stay at home moms?

Options

Replies

• mememe84
    mememe84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm at home with my girl 20 months find it hard now and again to not munch on choc and crisp :( x
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    SAHM for a little while longer the oldest is off floating on a boat in the Navy my girl is 16 and giving me gray hair and my baby boy is 6. I also have 2 puppies an Aussie and a shih tzu mix that drive me nuts but it's mi vida loca in Pcola Florida. And i wouldn't have it any other way!
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sahm of 3 boys. I am in NC. I have 3 sons ages 10, 6, and 19 months.
  • chubbytiff
    chubbytiff Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    stay at home mother of two 4yr old girl 9 yr old boy.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to 3 little ones, 4, 3, and 1. They keep me on my toes most days.
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options

If I could stay at home I could keep the house clean, keep the flowerbeds cleaned out. I could exercise all the time. Well guess what??????? That stuff is not happening. I have been home since my oldest was five. My house better than it was, but it is not always clean. The flowerbeds would not be cleaned out if it were not for my husband and my mother. And, I do not exercise. There for a while, I did keep the tv on that FIT channel and watched all the exercises. lol. If all you had to do was watch, I would be a negative size 4. lol. I have brought Zumba dvds, walking dvds, plattes dvds, hip hop dvds. You name it I have brought it.

I need to get up off my BUTT and do something.

I know exactly what you mean!! I haven't had to work since I had my first, but when I did work I thought if I was at home I would do all these fabulous domestic-type things. What I forgot was that I am not especially domestic, and I HATE cleaning! And yardwork. lol. Oh well, I figure my house would probably look even worse if I was working. In fact, I had planned to clean the bathroom today...but being on the computer is just more interesting! :laugh: I am managing 2-3 workouts per week, and I seem to be busy all the time, but I really couldn't tell you what I actually do all day.

Oh yeah - I also remember once asking my doctor if it counted as exercise if I owned a tae-bo workout dvd. He said not if it still was in the original packaging. Figures...
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    SAHM of 3 (only my youngest with me all day). Ages are 9, 5 and 3...live in Olive branch, Mississippi, basically Memphis, tn :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am s SAHM too! I have two kids.
    I really should be cleaning right now, but I cant get off of MFP today.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    2 boys... 1 in school all day, the other 1/2 day. Going back to school this summer but plan to be SAH for the most part. :)
  • nanny2mommie
    Options
    am a stay at home mom of a 18 month old lil boy but i also watch my 3 year old goddaughter.... i use nap time as my workout time.... gives me my me time and is making me healthier...
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Rachel 2178: I would suggest when the 5 month old naps have a certain set of toys, coloring books, puzzles etc. for the 4 yr old. These only come out when you are working out. When you are done working out, that special toy goes away for the day. Maybe a goodie bag from the dollar store?

My youngest sometimes likes to try and work out with me. She twirls and jumps all around to my Denise Austin DVD and says "I hope I get results in 30 days or less!".
  • Littlemama76
    Options
    Do you guys find it hard sometimes, during down time, not to snack? Sometimes I walk to the kitchen and have the urge to grab something! Ha!!!

Definitely! I've been working on making sure the snack options are healthy!

I'm a SAHM with 3 kids...11, 5 and almost 3.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im a full time pre-med student but i dont work and have 2 babies. the oldest is 2 and i just had the second one jan 5 2012 :) feel free to add me :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    another sahm, but i'm a single sahm, ex left 2 years ago.

kiddies are 5 & 3. they are currently alseep cause i was up at 5.30 to get my workout in before my eldest goes to school.

now time for breakkie.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    another sahm, but i'm a single sahm, ex left 2 years ago.

kiddies are 5 & 3. they are currently alseep cause i was up at 5.30 to get my workout in before my eldest goes to school.

now time for breakkie.

im sorry to hear this. :( my ex left me last yr when i was 9 mos with our 2nd baby.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Stay at home mom to two boys ages 6 and 8.5. My husband is wonderful in supporting me through my fitness regime. I get a lot of "me" time because they're in school. When people ask me what I do I tell them "I gym" :tongue:
  • astrasburger
    astrasburger Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SAHM / WAHM - Iowa

I work at home and stay at home with my 3 kids (2 1/2 yr old son, 1 yr old b/g twins). I find that i snack and am tired right in the afternoon...hard to balance work and working out...both during the day and at night. Getting in the groove though...slowly. I was getting disappointed as my scale yo-yoed back and forth but i realize this is a life change and not a sprint. i'd rather do it slow and steady and keep it off then do it fast and not manage all aspects of my life as family and work and me have to balance out.
  • Skinnyredhead
    Options
    I am a SAHM of a 3 year old and twin 18 month olds. All I want to do is eat, especially when they cry a lot, or the dog is bad, or they pull each others hair. I have bad days, and then I have good days. Working on my good eating days to be way more frequent than the bad. Excercise I have been doing good with, 5-7days a week, about an hour, but it takes up most of my evenings with my hubby. : ( the earlier I get up in the morning to excercise, the earlier the kids wake up! I am sure that there is a button in my bed, that alerts all three kids when I get up in the morning! I live in northern alberta, Canada, and I CANT WAIT TIL SUMMER!
  • bubsmom10
    bubsmom10 Posts: 43
    Options
    SAHM of a 16 month old feel free to add me :)
  • mrsambitious
    mrsambitious Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom. I also work from from keeping other babies. That's why I look like this now. :sad: