but the taste of there food lately has been quite bland and dry. I had a Big Mac sometime last year and it was just dry and not much taste at all.

That's what I was just thinking! I EXISTED on McDonald's for years; it's a wonder I wasn't having weight issues and such way back when.

And agreed that the stuff tasted better some years ago than it does now. It wasn't hard to wean off of them after a while, and that was years still before I joined MFP.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    hahahaaa...my vegetarian friend actually showed this to me a while back. I do NOT touch anything processed like that...no chicken nuggets or chicken patty sandwiches, and absolutely NOOOO hot dog weinies....uuuuuuck
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Myth. McD's stopped using separated chicken like 2 years ago. :yawn: Snopes is your friend, folks.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Um...EW! However, I heard this was a hoax as well. Regardless, I have seen "Supersize Me" and that was enough!!!
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Check out Food Inc. if you really want an eyefull on how the food industry processes our meat! It's disgusting!
  • MStrawn
    MStrawn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No different than hotdogs / baloney / brats / summer sausage, or anything processed.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The beak is my favorite part of the mechanically separated chicken! *raises a McNugget to you all*
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    This is a hoax.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    This... AGAIN??? We have been through this 100 times. McD's doesn't use mechanically seperated chicken... and even if they did it would not look like soft serve - it looks like this:

2010-10-05-Screenshot20101005atOct.57.10.27AM.png

which is still not appetizing but its not foamy looking...

Now if you excuse me I am going to find some softserve because all that first picture does is make me want some damn ice cream.